Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The premise of Luffy's appeal was a simple guy with a simple power who was headstrong enough to succeed. He'd face warmongers or godlike logia and prevail because of his determination.

Now he's from a special family, as a reincarnation of the most successful men of all time, with an insanely great power that he just happened upon. He powers up, loses, powers up again, loses, and when he loses again they just say fuck it and give him another power up like the SNK Continue Service

As I mentioned earlier, Naruto and every other shonen before the current generation has beaten that shit into the ground. No reason this stands out except it took 25 years and a 45 chapters worth of a fight.

I still believe Zoro can kill Kaido, and frankly that's irrelevant to this plot. Except Zoro looks like a G despite being a step behind, because no one just gives him shit like this.
Maybe this is my bias for Naruto (the character) because he was actually my favorite character in the series, but I just didn't have as much of a problem with the whole destiny shit when it happened to him compared to when it's happening to Luffy...maybe it's because we knew there was a prophecy surrounding Naruto since the beginning/middle of Shippuden

But then again, I feel like we all kinda expected this Luffy/Joyboy stuff but for some reason it felt disappointing when it actually happened

So did his brothers but Sanji surpassed them before they even kicked in for him :choppawhat:
Before you try to tell me they aren't losers, do they even have bounties? They were like shoulder to shoulder with Morgans and they've been famous in the North Blue for a while, don't tell me they can't.
Yes Sanji is modified but even before being modified he was comparable to the chosen ones and reincarnations

That cannot be refuted or denied
Luffy is only just now awakening, and Zoro isn't even a reincarnation. This boy is Yamcha, Tenshinhan at best.
Maybe this is my bias for Naruto (the character) because he was actually my favorite character in the series, but I just didn't have as much of a problem with the whole destiny shit when it happened to him compared to when it's happening to Luffy...maybe it's because we knew there was a prophecy surrounding Naruto since the beginning/middle of Shippuden

But then again, I feel like we all kinda expected this Luffy/Joyboy stuff but for some reason it felt disappointing when it actually happened
Yeah it's just like... I didn't expect it in the sense that it's so basic. Gear has been a Kaido Ken homage so you kinda expect the super Saiyan Majin Yusuke kinda shit, he already has the bloodline like a JoJo and the "just like the other guy" shit Kenshiro had, but still

There’s a difference between following a path and clues that someone left behind for you (“destiny”) and then literally being guided by fate (destiny).

I always thought Luffy’s story was the former. It being literal destiny is weird at best and out right terrible at worst.

Was people on Bleach forum this desperate when it's revealed that Ichigo is a godlike being that is a transcendent of all 3 most powerful races in Bleach :luffyswat:
Luffy was portrayed as his own man with his own effort and creativity, so personally i dislike taken-for-granted stuff like dis. If only Luffy achieved Joy Boy Spirit etc due to his own particular achievement, itll be so much better. Dunno how Oda gonna handle it.

Before you try to tell me they aren't losers, do they even have bounties? They were like shoulder to shoulder with Morgans and they've been famous in the North Blue for a while, don't tell me they can't.
They are losers, no one’s arguing that but the reason they don’t have bounties is because they’re a kingdom who were in the world government’s graces

They gave Sanji a bounty raise and by that logic they could’ve very well used their influence to not gain one. Actually Germa aren’t even pirates so what would be the point of them gaining bounties sir?
Luffy is only just now awakening, and Zoro isn't even a reincarnation. This boy is Yamcha, Tenshinhan at best.
Yamcha and Tien are comparable to Goku and Vegeta by that logic

Just tells me you don’t read One Piece nor Dragonball lol

I think its possible roger ate this fruit before his death . It makes sense Shanks stole it under very guarded wg ship under cp9.

WG changing its name totally makes sense because roger probably had it temporary time.

We saw df takes traits of previous owner. Shanks, rayleigh and crocus saw roger in luffy.

It fits well when roger said to rayleigh he is not dying . Perhaps hinting his traits and will passes to next generation.
Post automatically merged:

I am more likely certain Shanks has Grand plans of his own.

He is using gorosei , wg for his own mean . Its possible he has huge plan laid out when he gave info about true nature of Gomu fruit.

This will definitely put reader in doubt if Shanks true allegiance is with WG or not.

Last edited:
Adult gon washes mereum , mereum tried to kill pitou with his tail and did almost no damage, adult gon literally killed him in 2 attacks and splattered his head afterwards
Bruh you can't compare it like that lol unless mereum used 100% of his strength which isn't the case ; pitou says adult gon is a threat to him but mereum has better dura , intelligence and growth case in point he went from being unable to react to neteros speed to being able to

Adult gon is maxed out

When you realize that Mugiwara no Luffy just was 19yo and became a pirate for 2 yrs. He fucked a Yonko 59yo and touched a hand to One Piece @@.
Me when 19yo: Mom, has Dinner launched?.

There’s a difference between following a path and clues that someone left behind for you (“destiny”) and then literally being guided by fate (destiny).

I always thought Luffy’s story was the former. It being literal destiny is weird at best and out right terrible at worst.
Yes lol, fate whispered in Luffy ear to invade enies lobby, impel down, Marineford etc. Luffy just wanted to become bandit at his home but fate or fortune teller told him to go out for an adventure. So according to you guys, one can become great just be sitting inside house and doing nothing because they are 'destiny' child.

Status
Not open for further replies.