Who did more damage to Linlin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
--I am not talking about power levels though ; Kidd/law defeating BM does feel out of place as they are not main characters of the story (especially kidd)

--Zoro and sanji defeating BM would have been more fulfilling ; I can understand about luffy having rivals but luffy barely had any in most of OP
Lanjino has neither the AP nor the balls to even hurt BM. :lusalty:

And Zoro is reserved for ZKK. He should not kill Meme, too. :kata:

--I am not talking about power levels though ; Kidd/law defeating BM does feel out of place as they are not main characters of the story (especially kidd)

--Zoro and sanji defeating BM would have been more fulfilling ; I can understand about luffy having rivals but luffy barely had any in most of OP
Kid and Law desperately needed a huge feat for their "rivalry" dynamic with Luffy to not look comical after he defeats Kaido. They haven't even defeated any yonkou commander, they needed something BIG

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
A big reason why Big Mom is down is because of a rule of 3 situation happening here. 3 times we have had a chapter end in the same way but with stronger results each time. Law hits Big Mom with a very painful attack, which opens the door for Kid to hit her with a lot of force.

The first time Law hits her with Shock Willie he is doing it with his sword at a regular length. Kid follows up by using assign and hitting her with basic steel bars. The result is that BM uses a year of her life to power up.

The second time Law hits her with a bigger shock willie by revealing he can stretch his sword, BM was begging Law not to use the move ("No, not that!"). Kid follows up with an intricate Bull Mech that hits her hard. The result is that she has to mend her broken bones and pull out more advanced moves that we've never seen before.

Third time Law hits her with his biggest attack yet. The sword is extending to the ground and BM is desperately attacking Law to stop him by punching him over and over again. Law hits her with a stronger version of shock willie that puts a giant crater in the ground (compare the mountains next to it and how big it looks from Momo's POV). Kid follows up with a technologically advanced laser cannon attack. The big difference this time is that we can see Big Mom's face in reaction to Kid's attack. The result is that Big Mom is defeated.

This is the best place to stop the fight as there really isn't a way to improve on what we've already seen here, it will just be stalling or recycled content if it does. It wouldn't make sense to keep it going when we just saw the climax.

For another example of what I'm talking about look up the film "Kramer vs Kramer" and find the breakfast scenes at the beginning, middle, and end.

It's late where I'm at so I'm going to bed after posting this. But what happens during those breakfast scenes is what is happening here; the foundation of the events are similar, but there's a story and progression being told.

Add in the fact that we've already seen multiple fights end this way in the arc and you're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you think she's going to continue fighting after this.
I'm bringing this back, but I also wanted to provide the scenes from that movie I mentioned and why it's a good example of what I'm talking about with this fight. Quick context is that this film is about a custody battle between a mother and father over their son. POV is the single Dad getting used to raising his child in a way he is not used to.
:goyea:

3 Breakfast scenes

First scene:
First breakfast is tense as it is the workaholic father getting used to taking care of his child since the mother walked out he had to take care of it alone. The scene has a tense rift between father and child while he tries and fails to make french toast.

Second scene:
The much calmer scene where father has gotten more used to his duties, a big difference between his first appearance and now. Both the father and son have a quiet and respectful dinner that shows that the father has been an influence on his child, hinting at a successful transition from a workaholic to a caring father. Instead of making french toast, there's a safer option of premade donuts from the store.

Third scene:
In this ending scene, the father sadly lost his custody battle to the mother despite all the development beforehand. In this quiet scene, both father and son are working together to make french toast compared to the tense rift in the first scene. As he prepares his son to go off with his mother they share a tender and tearful moment as they're about to say goodbye. This finalizes the bond and connection built up throughout the film. To cap it off, right after this happens the mother contacts the father and tells him that she realizes that their child is already home and that she is giving him custody of her child.

What I'm getting at here is that that last breakfast scene is a perfect place to end the storyline, having another breakfast scene to further prove the connection between father and child would be beyond redundant. Just like it would be redundant to have Big Mom get up once more. Either she gets up and defeats Law and Kid which makes the last few months completely pointless, or Kid and Law knock her down and defeat her again but it will pale in comparison to what they did in this chapter.

A big reason why Big Mom is down is because of a rule of 3 situation happening here. 3 times we have had a chapter end in the same way but with stronger results each time. Law hits Big Mom with a very painful attack, which opens the door for Kid to hit her with a lot of force.

First time Law hits her with Shock Willie he is doing it with his sword at a regular length. Kid follows up by using assign and hitting her with basic steel bars. Result is that BM uses a year of her life to power up.

Second time Law hits her with a bigger shock willie by revealing he can stretch his sword, BM was begging Law not to use the move ("No, not that!"). Kid follows up with an intricate Bull Mech that hits her hard. Result is that she has to mend her broken bones and pulls out more advanced moves that we've never seen before.

Third time Law hits her with his biggest attack yet. The sword is extending to the ground and BM is desperately attacking Law to stop him by punching him over and over again. Law hits her with a stronger version of shock willie that puts a giant crater in the ground (compare the mountains next to it and how big it looks from Momo's POV). Kid follows up with a technologically advanced laser cannon attack. The big difference this time is that we can see Big Mom's face in reaction to Kid's attack. Result is that Big Mom is defeated.

This is the best place to stop the fight as there really isn't a way to improve on what we've already seen here, it will just be stalling or recycled content if it does. It wouldn't make sense to keep it going when we just saw the climax.

