If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I think admirals beat commanders ( possibly ) due to better haki and lethal fruits, how ever I think King is a problem, it is stated he can survive in any environment, if this is true he survives in volcanoes, water, and possibly even more considering he's very likely not from the main planet one piece takes place on due to various hints that I don't feel like getting into due to it being a whole theory in and of it self with lots of explaining and evidende. Basically, maybe he can resist cold and heat manipulation. Just saying. Also even if admirals beat commanders, I don't see them beating any emperors at all due to a lot of evidence through out the years of them having far inferior powerr and durability. Just my opinions on the matter. Willing to provide arguments for everything I said, too.

Imo (pure hopium):

- Hachinosu for some quick Blackbeard lore, Bonney is there, so is Crocodile. Leads to.....

- Vira for Vegapunk/Kuma/Sabo/Bonney stuff next (it's a Revolutionary liberated country now and was teased as a potential future island before Laugh Tale). I assume Kuma needs to be saved by Vegapunk, if it's even possible. This might also lead to....

- Elbaf for Usopp plot and the 4th RP. Maybe Vegapunk stuff actually ties into that due to Gigantification. But I expect Urogue and potentially another Sky Island up the giant tree to be related. Big world lore stuff. The crew finds the 4th RP but realizes the need something at Lodestar to complete the puzzle with the RPs (they dont directly tell you island locations or something).

- Lodestar and 1st encounter with Shanks and Blackbeard (same time yes). Blackbeard steals Luffy's Poneglyph copies (but Robin already made a map to Laugh Tale), Shanks betrays Luffy on an ideological level. All motivations are revealed here. One Piece at its darkest and most dire.

- Laugh Tale is about halfway back through the New World. The World War has been escalating this entire time. Blackbeard fights Luffy and falls here. Shanks already has taken One Piece, long before either Blackbeard or Luffy arrived.

- Final War against the WG/Marines at New Marineford and Mariejois. Luffy gets revenge for Ace on Akainu. Big things happen with the Ancient weapons to destroy Mariejois and subsequently Fishman Island. Shanks uses One Piece for its intended lore reason against the WG, but for his own motivations. Shanks also takes the WG National Treasure, with in conjunction with One Piece, allows him to do "something" at God Valley. Luffy and crew follow him there after recovering

- Que final arc against Shanks (Mihawk is there for Zoro) at God Valley at the close of the war. Ending is cataclysmic shit and comes full circle with the story. Luffy wins, returns the hat in a very vindictive way, becomes PK and achieves his dreams, dies, everyone cries, bittersweet ending.

One Piece bias masterpiece . Only needs 500 more chapters to achieve it.

:pepecopium:

No problem with it from my point of view...
Exactly that fact that WB was not a goal of main crew is what makes it pointless to be above Kaido who was the goal of main crew...
Kaido isnt the final villain certainly but he was treated with an amazing gauntlet while Blackbeard and Im most likely wont get that.
It is certainly possible that someone surpasses Kaido for the same reason why WB surpassed Mihawk and Kaido surpassed WB - hype.
However, technically, Blackbeard doesnt need to surpass Kaido to give Luffy a harder fight due to him being a bad match-up for Luffy.

Im is certainly a good option if someone is supposed to surpass Kaido as a villain and could also get a gauntlet a la Enel style.
I think you are undermining Kaido with "got beat as soon as Luffy awakened" considering that he KOed G5 twice, after an all-nighter vs 15 people...

Whitebeard did disprove Mihawk being World's Strongest because that's what he was called in his intro, aside from WSS.
Cant dethroned WB when he never had the throne. It always belonged to Kaido, since basically God Valley or a couple of years after that... How can it be Roger>Whitbeard when WB is WSM? They were portrayed equal in a clash that didnt have a victor. WSM says that a victor would be WB. Akainu and Aokiji are equal for 9 days. On the 10th day, Akainu is a victor.

Roger's greatest achievements are sailing the seas and finding islands nobody found. That's where WB cant hold a candle. However, WB is superior in 1vs1 and in troops that can answer his call. From what we know, Roger had nothing close to WB's armada in Marineford.
Standing atop of the world due to Roger's blood... I cant really make any sense of that. Would WB's son stand atop of the world due to WB's blood? Does it work for Kaido's son too? I think you read too much into that. I doubt it is about the actual blood but rather the inherited will.
I mean we can agree to disagree then, since I have a different perspective regarding this. Sure, Kaido took a gauntlet, but that gauntlet was used for Luffy to power up to his current state, with current Luffy being arguably >= Kaido, since Kaido himself in his flashback said that Joyboy is the one who will take him down, and Kaido surely did not have in mind for Joyboy to take him down after a gauntlet. That was rather an absolute statement of Joyboy being the one to surpass him. And since Kaido was a silver medalist, while Roger was the Pirare King, the peak of what you can achieve, having put the world to heel with power according to Kaido, I think such a glorious position will be achieved and surpassed by the current era. Hence "worse generation".

I agree. It probably will be more serious than usual. Akainu is an extremely personal opponent. I just think there will be a few stupid moments because of Luffy, not Akainu.

This is why I doubt the Sabo claims to that fight. He wasn't there when Ace was killed. It would be super disingenuous to the payoff of seeing Luffy get back at him, which we know exists because Luffy has expressed disdain for Akainu several times.

Hell, the whole main drive to train for 2 years came from not saving his brother and being able to fight Logia's and other conqueror users properly.
With the whole "The more he laughs the more hes stronger".....Luffy's hatred for Akainu may inhibit him to grow much stronger with G5. Thus nerfing him and making it a lot harder fight.

Ngl my respect for shanks def decreased. He is only taking action now that kaido and BM are defeated and him coming to wano and then leaving instantly (if he does) makes him look like a fool
It seems to be more so implied that he is now taking action because the Gomu Gomu No Mi has finally awakened..... Definitely something suspicious going on here with Shanks... He knows something.....

He was always against ZKK tho :choppawhat:
I never followed his videos religiously, just his general chapter reviews occasionally just to see what he was stirring up lol. I honestly had no idea zkk was a thing until recently. I stopped reading for awhile so I completely missed this whole zkk thing, but as soon as I did and of course being one of Zoro’s fans how could I not support zkk after the narrative evidence came to my attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.