Did Luffy Beat Kaido Fairly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah because Kaido was just defeated...
Relax all your answers will come in the next chapters. Kaido is either already awakened or never used it. He already admitted defeat to Joy Boy last chapter, it's over.
Again, I'll wait until Act 3 ends. I still believe Oda is following the Kabuki play structure to a T and that Kaido will awaken. 5 chapters until Act 3 reaches chapter 100.

It's still the same, it's just a stronger punch..... How is this any different.
Basically , Kaido wanted to enter haki clash as 1 vs 1 , this is not kinda like punch vs something. Kaido can dodge by turning hybrid mode or something. But he wanted to see which one of them's will go higher .
The saddest part is the most powerful mode presented as hybrid mode . However , Kaido got defeated as a dragon form . disappointment.

Bro you are literally Lorj coded, like DrumZ. Thinking that stretching this arc for 100 more chapters would somehow make it better.

You are getting blinded because you can't accept that Oda has messed up SEVERAL plotlines and characters in Wano, and it's easier to think that he has time to improve things than accepting the harsh reality that THIS. IS. IT.

And the worst thing is that when we're on Elbaf or whatever next island, cowards like you will either:

A.) Run away and/or not talking about Wano
B.) Still deflect every criticism and go "well actually Wano wasn't that bad and you guys are clearly blowing out some things out of proportion"

Your choice.

P.D: But surely that extended 3 chapter long Kaido flashback that fixes up all the glaring holes about his character is coming! I trust the plan!
The only reason you are coping is because you didn't get the things like you wanted. Just because your headcannon didn't come true calling it bad doesn't make it bad. Wano is 8/10 until now and enough chapters are left to fill all headcannon holes that you talk of. Instead of developing headcannon its better to enjoy and then talk wano once its over. Rereading the entire arc in one go will be better than waiting for weeks and forgetting what has happened before and calling it failed plots.

Tbf tho, what you said can kind of be used as a double-edged sword if we're talking about Mr. Morj

He is so confident that there is more to this arc than we think, and he also believes that there is a huge role for Zoro to play in the end

His stance on ZKK from what I've seen is not based too much on very underlying thematic perspectives but rather he holds the general viewpoint that ZKK would take away from Luffy's victory

And that is a fair stance, but I feel like it is no different from most of the others who disagree with the theory
Still watching morj? Same guy said raid will fail.

Yeah I know he did damage him, but its not tons and it was from the initial hit, he healed from it pretty fast afterweards so please dont tell me that one single hit did some insane damage when earlier you yourself believed Kaido to be close to 100% in your Luffy downplaing post.
Ashura did more damage than every other hit combined

That's my neutral non troll opinion

Kabuki's have different structures which varies from two acts to more than 10 but sure you can wait for that.
Kabuki plays are traditionally 5 acts. It doesn't make sense for Act 3 to be the rest of Wano given its length compared to Acts 1 and 2 anyway. At bare minimum, the 4th Act would be the quick and speedy resolution. Don't know why you think Oda is going to use an exception to the rule rather than what the rule actually is 99% of the time.

Kabuki plays are traditionally 5 acts. It doesn't make sense for Act 3 to be the rest of Wano given its length compared to Acts 1 and 2 anyway. At bare minimum, the 4th Act would be the quick and speedy resolution. Don't know why you think Oda is going to use an exception to the rule rather than what the rule actually is 99% of the time.
Dont know why you'd think there is going to be an act 4 when its not 100% a rule that Kabuki is 5 acts long every time. You create headcannons like these and then shit on Oda when he doesn't give a damn about what anyone says. :gokulaugh:

Still watching morj? Same guy said raid will fail.
I've never really believed in the raid failing but it's not like he had no basis for believing so

He always laid out his reasons and used actual analysis of the story to support his ideas. He's been right about a lot of stuff in the past, and he's far better at actual analysis than 95% of One Piece YTers who just post their usual reaction videos

At best you can say he's naive for believing in Oda

It's not exception lol
5 Acts Kabuki's are a modern Japan stuff and it is usually an adaptation of a much larger Kabuki... Wano is feudal Japan.
This rule of 5 Acts is only viewed by western readers, most of Japanese ones never viewed it as a rule but rather an option.

Dont know why you'd think there is going to be an act 4 when its not 100% a rule that Kabuki is 5 acts long every time. You create headcannons like these and then shit on Oda when he doesn't give a damn about what anyone says. :gokulaugh:
I'm using the default rule. Any assumption of how many acts Wano will be will always be headcannon whether you say 3 acts or 5 acts. The only difference is 5 Acts is the actual tradition/default option in traditional Kabuki plays. It's more or less the safest assumption to follow. I'm probably the only one who hasn't shitted on Oda in this thread or praised him. I'm just saying what I think is most likely to happen imo

The only reason you are coping is because you didn't get the things like you wanted. Just because your headcannon didn't come true calling it bad doesn't make it bad. Wano is 8/10 until now and enough chapters are left to fill all headcannon holes that you talk of. Instead of developing headcannon its better to enjoy and then talk wano once its over. Rereading the entire arc in one go will be better than waiting for weeks and forgetting what has happened before and calling it failed plots.
My "headcanons":

- Decent fights for ALL the strawhats

- Decent backstory for Kaido

- Decent moments about Kaido and Big Mom sharing their past and learning more substantial info about Rocks

- Decent showing of both Kaido and Big Mom

- Decent showing of the Wano characters like the Scabbards and ninjas on both sides of the conflict

- Decent showing of ALL the Supernovas present, which were (and are) still severely lacking when it comes to backstory, characterization and motivations

- SPECIALLY a decent showing of Kidd, both in backstory (which we don't know anything about yet) and feats

Look how I'm being extremely general in writing these because there's A MILLION WAYS all of these could have been presented, not the preconceived ones I may have/support. And you can't turn around all of this in 10 chapters.

So miss me with that bullshit reasoning that "oh your expectations were too high and unreasonable". FUCK OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.