Did Luffy Beat Kaido Fairly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda also said that Dressrosa was 70% of the story and that OP had 10 years left. Besides that, after Wano we're basically in the final saga at that point. The only things left are Elbaf, Lodestar, Laugh Tale, and the final war. I feel like it makes more sense if we get the Rocks flashback in Wano when Kaido awakens. It requires less set up chapters now than if we did it at a later point in the story while giving us a reason to stay invested in the Kaido fight when he does awaken. Not to mention explaining Kaido's and Yamato's origins.
We also have Enma turning black plot thread in chapter 955 which doesn't make sense if Zoro does it in a later arc when Enma is literally Oden's sword and the one that scarred Kaido.
No way you're comparing Oda not knowing when his entire series will end while he still has multiple arcs to draw with Oda in December 2021 stating he expected Wano to already be over
Oda's vision for the current arc will obviously be much clearer than his vision for the whole rest of the series.

Kaido is done.

I agree about Morj

And yeah that is fair regarding ZKK. At the very least I feel like any competent fan should be able to see that there are still missing pieces for Zoro in Wano regardless of how Oda chooses to handle them

I wouldn't shit on Oda for not going through with ZKK but I would absolutely shit on him if this was all the Zoro content we will receive for this arc
He's guaranteed to visit Ryuma's grave. Onimaru is 100% a lingering plot thread too who can provide more exposition on the Shimotsuki clan. He may not be Ushimaru's son (unless Oda lied in the SBS), but he definitely is a close relative.

Kaido fought the scabbards, rooftop supernova, yamato, luffy post conquerors coating, and luffy post awakening and becoming joyboy

Luffy has been pushed to his limits and beyond against kaido
Training his ass off, fighting kaido through multiple rounds, taking just about everything kaido through at him, and pushing his haki and fruit to his limits

Acting like either of them hasn't tried or done enough is just weird

Even if kaido got back up and luffy defeated him again bet people would still act like it wasnt enough

No way you're comparing Oda not knowing when his entire series will end while he still has multiple arcs to draw with Oda in December 2021 stating he expected Wano to already be over
Oda's vision for the current arc will obviously be much clearer than his vision for the whole rest of the series.

Kaido is done.
Main point being that what Oda says for timing is different than what actually happens. Oda always says something about OP ending soon and then extends it. The fact that he follows a Kabuki play structure tells you how clear the structure of the arc should be when it's always known to be 5 acts. The fact that he hasn't ended Act 3 when it could perfectly have ended at multiple points of Luffy's losses should tell you it's not over yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.