Who did more damage to Linlin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that many people in the fandom have serious problems with accepting "powerlevel"- balances based on character quirks.
BM not being overly proficient in haki game, her being a clumsy big bloke that's not dodging and all, is what makes her beatable in the first place. If she would be slimmer and blitz around like Blueno or base Kaku with some soru/geppou kinda stuff, while wielding a CoC infused maser saber, while also being able to boost her own physical power and heal herself, she would be nigh unbeatable.

An alternative marine version of her would legit be in a league of her own, but that's just not in verse- canon Linlin.

If her main fighting style is spaming homie attacks, while being extraordinary tanky, it's just what she does. It's not like CoC makes her a completely different fighter, as it f.e. does for Luffy now, when she's much more reliant on her homies and when Law and Kid are trying their best to keep their distance anyway. If a guy like Shanks gets beaten by just using CoA enhanced swordsmanship it's a completely different story for example.
That's not to say that either party does not have plot on their side, it's obviously a thing, but it's also not like this makes the fight turn into complete BS. Obviously people are allowed to not like that and I'm not trying to take it away from you.

In a 2on1 forum versus thread, where Law does not have to care about other folks, he could have also perform his puncture Wille from afar, while Kid restricts her mobility with "assain S.N." or some. And in reverse nothing stops Kid from instantly firing off damned rotten, right after Law stunned her with Shock Wille.
All I'm saying is that, even if there are certain PIS situations on both sides, It's not impossible to imagine them beating her.

I am starting to wonder if Kaido's awakening or "special" move will be anything too spectacular
It probably will be. The thing with Kaido is the fact that he likely needs some differentiator to his powers when it comes to putting Luffy at a disadvantage before Luffy uses some new G4 or G5 form.

It's just typical for post TS fights so far. This is why I'm not surprised zoan awakening may be reserved only for Kaido, because it only would apply to Luffy as a fighter in the story.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Iirc it was a statement in manga, and at that point Luffy gained new techniques, Zoro got new techniques and so forth, Nami got two new staffs in that time, Usopp from Kabuto to dials.
And Zoro´s statement was in regard to Usopp being able to take care of himself.
I think there is something more in a SBS or something saying the SH are training between island and they became stronger with each adventures etc.

Maybe i dreamt it.

Just to clarify further, you literally concentrate on the force part of AP, and that if someone with that force would attack Zoro and he blocked/counterattacked with ISDS, he would be pushed back.
Putting aside whether you are even right with the attacks you mention (not substantiated), that´s still not how it works because Zoro still surpasses those attacks in lethality and AoE.
There is not only the sheer force, but also the effects this will have on the opponent. I think Beef Burst can Ko people more than ISDS.

That was my point, you don´t know how Queen would take Burst if it was a sole attack, Sanji literally used it as last finisher after several attacks and Queen was already broken.
What i know is :
- As a finisher it is Sanji most powerful attack and was portrayed that way.
- it is IJ best attack : IJ focused on strength, speed, haki and hot fire. And it's superior to Exo Hell memories.
- it KO Queen, a 1.32b guy, with huge ancient Zoan and cyborg parts
- it sent him far away from the island
- it happened after 2 PU for Sanji : Exos and IJ.

Obviously we cant know how Queen would have reacted to it if it was the first attack he received since the raid started. But it's the same for all finisher and for all characters, previous damage matters. But that attack has the portrayal of taking out Queen.

not substantiated either because it´s not tangible.
Yes it is.

SH are getting stronger and stronger. Opponents too. And the power dynamic between SH is always more or less the same, can vary but not that much.

So yes portrayal can tell you things with great accuracy.

If you beat a high tier with a finisher during Wano there is 99% chance that the attack is better than the one who took down a mid tier 2 arcs ago and two power ups ago.

It was always like that.

What we know is, most of the attacks mentioned are not lethal at all (in the sense of finishing the attack with one move) and also have no AoE.
I don't understand that part.

How do you know ISDS can finish people better than God thread or beef burst ?

Beef burst finished someone far stronger than Pica. Sulong attacks finished a guy like Jack.
God thread can finish lots of guy too and definitely finish Pica too.

Obviously no one dies in One piece, so we can only counts KO.

I don't think ISDS can finish most high tiers : I don't think it can finish giant smoothie, I don't know if it can finish hybrid Jack, it can't finish or hurt King, can't hurt Jozu, can't finish Queen, given everything Kata took I don't think it can finish Kata too (i don't even talk about if he protects himself with haki or blocks it), can't finish Marco, I don't know if it can finish Doffy etc.

A direct clash is not the decisive argument/criteria for bigger AP or not, i think we are talking past each other.
Putting aside the fact that it´s questionable how you want to compare something like Entei clashing with a sword attack, bigger AP does not have to win in a clash, it is the attack with the most potency and can do the most if landed.
Despite what Zoro stans think/claim, Luffy had always more force in his attacks, seen by the destruction he can cause with blunt force, Zoro was still superior in his AP than Luffy, because of his lethality if the attack lands. That also applies to Law in comparison with Luffy btw who in turn could always compensate that with higher speed and thus easier hits.
Obviously they are attacks that can't clash against each other. For exemple Gamma knife and KKG. But a direct clash can also say with attack "won" and which attacks was the most powerful. Often you can see both opponents landing their final move and the winner is the one who overpowered the opponent attack.