For another example of what I'm talking about look up the film "Kramer vs Kramer" and find the breakfast scenes at the beginning, middle, and end.

It's late where I'm at so I'm going to bed after posting this. But what happens during those breakfast scenes is what is happening here; the foundation of the events are similar, but there's a story and progression being told.

Add in the fact that we've already seen multiple fights end this way in the arc and you're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you think she's going to continue fighting after this.
The only way I could see BM get up if is Oda wants an ultimate COC clash between her and Kid as Law is down, but I'm not betting on that

Because Luffy has to be as strong as an emperor very soon. If you hate "Fairy Tail" power ups then why read one piece? It's been a thing since pre timeskip it's nothing new now. And how is big moms story useless? The point was to show that Luffy Kid and Law can tangle with the rulers of the seas. If they fought together it wouldn't be as impactful
You do know there are like hundreds of ways to ahve Luffy be as strong as an emperor very soon right? Oda could have Luffy be commander level during fishman island. He could have made Luffy 1st commander level in Dressrosa. So many ways to have Luffy been "as strong as emperor" without sacrificing the narrative that Oda has already established. Having Luffy get stronger is the easy part of the story, now connecting all your narratives is the hard part.

One Piece power ups has never been close to Fairy Tail power ups until we have gotten to Wano. Nothing in pretime skip has a power up close to wano.

And yes Big Mom story is useless because it added nothing to the story. If Oda just wanted Law and Kidd to defeat her then why did he waste our time reading Big Mom backstory, reading the dialogue of her and Pesperro saying "trust me" regarding Kaido, having all these different Big Mom personalities that ended up helping the alliance, having this big fuss of Katakuri and Luffy talking about defeating Big Mom. Why did Oda waste our time on that if it amounted to nothing? Just let her be defeated then without wasting our time on those narrative.

Kid and Law desperately needed a huge feat for their "rivalry" dynamic with Luffy to not look comical after he defeats Kaido. They haven't even defeated any yonkou commander, they needed something BIG
--I agree but as I said luffy doesn't really need rivals and he still would surpass them irrespective of it ; luffy didn't had any for most of pre skip for example

--It really undermines a yonko as they are Big bad and its much more fulfilling if SH's beat them

(A marine rival feats much better also like smoker in early OP)

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
The only way I could see BM get up if is Oda wants an ultimate COC clash between her and Kid as Law is down, but I'm not betting on that
Personally, I find that boring compared to using ultimate attacks that are unique to them. I do think that if Oda does have Big Mom do one last big thing before putting her down for good is to bring the Onigashima skull to life as we saw in OP 24.

Not sure what that would actually accomplish, but at the very least it will be visually and narratively interesting rather than having her get up just to get KO'd for good.

You forgot something

he fainted
After being tortured and having to stale king and queen on his own long enough for zoro to completely heal, then having to take down a second commander

Sanji lost a lot of stamina after getting his body crushed

If sanji started the fight with his power up, it wouldn't even be considered a mid diff fight, a normal hell memories damaged queen so bad a base kick was enough to hurt him when sanji's strongest attacks couldn't do shit, a ifrit jambe version of hell memories might put him down in one hit

Last edited:
Most definitely Law carried this fight, but low key he's a lot more bitchy then I would expect. I wonder if he will complain he doesn't have CoC too lol

BM df is op, but her durability is overated. So far king, kaido, jozu>bm

what if her elemental attacks are stronger than COC
Law and KId DF based attacks doesn't look any weaker than Luffy or Yamato COC move
Law maybe but i'm sorry nothing Kidd showed proved me he has better than Luffy's COC move.
I don't think you understood adv.coc, it's not about being stronger or not. but it makes your attacks stronger because it's an ability to coat your attacks. so adv.coc with her elemental attacks would have had more efficiency. I mean from what Oda showed, unless you are right.

--I agree but as I said luffy doesn't really need rivals and he still would surpass them irrespective of it ; luffy didn't had any for most of pre skip for example

--It really undermines a yonko as they are Big bad and its much more fulfilling if SH's beat them

(A marine rival feats much better also like smoker in early OP)
-I don't disagree, but I'm dont dislike the rivalry dynamic, and Oda doesn't seem to either.
-maybe, but SHs are still going to take down Kaido, Blackbeard and maybe even Shanks.

it mainly depend how important Kid and Law will be during the final war. If they do nothing relevant and disappear from now then having them beat an emperor was a waste. But if they actually face admirals/gorosei/WG secret fighters/IM (whatever revelant antagonist, I ain't entering that debate) and have the most important roles next to the SHs then I think it is okay.

- Rivalry was portrayed back in preskip, it feels better that leaders of worst gen beats a yonko (figure head of old gen). Law is an MC if you ask me lmfao, he’s also a D. which has major relevance to the story. Kidd‘s role and screen time should have been bigger I think, Oda just couldn’t deliver

SHs taking care of every major villain feels weird in a narrative perspective. It would be bad for world building, and it’s like the MCs are just here to accomplish everything in an RPG, what’s the point of introducing so many other characters. Having other major characters play a role would be better in which Oda have established time and time again that Worst Gen are those special players. Worst Gen are also figure heads of the ”New Pirate Age”, not just Luffy and his crew. They have all the right to take out major pirate villains (old gen) or at least have roles in the grand scheme of things regarding the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.