Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The “limitations” of rubber is a very artificial problem that Oda has inserted that no one has bothered with up until now. It’s a solution to something that was never a real problem.
very true
best guess is the way and manner he fights might evolve

the line thrown in there in accordance to one's imagination will be very relevant .

What the heck does ''slave to destiny' even mean?:kaidowhat:
The "destiny/chosen one" complaint is a low effort/low qualify troll from people who have hated the series for a long time and were using it as an excuse to bash the series for no other reason than to bash it. There's a reason they were doing it last week, even before we found out what was really going on with Luffy. Turns out, hes not a reincarnation and hes not possessed by a god or anything, so they were wrong on that like they've been about everything else.

There's a reason Oda has the guy who opens the premise of the story (Roger and the great pirate era) have a monologue that mentions both destiny and free will and human fascination with each. They're not exclusive concepts. Destiny is an outcome based on choice. This isn't Naruto where everone buys into a prophecy, including the MC, and they move according to said prophecy. Luffy isn't Naruto, who fashions himself a hero. He doesn't want that, as he told Jinbe. He doesn't care about that, like Robin told Law.

For instance, Luffy didn't give rats ass about the people of Dressrosa. He saved them from Doflamingo becuase a girl gave him a bento. He ignored that she tried to kill him jusr after doing so. He didn't give a fuck about Wano, he went to save it because a little boy asked him for help, and he held a grudge against Kaido simply because a little girl gave him rice that she had been saving up an entire year for, and then poisoned herself because she drank polluted water to stave off hunger. It was the same for Fishman Island and Alabasta, etc.

Luffy doesn't care about destiny or prophecies, that's why the Naruto and Bleach comparisons were always bullshit. He's arrived at these outcomes for no other reason than becuase he's chosen to be exactly who he is. He could have chosen a thousand different things, regardless of the fruit he has, and he wouldn't have ended up here after any one of them other than this route.

People were always just determined to hate the series just to hate it, and this is a low hanging fruit that allows them to pretend themselves intellectuals while portraying any disagreement as a symptom of mindlessness. It's just as dumb as it was after last chapter and after x chapter 200 hundred chapters ago. Better off leaving it be.

B

Ballel

destiny and free will and human fascination with each. They're not exclusive concepts.
Exactly this.
No one can be a 'slave' to destiny. 'Destiny' is not an individual sentient being and therefore cannot enslave anyone.
He didn't give a fuck about Wano
I disagree with this. He said he wants to rid Wano off Kaido so that the Wanonians can eat their fill every day. But true, he is not a hero and I like that about Luffy.
People who claim to be heroes or who make choices only because they will make them look like heroes are usually just narcissistic frauds.

I feel like Oda is a little bit trying too hard with the freedom power connecting to luffys will about being the man with most freedom and everything about this theme. I would have loved another creative G5 but I guess another gear in this arc invented by luffy had to be too much of an asspull so the choice was awakening.
But like G4 at first time the more I see the, the more I get used to it and love it

*Luffy allegedly dies*

Choppy cries

Sanji enters' and swings Queen like a Bayblade

Sanji : don't fret or you'll regret

-Next-

*Luffy allegedly dies*

Choppy cries sanji sleeping on a cozy futon

Luffy:

Sanji : wakes up to the desi beat

Luffy grabs kaido swings him like a Bayblade

Luffy : don't fret or you'll regret

Vamosss

guys understamd it already, there is no "Toki's prophecy".

Toki got this stuff from Oden who got it from Laugh Tale.

Joyboy must have had extraordinary future sight.
Nope
Oden said that what Toki came to look for from 800 Years Ago will happen after 20 Years (Current Events) but she chose to stay with him.
So what Toki learned & wanted to witness is something she knew from 800 Years Ago, not from Oden

B

Ballel

Nope
Oden said that what Toki came to look for from 800 Years Ago will happen after 20 Years (Current Events) but she chose to stay with him.
So what Toki learned & wanted to witness is something she knew from 800 Years Ago, not from Oden
:choppawhat:
We don't really know WHAT she was waiting for but there is no way she could have seen the future, right?! She has no future sight.

why nika?
rubber would be limited
as kaido put it , the attack weeks back in snakeman isn't in the nature of rubber .

its opens the door for luffy to according to his imagination without questioning whether rubber should be able to do this or that.
After seeing all of the ridiculous DF applications, like Kalipha with her soap powers, it's not like Oda has ever really cared

Another problem with this chapter is we’ve seen Kaido get knocked around so much that Luffy’s actions this chapter don’t have much of an impact.

