Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic chapter.
I don't care what people say or even big mom in the chapter, that lady couldn't move from kid's attack.
The amount of force, kid can produce with his attacks it's insane.
Law continues to be creative and op as always:steef:.
So, we will get info about one piece in wano maybe.
Zunisha is a cursed figure from 800 years ago and joyboy's nakama is quite thrilling for me.
Man, zoro looks like he is dead.. Wtf is all that blood?
But i am sure all that leads to even more greatness for our boy, so let's put our seatbelts on and drive all the way to awesomeness once again.:cheers:
Look, nothing against Kidd, but all he could do was hold her in place and push her.

In terms of damage he really did nothing. BM even mocked him for not being able to hurt her at all.

Look, nothing against Kidd, but all he could do was hold her in place and push her.

In terms of damage he really did nothing. BM even mocked him for not being able to hurt her at all.
I don't know man, from law's and kid's words it seemed like she was going to lose.
Law casually used his r room with no worries or rushing to do it and said her last words was hurting his ears.
Kid never stopped his attack and said that no one should afraid a person who is about to die.
It seemed that law and kid knew that BM wasn't a real threat anymore.

Kid and Law really pulled through to secure the win and even though they still had help, a win's a win and a loss is ultimately a loss.

Law was definitely the MVP (though Oda pulling infinite stamina and new abilities like it's nothing is a bit concerning), with Puncture Wille, R-Room and handling Misery. Kid's Damned Punk could've been shown to be more impressive but drawing blood from Big Mom, pinning her to the ground, pressuring her (along with Puncture Wille) to grab more souls mid-attack and sending her through Onigashima's floors is pretty impressive. I prefer Assign (making non-magnetic objects magnets with enough force to keep Big Mom stuck to the surface of that wall was really cool) but Damned Punk was quite nice.

This fight and the rooftop definitely made me a Kid fan. Aside from the choice to have him leave the Kaido fight when most of his beef was with that guy, I think Oda handled Kid well. The guy showed maturity, acknowledging Zoro, taking the initiative in ensuring Big Mom stays away from the rooftop and accepting Law's help (although he was initially hesitant). The dude reminds of me of Vegeta back in the day, he'll talk all kinds of smack even if he can't back it up and while it's fun to laugh at him when he gets whooped or shown up by someone else, I gotta respect the tenacity and confidence they show cause sometimes that's needed even if they go over the top with it.

Law using Corazon's powers was a bit much (of course it makes sense in a way since Law can control his rooms though at this point Oda can have him do anything with that rule) but I loved him dedicating the move to him, especially when Corazon had such an impact on him and him deciding to find out about history.

Big Mom was impressive too, taking all these attacks, not even given the chance to really heal this chapter like she wanted but still pulling through then getting bombed, still being up before the rest blew. She didn't disappoint, in fact we didn't even see her using CoC-imbued attacks on-panel so despite all that, it feels like she was held back. Ultimately though, one side won, the other lost.

Overall, good chapter, nice (though somewhat underwhelming) conclusion to the fight. I expect even better from Luffy vs Kaido (also thank goodness Raizo's fight is over).

Kid and Law really pulled through to secure the win and even though they still had help, a win's a win and a loss is ultimately a loss.

Law was definitely the MVP (though Oda pulling infinite stamina and new abilities like it's nothing is a bit concerning), with Puncture Wille, R-Room and handling Misery. Kid's Damned Punk could've been shown to be more impressive but drawing blood from Big Mom, pinning her to the ground, pressuring her (along with Puncture Wille) to grab more souls mid-attack and sending her through Onigashima's floors is pretty impressive. I prefer Assign (making non-magnetic objects magnets with enough force to keep Big Mom stuck to the surface of that wall was really cool) but Damned Punk was quite nice.

This fight and the rooftop definitely made me a Kid fan. Aside from the choice to have him leave the Kaido fight when most of his beef was with that guy, I think Oda handled Kid well. The guy showed maturity, acknowledging Zoro, taking the initiative in ensuring Big Mom stays away from the rooftop and accepting Law's help (although he was initially hesitant). The dude reminds of me of Vegeta back in the day, he'll talk all kinds of smack even if he can't back it up and while it's fun to laugh at him when he gets whooped or shown up by someone else, I gotta respect the tenacity and confidence they show cause sometimes that's needed even if they go over the top with it.

Law using Corazon's powers was a bit much (of course it makes sense in a way since Law can control his rooms though at this point Oda can have him do anything with that rule) but I loved him dedicating the move to him, especially when Corazon had such an impact on him and him deciding to find out about history.

Big Mom was impressive too, taking all these attacks, not even given the chance to really heal this chapter like she wanted but still pulling through then getting bombed, still being up before the rest blew. She didn't disappoint, in fact we didn't even see her using CoC-imbued attacks on-panel so despite all that, it feels like she was held back. Ultimately though, one side won, the other lost.

Overall, good chapter, nice (though somewhat underwhelming) conclusion to the fight. I expect even better from Luffy vs Kaido (also thank goodness Raizo's fight is over).
Man you are too optimistic but I like your positivity ; one of the most passive and unbaised posters around:cheers:

The fight sucked imo

I cant believe we wasted an entire Decade on Big Mom, a whole decade was spent building her up to go against Luffy but all Luffy gets as his victory moment is escaping her territory, that sucks.

Law has neither Ryo or Conquerer's haki, but at least he has his internal attacks to deal damage to big Mom.
But how on earth does Kid hurt her he has neither Ryo nor advanced conquerer's haki but he can somehow break big moms bones while Luffy cant even scratch her with Gear fourh, that makes aboslutely no sense. Oda has given us no explanation whatsoever on how Kid could physically hurt Big Mom, this is a complete cop out.

I was giving this defeat a pass for Big Mom because the spoilers said all the bombs and the fire monster fall and explode with her which is completely false.
One Bomb explodes, the one she grabs and that takes out the fire monster, when big mom falls and hits wano there is only rubble falling with her, so how the hell did she explode on impact.
The Rest of the bombs are still there with Yamato in their frozen state when she is talking to Momo.

What was the point in tying Big Mom's history into Elbaf if she wasnt going to be involved in that arc and leaving her flashback on a kind of cliffhanger regarding Carmel and the orphans.

But the biggest annoyance is how garbage luffy looks now in comparison since Kaido and Big Mom are supposed to be equals.
Kid and law beat Big Mom with nothing but their devil fruit awakenings.
Meanwhile Luffy requires Advanced Conquerer's haki and Ryo just to be able to hurt Kaido, who has fought against all 9 red scabbards and 4 other Supernova and still beat Luffy a second time.
After that he fight Yamato and even Momo gets to deal some damage, so after fighting FIFTEEN other characters he's still getting the better of Luffy while he's freaking DRUNK.

Unless Big Mom gets up next chapter (Which i doubt since we got the victory box), see's Zunisha and all the WG ships and decides its time to abandon Kaido and leave with her crew then this is by far the biggest waste of a charcter we have ever had and i thought nothing could ever beat freaking Rebecca.

Kid has done nothing to deserve this accolade in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.