Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the giant sword has a similar halt to that of Shusui could it that they were made by the same wordsmith? i am assuming it was Joyboy's sword and it was gigantified by Joyboy's power.

Last edited:
This Monday I will be releasing a mega theory where I will explain the following points:
  • Why Kaido is obsessed with Wano
  • Why Zunisha called Luffy's heartbeats the drum of liberation
  • What Luffy's fruit actually is
  • And will Joyboy actually take over Luffy or is this power something else
  • Why Zunisha called for Joyboy's appearance only now
I will wait for the official release for further comparisons and clarifications but I really think I might be onto something here and it could be proved right as soons as the next chapter.

It could that true.

I feel it will be like Ichigo vs Ulquiorra , Ichigo supposedly "died" and his Vasto Lorde mode was activated.

Luffy supposedly dies and his awakening (idk Joyboy?) Is activated.
Yep this is exactly what's going to happen. Luffy died much like Ichigo died against Ulquiorra. Joy Boy awakening will give him an unconscious mode much like Hollow Ichigo where he defeats Kaido then is possibly fully recovered post fight. Luffy will still be the victor, but he may be angry about the fact that he won unconsciously like Ichigo did. I can accept this going forward. Kaido going down now is a lot more digestible over Luffy just beating him in G4 which would have left a very bad taste in my mouth.

5 star chapter.
Damn, kaido looks like an ogre more and more.
Maybe luffy will not be the only one with transformation, plus that giant sword is too detailed.
Nice inspiring talk from yamato.
Nice talk from momo too.
Luffy's smile, even though is calm it is also scary in some way, kaido will take a nice beating in a few....
Cp0 boss loss is definitely among my top loses in fiction.
The guy took it like a boss among the bosses lol.
I know i was jerk and i know what is coming, so by all means.......

I dont think luffy is dead, despite luffy voice is dissapear...

If we going back to sky island arc, many voice has gone too one by one, for the people who participate in god island. And 4 people who survived in front of enel, and he can hear nami voice too, so its 5...
For luffy, enel cant hear his voice becouse luffy inside the snake's belly...

Did the rest of people in the god island is dead when the voice is gone? NOPE

So, i think, when the voice is gone for a person, that person is completly out of consciousness..

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Game changer of a chapter.

To start, Oda plays with expectations with the victory title card. Battle after battle, the title cards depicted a victory for the Alliance over the Beast Pirates and their affiliates. Staying true to the rumors not to bet against him, Kaido takes it over Luffy. But in a fashion that leaves some doubt. Which can be seen in Kaido's horror over defeating Luffy, not leaving much room for his anticipated victory cry. The CP0 agent at least goes out on a high note, content at the supposed success of his mission of eliminating Luffy. This cold and efficient demeanor is what makes them the special forces for the government, as they are willing to compromise themselves in any fashion to see the mission carried out. I do not like them, but I appreciate their place in the story.

Kaido goes on a rampage while claiming Luffy's defeat and death. I can't help but feel he is acting out of frustration over his win, specifically the manner in which he achieved it, and is airing it out on the entire Alliance. It's very different from how he seemed back when he defeated Luffy in 1013. While he was preparing to do battle with the entire Alliance then as well, he was more composed. More sure of his status as the strongest, even if he was disappointed at the lack of challenge.

By contrast, he heads below and attacks everyone in dragon form with little warning this chapter. Is Kaido hiding his shame through cruelty? He opts to diminish the Samurai and their ways, trying to devalue their sense of honor as foolishness, and by turning them into his slaves. Dehumanizing their culture and society as just a weapons factory. The image of a dragon is what they fear and respect most, so he is trying very hard to impose himself onto them.

As for his rampage, there's a real sense of dread over the "death" of Luffy. Alliance members in utter disbelief, some losing faith, and the rest acting on complete emotion, such as Nami, who refuses to believe Luffy is gone. We again see Momo's inexperience on display, as he prepares to surrender to try and spare as many lives as possible, but Yamato, the constant foil of Momo, does not allow him to lose spirit. They give a strong speech on what it means to be a Samurai of Wano, no less their new leader in Momo's case. If they had the choice between servitude to the enemy or death, they will choose death. I've seen suggestions that Wano is a deconstruction of the old Warrior Way, that it is nonsense and leads to easily manipulated men sent to the slaughter, but this chapter imparts how crucial that sense of pride is when fighting for something truly important like one's freedom.

Luffy is dead, or temporarily so. He dies without a smile, uncharacteristic of a D. However, many of the previous occurrences of a D smiling upon their death is usually after they've achieved something, or were content with their fate by that point. Roger, was able to make a final speech which ushered a new age of piracy and allowing the next generation to finish what he started. Saul managed to save Robin and assured she'd find true friends along the way. Ace died protecting his younger brother and knowing he met people who loved him. Luffy, however, died without fulfilling his goal of defeating Kaido. He let Kaido win and go down and terrorize his friends and allies. This now triggers the return of Joyboy. The man the world was waiting for.

We've heard of the coming arrival of Joyboy. The prophecy foretold his return within 20 years before the current arc. We did not know in what capacity, but now it's clear it's related to Luffy's rebirth. I said this was a game changer, as suddenly, all of Luffy's actions up until now weren't merely happy accidents. Fate itself was leading up to this return. Why it had to be now of all times, still isn't clear, but whatever mission Luffy was bestowed may now be known to him, or us, as we still don't know what he plans to achieve after he becomes Pirate King.

While a game changer, this wasn't all too unexpected. We've known for a long time Roger was waiting for someone. The return of Joyboy was prophesized and Wano must be prepared to accept them, and Luffy's journey was even described as a "destiny."

Luffy and the Straw Hats arrived and liberated many countries over the course of their adventure, and all of them became allies of theirs subsequently. Wano being a closed nation made it the perfect place for this pattern of liberation to finally be made explicit.

Great read all around. There was drama, tension, and revelations all in one. The last page answers a lot of our questions, but leaves us with some unsanswered and even some new ones. Like, will Luffy be entirely how we remembered him, or is he going to be a different person. How will the rest of the Alliance respond, and what will it mean for Kaido, who did not think Joyboy was Luffy?

Status
Not open for further replies.