Did Kanjuro Kill Big Mom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The arc is ending, people complain that Oda always adds new plot points but they quickly get resolved
The problem is that he resolves the plot points that were built up for a long time in a unsatisfying way.

This BM vs Kidd/Law "fight" is a prime example of it.

Huge buildup for BM and Kidd, then a way too quick and questionable execution (even if we somehow assume BM was always meant as an ally in the future) that leaves both the BM and Kidd fandom standing in the rain.

Just a quick reminder: Raizo vs Fukurukujo lasted as long as BM vs Law/Kidd.

Even Big Mom is written as an overgrown child, she has a chance to redeem herself somehow. It is why I never bought the idea of Luffy outright beating her up. She’s not truly evil like Croc, Hody or Doffy.
Yup. Her personality seems entirely based on eating Caramel outside of her hunger pangs (i.e. literally O-Lin, who is not crazy save for when she's hungry). Her dream involves sitting with all races and people her size (i.e. Giants). Her entire tragedy is about losing her friends and mother.

This is why if she's in Wano, i don't see her being a straight up villain anymore, especially because of her crew, who honestly may even ask Luffy for help to fix her issues somehow.

I see that there are many people who are disappointed with Kid's treatment. But again Kid is not a main character, in the story of One Piece Law is much more important than him.
Law is a member of Clan D. The law has the OP OP No mi

I'm sorry for the Kid fans @ReggieZoldyck21 @rerere @Pantheos @Monkey D Theories @Lukegranders @Roo @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @Iam25 they deserve better they wanted something good but I think they expected too much from this character

Kid and his crew can't be Luffy's rivals, they're too weak. I've always said don't expect much from Kid or you'll be disappointed, Kid isn't as important as Law and he won't be.

And it looks like Big Mom wasn't even really knocked out, finally Oda found a way to knock her out with a bomb. She tanked all of Law's Awakened Deathblows that hit inside the body is impressive. Maybe eventually she will actually be in Erbaf and that's where Luffy will beat her.
if oda didn’t want kid to be luffy’s rival, then he should have portrayed him like law from the beginning

The problem is that he resolves the plot points that were built up for a long time in a unsatisfying way.

This BM vs Kidd/Law "fight" is a prime example of it.

Huge buildup for BM and Kidd, then a way too quick and questionable execution (even if we somehow assume BM was always meant as an ally in the future) that leaves both the BM and Kidd fandom standing in the rain.

Just a quick reminder: Raizo vs Fukurukujo lasted as long as BM vs Law/Kidd.
Imo the only thing we need between Kidd and Big Mom is what did Kid steal from her, and we’ll likely get the answer to that post wano from Kid himself

I jumped off the Kid vs Big Mom 1v1 hype pretty early on. I personally think Kid needs to fight Kaido in order to get closure on that storyline, at least a proper one

I

Indigo

Has Pantheos reacted to the news yet, I'm curious about his thoughts about thia revelation.
He did

The wind changed, obviously I lost my bet!

Sad but true. But I accept my L, Congratz at my competitors, it was really fun!

i will open a Thread on Friday (to keep the spoilers in the spoilerthread) where you can post all your avys for me and I will wear them in the order posted, each 48 hours. Just wait for the thread, I am gonna mention you.

Do not send it per PM. It will get lost there.
It is time for me to accept Oda hates Kid. He seems to be to much work for Oda.
Feels like oda stopped writing/drawing his story and now just bends over some popularity bs.
It was a fun ride, worth it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

now I take my L.
I take it on Friday, since we don’t want to spoil outside the thread, but people can prepare the Avis. :D

God would it be funny if Bm wakes up as O-lin turning into Tama's pet post wano.

Imagine thinking BM will be an antagonist post wano. After this arc it's all about Blackbeard and Shanks.

We have to properly power scale king now. I mean king did by himself what it took law and kidd chapters to do and king was more impressive because: it happened instantly, bigmoms crew also got dealt with, and as a result king was what made bigmom turn into olin. If kidd and law fans give them a W then king gets the most massive W in comparssion since he was casually more effective and got results

God would it be funny if Bm wakes up as O-lin turning into Tama's pet post wano.

Imagine thinking BM will be an antagonist post wano. After this arc it's all about Blackbeard and Shanks.
BM has always been an antagonist in the mold of Buggy imho: Supposedly evil guys for one arc, but not actually that evil and ending up helping the SHs in the end.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
We have to properly power scale king now. I mean king did by himself what it took law and kidd chapters to do and king was more impressive because: it happened instantly, bigmoms crew also got dealt with, and as a result king was what made bigmom turn into olin. If kidd and law fans give them a W then king gets the most massive W in comparssion since he was casually more effective and got results
if king had some bombs and a kazenbo back then, bye bye BM

I love how you have to pretend anyone is calling this ''peak fiction''
They do on Reddit.

to try and discredit them.
From what?
:kayneshrug:
All i am saying is it doesn't matter how she's defeated people like you will complain no matter what.
That's not true, there are outcomes that would be preferable. Hell, I can even list them for you if you want.
Of course next week you will be back here to tell us how bad the next chapter is as well of course.
That's right!!! Because I love to remind people what they are reading before they attack anyone for fair criticism. There were times when people were jumping on me for pointing out the obvious, for even the mildest criticism (some do even today like in Twitter and Reddit) and that left a bad taste in my mouth, I love to remind people how wrong they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.