Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You guys gonna regret it when you get to know why Gorosei didn't do anything about Nika df all these 800 years.

The pattern here is, we must expose Oda for his shitty writing. Whatever it takes. :kriwhat:

AL sama

Red Haired
They chased it for 800 years, maybe their ancestors, and never got it. Just logical they aren’t sure if it really exists. You have the world under your control, more or less, for 800+ years and it doesn’t appear. Non existing is a logical assumption.
eh maybe but I wouldn't chase after something if I don't believe it exists

not to mention shanks legit stole the fruit from cp9 yet few chapters ago gorosei made it look like they think this fruit might be some sort of myth

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
eh maybe but I wouldn't chase after something if I don't believe it exists

not to mention shanks legit stole the fruit from cp9 yet few chapters ago gorosei made it look like they think this fruit might be some sort of myth
Maybe it was an order from Imu, so they had too. And then they eventually thought the gomu gomu no Mi is exactly that, not something Imu is scared of since hundreds of years.

For the people saying that the wg is incompetent... Are you sure?

First of all only the gorousei, Im and maybe someone else like the fleet admiral or garp knows about Nika, the rest of the people can't know about him because they are usually killed, just look at the person who talked to who's who about Rumours about Nika and was killed even tho it was only rumours. Also who's who was from the cp9 and didn't know shit about Nika prior to this. The Cp0 knows rumours about this tho, it was stated a few chapter ago.

Okay now, let's say that the gorousei knew about Luffy with the gomu gomu when he left loguetown, it makes no sense because Luffy was just a little criminal there so I don't think news about Luffy would arrive this soon to the gorousei but it should be or loguetown or alabasta since he defeated crocodile there and the wg gave the order to say it was smoker who defeated croco.

Anyways I'm going to say it was in loguetown bcs it doesn't affect to what I'm going to say.

Luffy entered the grand line and had to choose between a lot of different routes. He choose one of them by following Viví and the Mr.notprince fodder. The first island they arrived was an island with only people from a criminal company. The second island was an isolated island with only 2 giants and members of that criminal company, baroque works. They got an eternal pose to Alabasta or they had to stay 1 year there, they left pretty soon and found an island(drum island) by pure coincidence. From there they went directly to Alabasta and they met smoker there but it was pure coincidence too. Until now it was totally impossible for the world government to follow Luffy's way.

From Alabasta they went to Jaya, just 1 day to find clues about skypea. Skypea is a sky island where if you want to got you have to lose a few members of your crew or all your crew, is it worth going to skypea which they didn't even know if it existed or not when you don't know if the straw hats are going to go there? I don't think so.

When straw hats left skypea they fell in a completely random place, they went to the Davy back fight and after that they went to an island which Aokiji was there. Aokiji was looking for them, or more like looking for Robin but I don't remember if Aokiji knew here if Robin was with them or not since it should be impossible to know that Robin was with them until that moment. I think he was looking just for Luffy or was it Robin, I don't remember. Anyways Aokiji, who was indebted with Garp(he said it) was looking for them.

From there they went to water seven. Cp9 was there because they were in a mission, they don't know shit about Nika, just as Who's who, but they knew that Robin was with the straw hats thanks to aokiji who gave them the buster call just in case.

They went to Enies lobby and the straw hats defeated the cp9 and a lot of wg members along the way, plus there was a buster call that spandam called and still they managed to escape.

From there they went back to water 7. Garp went after them tho he didn't capture them and tried to use the pretext of him being his grandson to not capture him. It didn't work and Garp had to come back and capture them but the straw hats escaped.

From there they went to the Florian triangle where there is a thick fog and you don't know where are you.

From the Florian triangle to sabaody. The marines were busy with the war against Shirohige but still Luffy beat a tenryuubito and Kizaru went to kill him. It failed because of Kuma and Rayleigh.

From here there was no fucking way of knowing where they are. Luffy then went to impel down. In Impel down Luffy was captured, problem solved. But he escaped later...

Then he went to marine Ford, an all out war where everyone tried to kill Luffy but they were stopped by Shirohige pirates or Luffy's allies. They completely failed to kill Luffy once again.

After that Luffy took an hiatus of 2 years in a place where it should be impossible to find him.

2 years later straw hats suddenly appeared again. They went to gyojin Island and they left. There were marines(g5) waiting for pirates to capture them but the straw hats had the luck(?) of taking a tornado that usually kills people but they were saved due to the island whales.

They came to the new world in a completely unexpected place. They found punk hazard which the log poses didn't even show the location. They met smoker there but the situation was the situation. They made Law an ally and went to dressrosa by Law's decision.

Finally a location where the wg know where are they going, and hey look the Cp0, the ones who know about the rumours where there when the straw hats arrived, tho I think it was said that they left for something but since fujitora was there there should be no problem capturing them. But after the defeat of doflamingo they came back. And when we met Lucchi there he said, "Where are you going next, straw hat?"

Then they left to Zou by Law's order with a vibre card because there is no other way to go there. And Zou is the place where Nami said, "Hey, we are not following the routes, is this okay?"

From there Luffy went to wci where stussy was and she was the first one to tell BM pirates that the tamatebako that Luffy gave them had the bomb to make sure they killed him but they completely failed.

After that to wanokuni but you know the rest of the story.

Now, how is this the world government's fault when no one knows when or where are the straw hats going to show up. And even if they show up they always manage to escape somehow.

It's all Luffy's plot atmour's fault that they keep going to unpredictable places
You answer it yourself. Aokiji knew the Strawhats would go by LRL island which is why he was waiting there. He also knew they would go to Water 7 next. Garp knew the same which is why he went to visit them there.
Even then, the WG knew they invaded Ennies Lobby with the Franky family. They could have razed the place to the ground to find out where they were going next if they needed to, or to lure Luffy in…but they did know that in crossing the Florian Triangle they were likely to run into Moria which is why Kuma could go there and say they were concerned that Moria would fall next.

After that, Sabaody is self-explanatory. Impel Down & Marineford as well. They knew that Luffy escaped with Jimbe & Law. Fishmen Island should have been razed to the ground if Jimbe didn’t give up Luffy’s location, and Law should similarly have been targeted until the location was given up. It doesn’t even matter if they don’t reveal anything because Luffy has shown he would go himself to their doorstep for his friends.

As for Dressrosa, Luffy spent several days recuperating, plenty of time to ask CP0 to kill him.

The WG had no obligation to give the full reasoning for their commands to anyone. They could use any lie that they wanted if they were truly serious about it (not like Luffy hadn’t already given them plenty of excuses).

It simply makes no sense for them to be that lackadaisical about it if the threat was so serious that even the name of the fruit had to be erased from history. They’ve done much less for just a bunch of scholars reading Poneglyphs….and Luffy even has the only one left in his crew.

It simply makes no sense for them to be that lackadaisical about it if the threat was so serious that even the name of the fruit had to be erased from history. They’ve done much less for just a bunch of scholars reading Poneglyphs….and Luffy even has the only one left in his crew.
Don't know why people are insistent on being so obtuse as to not recognize that the World Government is already engaged in a shadow war with an enemy who happens to be Luffy's daddy, someone who is smart enough to wonder why exactly it is that the World Government is mobilizing its forces to a much larger degree than normal to take out a rookie, even factoring in his lineage, should they have ever done so.

This on top of being already obtuse in pretending that they had simply sat back and never tried to confront Luffy to begin with, and he hadn't just gotten away every time.