Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
do you realize that all those who heard luffy's voice or his haki, their faces look disjointed?

kidd, what the?
marco...muguiwara?
Sanji, Luffy?
etc, they know it's luffy, but there is something strange in his voice or his presence, that's what zunisha refers to, joy boy is really here, sharing a place with luffy or something similar

because if they had felt the real presence of luffy, why the questions? because the doubt or hint of concern in their assertions
If I saw someone I think died I'd probably have the same reaction

One thing is clear: This will only drive OP sales into an abyss. Even if some people enjoy this, there are very few new readers, and Oda is isolating them with childish shit.

There is a balance for everything. Oda is fucking over that balance. Manga gets less and less serious as it goes on, with fewer and fewer consequences.
meanwhile in the real world japan just voted op the best manga of all time

Again, it's still a fundamental change because regular rubber doesn't reflect fire. His other actions indicate he's doing more than change things into rubber by making eyes completely pop out of heads and have stars show up to indicate a concussion.
Post automatically merged:

Can you remember a single moment when Luffy reflected fire? Like when Big Mom used her fire ball attacks on Kidd, Law & Luffy...did it bounce off Luffy while only affecting the others? Or when Luffy waded through Boro Breath with "guts!" or got pushed all the way through Onigashima instead of reflecting it?
Yeah rubber dont reflect fire, like ever. Its the manifestation of Luffy's freedom concept in fighting.

Kaido is certainly freeza about to reach 100% and trouble Luffy

I would actually like his character if he killed them for this bullshit
Honestly, Akainu pulling a coup d'etat would be such a welcome twist that would make the final war so much more interesting. Unfortunately, the current arc makes me think that would be too much for Oda to handle because he likes keeping things simple. I wouldn't even want him to try if it ends up as messy as Wano.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
While Oda absouletly could've done a much better job that he did establishing Nika and his legend, it's something that wasn't hinted at at all.

The first mention of the Sun God goes as far back as Skypiea arc. The same arc with one of Oda's most favourite panel (Dancing Wolves one). The Sun God was mentioned again in Big Mom's flashback in Elbaf. Two seemingly unconnected civilizations believing in the same God.

The Sun symbol appears many times in the story with the Sun Pirates who seems to know about Nika as evident in Who's Who and Jinbei's dialogue.

Interestingly, Alabasta's flag is... a sun.

The Symbol of the Kozuki also has a Sun inside the Crane.

And if Joyboy = Nika (and Nika isn't actually older than Joyboy) then that also adds tons of mention to the legend.

Interesting thing, Enel the False God (same arc when Sun God was first mentioned) was fascinated and wanted to reach the Moon

Again, I retaliate. Oda could've done a much better job adding obvious hints, but it's also false to say it didn't exist before.
Huh, this is the first time I'm seeing anyone post mentions of a Sun God prior to Who's Who's fight.

Exactly. I really don't get why Oda decided all of a sudden now that rubber shouldn't do the things Luffy is doing when that applies to a myriad of different characters' abilities. How the hell does Kinemon create fire out of thin air? Swords shouldn't do that. How does kicking the air make people fly? Or a Triceratops spinning its frills? Goofy abilities are par for the course for One Piece, so saying "this shouldn't do that" is just really funny when you think about it. It's just an attempt to justify a sudden retcon.

"This shouldn't do that"

Meanwhile:kobeha:
kingufy

While Oda absouletly could've done a much better job that he did establishing Nika and his legend, it's something that wasn't hinted at at all.

The first mention of the Sun God goes as far back as Skypiea arc. The same arc with one of Oda's most favourite panel (Dancing Wolves one). The Sun God was mentioned again in Big Mom's flashback in Elbaf. Two seemingly unconnected civilizations believing in the same God.

The Sun symbol appears many times in the story with the Sun Pirates who seems to know about Nika as evident in Who's Who and Jinbei's dialogue.

Interestingly, Alabasta's flag is... a sun.

The Symbol of the Kozuki also has a Sun inside the Crane.

And if Joyboy = Nika (and Nika isn't actually older than Joyboy) then that also adds tons of mention to the legend.

Interesting thing, Enel the False God (same arc when Sun God was first mentioned) was fascinated and wanted to reach the Moon

Again, I retaliate. Oda could've done a much better job adding obvious hints, but it's also false to say it didn't exist before.
Thing is we know Oda is literally the master of foreshadowing. If he didn't foreshadow Nika before it was clearly intended by him.

The only Nika mention we got was from a former spy of the Government who heard the story from someone else and he also is a masked man. Is as if Oda wanted to show that Nika isn't something so open to the world, we are probably getting other names for it as well, Joy Boy, Wisdom King (aka LORD OF FIRE on kanji) and so on.

I firmly believe Oda will expand on that and explain most of our concerns in terms of logic within the story for this reveal.

doesnt that mean all the stuff you said about it being too childish is... bullshit? wouldnt only children be reading it if it were too childish? oh wait none of the stuff you ever say makes sense, youre a bad troll lol
I get that you're missing half a brain, but don't project that unto others. The issue is that Oda's audience is older and he's still writing for little kids.