G2 first use- shit stomps Blueno. Up until then, CP9 had been amazingly strong. It’s a huge “the tables have turned“ moment.

G3 first use- gigantic ass punch that nearly knocks Lucci clean out. Not quite as impactful as G2‘s first use, but still has an oomph factor.

G4 (Bounceman)- Luffy goes from struggling horribly against Doffy to knocking him around Dressrosa like a football. It‘s a huge moment

G4 (Tankman)- I think the weakest one impactwise but it still does let him take down Cracker immediately.

G4 (Snakeman)- another strong first impression, gives him the upper hand on Katakuri, Katakuri doesn’t have a clue what’s happening.

Here, we see Luffy toss Kaido about with ease…

… but we‘ve already seen that. The first use of G4 was battering Kaido around and everyone was watching in amazement.

I’d actually say that the G4 moment looks more impressive than G5, becayse that’s the first time we ever actually saw someone really take the fight to and dominate Kaido, plus it had Big Mom and the Worst Gen all watching in amazement.
Imagine adding ACoC to that Kong Gatling. But Oda decided to use 1 move in Boundman the entire time and then take a dive. Fucking waste.

I wouldn't try to powerscale Luffy Toones too much. It's just a form that gives Oda "freedom" to come up with anything he wants. There are no rules anymore.

why nika?
rubber would be limited
as kaido put it , the attack weeks back in snakeman isn't in the nature of rubber .

its opens the door for luffy to according to his imagination without questioning whether rubber should be able to do this or that.
what if he's making his rubber bounce on air like sky walk in sanji's case using his feet..
Post automatically merged:

In the same chapter Hyori said that Oden smiled too even after the problems he had.

And who is another guy who is kind and smiles a lot?

Yes. S a n j i !

Goats for a reason

Binks Sake says after Rising Sun, The Moon will come
And according to Toki's Prophecy, Moon will cast Nine Shadows who will save Wano

Sun God Nika is also described as God who makes others Happy or Laugh
And this is similar to Kaidou who made Laughing People through Smile Fruits (Kaidou is portrayed as Fake Joy Boy)

This is why i believe that Kaidou is gonna be taken down by Joyful Army
I think Luffy won't be the one to finish off Kaidou, but there will actually be a Scene where Alliance are all standing up together facing Kaidou

In Thriller Bark, after Luffy used Nightmare Mode & reverted back to Normal, we saw all SHs combined their Efforts to hold Oars in place & then Luffy finished him off. In Kaidou's Case, i believe Luffy will be the one to restrict Kaidou & make him unable to counter the Attacks of the Alliance as they all engage him while joyful & laughing then comes a Team Combo from all SHs which ends with Zoro dealing the Final Blow himself alone

I believe what Denjiro is about to do gonna make all Beasts Pirates lose & Samurai Victorious (Only Kaidou remains)
All SHs, Kid, Law & Killer, Marco, remaining Scabbards, Hyogoro, Carrot ... etc are all doing nothing now so i believe Oda is preparing a Scene where they all stand together in massive Double Spread, to show Sun God's Biggest Ability which is the Allies he gains
Yes, just like thriller bark

I'm probably in the minority but I seriously dislike this.

First the part about Luffys Devil Fruit suddenly being something else than what we were told for 20 years, secondly the fact that its actually this hugely overpowered, legendary one instead of just a random rubber fruit with a very creative user. This feels super naruto "your the chosen one" like, which I really dont enjoy as a trope

And then his whole new look and personality just feels way too cartoony and funny, even in the OP world. I dont know, maybe Oda manages to catch me in the following chapters, but this one was a huge letdown after two long weeks of hype

:sanjimeh: