If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see Lidd vs GB, no trash prep.
How fast does Lidd gets negged? He can't even touch GB's body.
The only top tier he could fight is Fujitora or he has to learn how to coat his attacks in haki to stand a chance against a logia. :bamathink:

Seriously, I can't believe a page like this can release and people still think Shanks is Luffy's ally and not the very least an antagonist:

This is like the 6th or 7th time Oda has given Shanks a very dark/menacing presence that counters a lot of the other side you see of him, even in this chapter with his crew.

Think about how the author deliberately draws this dudes eyes and face. How he half shades one half of his face to really establish his intent about One Piece in a dark way. How Benn Beckman says absolutely nothing the entire time, relative to how the rest of the crew is acting.

These things are intentional. The intent by the author is there. You don't have this person act this way, talk to Gorosei, respected by Sengoku, end wars, clash with Yonko and Admirals, etc, and expect him to just be this cool guy that supports Luffy and hands the keys over.

You also shouldn't expect this person to be offscreened or defeated by another antagonist when he himself is being portrayed as one with his own hidden motives, whether or not hes using Luffy and/or the WG to do so.

But I guess this cycle will continue until the manga full on shows some of you readers instead of just strongly implying it.....

So why exactly will the Marines and the WG in general wait for the winner of the PK throne to be decided, given it would put them into even much greater disadvantage than they are already in? They are already shitting their pants, as the world is leaving their hands.

The WG/Marines joining in will happen parallel to the next pirate moves.
good points
I think the reason to speculate it doesnt happen concurrently is

depending on how loosely you want to interpret the history he's talking about
if that includes finding the one piece as a precursor or not.

If you think Shanks is some sort of super villain that Luffy will give his all to put down you're bound to be disappointed. Also you seem to have ignored the rest of my post.
Nope. I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before and I'm tired of people painting a very black and white picture of me with this character. I never said he was a super villain. Read my sig post before insinuating this is my point with this character.

The point is, he ain't Luffy's ally, and it's best time you learn this.

And I could care less about who was there or not. He stopped Kaido lol, it happened. He was credited for stopping him in the narrative, nobody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.