Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will look bad because in the end that is what effects her victory, if it was done normally.... She goes roof top and lufgy will be guaranteed to be done for good too. She may not go down but will be seen as loser just like in WCI

Kidd and Law will pull out a win. There's no reason to keep BM around after this arc. Unless Oda plans to rehash this whole Luffy vs Yonko fight again which I don't see happening.

Luffy was downed several times and came back with a powerup. This is their sinking into the ocean moment. Kidd might learn AdvCoC after this. :kata:

I‘m so confused rn, what is happening? A damn shinigami? And there is still zunisha and the mysterious devil fruit? And how the fuck is orochi still alive?
I need answers rn :pepestrike:

Nothing against Kid and Law, seeing them get another hype moment against Big Mom is really cool.

However you can't deny that the only reason why Oda didn't have Big Mom defeat Kid and Law for good is because of plot.

The full summary makes it very clear that the only reason why Kid and Law are not completely defeated is to prevent Big Mom from going to the roof.
its the same plot that allows our mc to have a chance at defeating kaido atm tbf
kaido should have killed luffy not tossed him off the island.

So Kidd can create a bull to use with his awakening... he's using so much energy.
Katakuri creates portal limbs
Doffy can't create a thing, just turn stuff to strings
Law can make his sword & attacks bigger & lethal
Showing even as newcomer in terms of awakening, they far evolve it better then Doffy.

Katakuri created teleporting flying donuts fist. Pretty op for close and long range.

Law make his sword large and lethal.

And Kid creat a Giant op Bull.
I wish Doffy would also got a great df skill set in terms of awakening. A big spider in CoA would be so epic.

Kid and Law are really something else, great feats.

Lol why not all that
this is a perfect moment to set up why Zoro should not die by Oda

1. By showing he still need to make Luffy became Pirate King because he is one of the Wings.
2. By showing he still have a bunch of nakamas.
3. By showing his promise to Kuina.
4. By showing his dream to defeat Mihawk.

but i guess what z-keks want is because of ZKK :kobeha::kobeha:
:cheers::cheers::cheers::myman:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
In my humble opinion, Oda is fine restricting her to make Kidd and Law look good. Am I a fan of that? No. But if he plans to have her fight a proper 1v1 or fight in the future where he main attacks aren't off paneled then, thats fine. But we can agree to disagree on how she looks on this.

This was the best outcome to not make Law and Kidd look bad nor make Linlin look bad either. All three of them came out looking "good"
My issue probably stems from me expecting big things in this fight. I am glad you liked it though—I was expecting BM fans to be more disappointed than me. I have nothing but respect for that positivity.

And he wants to make them look good at the expense of making Big Mom look bad, which is where the issue is—this chapter hardly made them look any different from chapter 1030. In fact, this chapter is 1030 all over again with the only exception being Kid and Law are more injured now than they are back then. If Oda wants to forcibly paint Kid and Law seem closer to Luffy, he utterly failed to do so and it also resulted in making Big Mom look bad when she's supposed to be as big a threat as Kaido.

P.S. Oda should've at least given them a power up to justify this.
Or you just downplayed Kid and Law
These 2 beat any top tier bar Teach , Akainu & Kaido in 2v1
Even Shanks might not win cause his body isn't durable as Rocks duo. Haki isn't stopping their awakened moves everytime in 2v1.

BM > Current weakened kaido btw
Luffy ~ or ~< Kidd + Law > Kid >~ Law
Awakening boost them more than it boost Doffy or even Katakuri.

People think skills works the same :
Law and Kidd already have OP fruits so their awakening makes them far stronger than it makes Kata who relies more on Haki and his fruit is mid tier.
FS boost kata more than his own awakening .
Awakened Kidd and Law are top tiers or low top tier in AP/AoE/DCC

Next PUs will make Law and Kidd top tiers with Kidd being admiral level even or near equal.

Also this chapter is a huge throwback to 1008

in 1008, Kid says
"it doesn't feel like our attacks are doing anything"

to which Luffy responds:
"They are working!!! There's no way all these hits could have no effect!!"

Now in 1038, you have it to where Kid essentially state's Luffy's line, telling Linlin that there's no way his attacks aren't doing damage. What this signifies is that Luffy has inspired Kid to believe in himself. Whereas earlier, despite Kid's big talk, he was ultimately unsure about his chances of victory, Kid and Law are now resolved to defeat Big Mom no matter what.

I feel like this has to be a lead up to Kid and Law awakening advanced haki. Luffy dropped that line only 2 chapters before getting ACoC. If linlin is going to fall next chapter, advanced haki might just be the thing that brings her down. DF awakening is already doing so much damage to her, even if the two just get ACoA, that combined with awakening could reasonable bring down linlin.
Wha chaptert did luff learn adv CoC again?

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
My issue probably stems from me expecting big things in this fight. I am glad you liked it though—I was expecting BM fans to be more disappointed than me. I have nothing but respect for that positivity.
Im disappointed that the fight has been offpaneled but I can't expect Law and Kidd to look horrific no matter how much I stan her. They were always bound to have cool moments even at the cost of making the fight believeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.