Among the attacks i listed : most of them have greater force, greater lethality/Ko effect or equal than ISDS.

ISDS can't clash against Beef Burst or KKG. Likely Imperial archer speed mode. It's not outright superior in a clash against Sulong FInisher too.
It also has less KO effects than almost all of them. Karyudon fire, Beef burst strength and fire, God thread piercing power and haki, etc
Only better AOE but when you lack in force, KO effect and protrayal I rate the attack below them.

Ashura with Enma on the roof was only a low top tier attack at best. Hurt kaido but not that much.
ISDS in DR wiithout Enma boost and one arc and half ago : it wouldn't have done anything. Same against BM. Or would have been stopped without that much trouble.

You can't tell me that ISDS during DR was above high tier power level wise. It's a middle pack high tier attack at best. Portrayal matters.

In the end, you can´t claim that Zoro, if he lands the attack properly, could not finish off Queen like Sanji did with DR ISDS.
What i can claim with almost certainty is that Sanji finisher has more chance to finish someone than DR ISDS.

If Zoro DR landed ISDS to the Queen who was badly hurt just before Beef burst ? I don't know, ISDS would have hurt him more that sure and maybe, maybe would have taken him down. But i am not that sure.

What i am sure of is and i already stated it above : all in the story is telling it : the opponent, the finisher/strongest attack, the PU before, the dynamic of the crew etc. Zoro second best attack in DR can't be stronger than Sanji strongest move 2 arcs laters and 2 PU laters. Especially when Zoro is taking down King with 2 PU (Enma and COC) and King and Queen are relative to each other.

So what i know is : against a fresh Queen : Beef burst would be more effective than DR ISDS.

I notice that many people in the fandom have serious problems with accepting "powerlevel"- balances based on character quirks.
BM not being overly proficient in haki game, her being a clumsy big bloke that's not dodging and all, is what makes her beatable in the first place. If she would be slimmer and blitz around like Blueno or base Kaku with some soru/geppou kinda stuff, while wielding a CoC infused maser saber, while also being able to boost her own physical power and heal herself, she would be nigh unbeatable.

An alternative marine version of her would legit be in a league of her own, but that's just not in verse- canon Linlin.

If her main fighting style is spaming homie attacks, while being extraordinary tanky, it's just what she does. It's not like CoC makes her a completely different fighter, as it f.e. does for Luffy now, when she's much more reliant on her homies and when Law and Kid are trying their best to keep their distance anyway. If a guy like Shanks gets beaten by just using CoA enhanced swordsmanship it's a completely different story for example.
That's not to say that either party does not have plot on their side, it's obviously a thing, but it's also not like this makes the fight turn into complete BS. Obviously people are allowed to not like that and I'm not trying to take it away from you.

In a 2on1 forum versus thread, where Law does not have to care about other folks, he could have also perform his puncture Wille from afar, while Kid restricts her mobility with "assain S.N." or some. And in reverse nothing stops Kid from instantly firing off damned rotten, right after Law stunned her with Shock Wille.
All I'm saying is that, even if there are certain PIS situations on both sides, It's not impossible to imagine them beating her.
Nigh dude, people are just wondering why she didn't use her AdCoC + AdCoA attack against Kid and Law.

Although deep down in their minds they know exactly why she didn't use it...

Maybe. Maybe not. But he won’t be sleeping till the end of arc. He will get up at some point. He maybe tired but hasn’t suffered any significant physical damage whatsoever.
At this stage I feel like CP0 will likely be taken on by the Scabbards but I can see the Scabbards eventually lose if someone doesn't assist them. I wonder if Killer will roll again and what about Hawkins. Apoo escaped and he will probably not fight them again.

Momo could take care of Orochi at long last meanwhile.

You can criticism BM offensive power or other things,but hell when it come to endurance/durability, this women is truly one of the best and strongest in Op. Look how she endure this insane attack and directly answer with her own attack:

Imagine tanking a Island buster attack, having so much power left to start a directly counter attack, crazy old Lady.
Really sad that Oda didn´t show much more of a combo with her elbaf skill+adv CoC or awakened df power....
:josad:

It probably will be. The thing with Kaido is the fact that he likely needs some differentiator to his powers when it comes to putting Luffy at a disadvantage before Luffy uses some new G4 or G5 form.

It's just typical for post TS fights so far. This is why I'm not surprised zoan awakening may be reserved only for Kaido, because it only would apply to Luffy as a fighter in the story.
I am basing this on the fact that King Queen and Big Mom's "Ultimate" attacks didn't seem too much stronger than the next best thing

Oda in rush mode, I don’t know if it will be that long but there are a lot of stuff left especially CP0 and Zunesha plot
I think it will. We need to learn about Shimotsuki and Zoro also Strawhats are gonna have 3 road poneglyphs with bunch of other ones. Robin needs to read that.

We need to learn Odens diary and Wanos history too. So there is a lot of plot points for that to happen. Not even talking about Momo and scabbards too.

Status
Not open for further replies.