What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Luffy, but my love for Luffy is also my source of disappointment that Oda completely holds back the character's potential in growing besides some random new battle form.
luffy's character doesnt really grow and tbh it hard to see how it can
in an odd way he was built to be the modelish/perfect character from the start
its not one of dealing with insecurities, one who thinks they are too weak to accomplish their goal etc

the only time it ever felt like he genuinely lost who he was was post mf after losing ace.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I dont't think he was that much retconned. His story inside WOW made some of his motivations more clear. But yea he was pretty reckless.

Him bodying Xe'ra then Sargeras in the same expansion was cool as fuck to see.
I felt he was a completely new character playing Legion and reading about TBC.
Especially Legion.
Xe'ra is there giving him a freebie PU and he rejects it?
Not war3 Illidan.
War3 Illidan would have played along on the Light Bondage game all patch long.

Malfurion "you made pacts with demons to get your powers. you're a menace to us all!"
Illidan "I'm being treated unfairly"
Also Illidan 5 minutes after Tyrande releases him "so, arthas, you telling me there's this warlock artifact that will grant me these awesome demonic powers? let's fucking gooooooooooooooooooooo"

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
its not one of dealing with insecurities, one who thinks they are too weak to accomplish their goal etc

the only time it ever felt like he genuinely lost who he was was post mf after losing ace.
thats called lazy and shitty writing. Anyone in real life that goes through adversity yet learns nothing from it like Luffy gets left in the dust or dies a shitty death. He still acts needlessly reckless, acts stupid but it's all ok because "plot"

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

Honestly, works for short stories.
Oh at least stories that let the MC take the back seat from time to time.

One Piece actually is the opposite on both situations.
:suresure:

I

Indigo

I like Luffy more when he interacts with the Straw Hats, so i really liked him more in the Pre-TS.

Luffy not interacting with the Straw Hats and just being a hero saving countries got a bit old for me in the Post-TS, that's why i'm not a huge Luffy fan, but i don't see the problem of liking One Piece if you don't like the MC that much, there's over 1000 characters in this series.

:kayneshrug:

It was expectable. Oda always reserve antagonist strongest attacks in the final battles

Seeing how he hyped the chapter, the battle / that technique should be insane :crazwhat:
There are 8 'baguas' in Taoism apparently, so maybe Kaido has 8 different Bagua attacks?

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Rosella hates luffy ?
Thought you're part of Pirate King Luffy fandom
What? No

I don't hate him but I heavily dislike him and actively root against him.

He was fine pre ts but since the Katakuri fight and till now, he's become a full blown Gary Stu and fully conscious of his divine ability to bear no consequence of his actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.