Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta put my thoughts down cause this chapter has actually done more for good speculation on the future than basically the last 2-3 years combined.

To get the obvious out of the way:

- While bounty is not a direct correlation to power, Zoro now has a clearly defined endgoal in mind in terms of bounty, assuming Beckman and Shiryu do not have higher bounties, which imo they do not. Whitebeard, with the highest canonical bounty in the series after Roger, only had a #2 with a 1.374 billion bounty. Now we know this fluctuates. Kaido had a smaller bounty than WB, but King was at 1.39 Billion. Shanks is the most impregnable crew, so i assime Beckman is closer to 2 than 1.5 Billion. However, Mihawk being at 3.59 is pretty insane for a supposed #2 opponent, UNLESS it's said #2's endgame

- This is why personally I think he goes down at the end with Shanks. There's all this history there and they should be at the same place of Oda wants to tie their plotlines together. We have to remember that both characters hold extremely deep values for Luffy and Zoro. While expect Beckman to be high somewhat higher than even King, Zoro's endgame opponent doesn't strike me as a follower, which is why I doubt his final opponent would be am Admiral, Shiryu, Ben, or a Gorosei. It's always been Mihawk

- Supporting this is just Cross Guild in general. 2 of the 3 characters are former villains for Luffy. Their relevance as enemies has gone caput. There's no reason for them to even be against Luffy. Their goals are against Marines at this point, and Buggy seemingly owes something huge to someone above him. Then there's just Mihawk, who imo is just coasting here to play a role in the endgame anyway (e.g. the above)

- Regarding the next plotline, it's interesting the chapter ends with Sabo. I find it fascinating that it only took him a day or two to reach the Reverie with Karasu, but it's been nearly a month since he fought the Admirals and Rescued Kuma. Why was he MIA all this time? Did Kuma teleport him somewhere? Maybe 1059 will show us a glimpse of Vegapunks Lab?

- On that note, really the only major plotline left outside of some major war involving Yonko and Marines/WG seems to be centered around Vegapunk or Elbaf. You have 2 unaddressed Supernova (Bonnie and Urogue), one of which is heavily tied to this Sabo/Kuma plot. Smoker/Tashigi are STILL missing lol, and last they were seen was heading with Fuji to Vegapunks lab, and only Fuji was seen after...makes you think they may be tied to that plotline. Then you just have the SSG.

One things for sure, 1059 is going to be huge, it should explain the truth behind Sabo's actions and also reveal to us what happened at the Reverie with Alabasta, and why BB reacted to the event. It's all connected. That and maybe 1060 will really show us where we are heading to next and how this story is going to start building up its climax.

I think One Piece might actually return to form again, everything coming is meant to be from things Oda has saved for decades. Let's hope it works out.

My EOS bounty prediction
Luffy-5,600,000,000
Zoro-4,050,000,000
Sanji-3,300,000,000
Jinbei-2,200,000,000
Robin-2,000,000,000
Ussop-1,500,000,000
Franky-1,499,000,000
Brook-1,200,000,000
Nami-1,100,000,000
Chopper-1,000,000,000
Brook should be as high as franky and Nami should be lower than chooper. 1.2bill for chopper and 1bill flat for nami

Imagine it being 2022 and still fucking using Marineford of all arcs (where preskip Luffy tanked named attack from zoan Sengoku) for scaling...

Mihawk did get the short straw, yet neither Mihawk nor Oda gave much fucks about scaling that entire arc. Power level was all over the place.
I'm not using Marineford feats for scaling but its portrayal, and in this case Oda drew a pretty clear hierarchy when pairing the Government and the Whitebeard Pirates; not only that, but his treatment of Sakazuki as the top dog and Kizaru as his second in command has continued. I'm not even doing it without questioning it myself, but if Oda does see their scaling as he portrayed it in Marineford there's zero reason for him to change it just because his characters's feats are now more flamboyant.

There’s very dry Sanji slander this chapter
I see it, but it’s not much more than the usual
You gotta celebrate bro
Even Zoro took a lowkey L lol
But strawhats are doing decent
TRUE you’re completely right

I almost always forget that my boy is a CHEF before he is a combatant and his bounty is higher than ACTUAL COMMANDERS and SN CAPTAINS+WARLORDS

Sanji is one of a kind

Bounties didn’t mean anything when kidd and law had the same as luffy and higher then BB now it does when hawk gets his inflated one
Law Kidd and Luffy its clear that the govt just gave them all equal credit for the accomplishment. They don't know who did what. That's why the bounties are exactly the same. This isn't happening with cross guild. That's why the bounties are different.

Sooo, whats the new cope of Wihawk/Zoro haters?

Mihawk bribed Brannew to give him high bounty ?

It was supposed to be 359M and by mistake they did it 3.59B ?

Mihawk won against the likes of Momonga and Onigumo and the WG decided that we cant catch this guy if we send an Admiral lets make him ally?

Shanks wasnt winning on purpose during their fights because he is goofy guy and didnt want to beat Mihawk ?

Cope is hope, you can continue with your brainless beliefs or just accept your stupidity and move on.

I'm not using Marineford feats for scaling but its portrayal, and in this case Oda drew a pretty clear hierarchy when pairing the Government and the Whitebeard Pirates; not only that, but his treatment of Sakazuki as the top dog and Kizaru as his second in command has continued. I'm not even doing it without questioning it myself, but if Oda does see their scaling as he portrayed it in Marineford there's zero reason for him to change it just because his characters's feats are now more flamboyant.
I don't think there was much of hierarchy. Mihawk was kind of... everywhere.

He was clashing with Jozu when Marco was clashing with Kizaru.

He was later skirmishing with Vista.

Had clash with Crocodile.

And whatnot. He never had a true 1v1 conclusive battle like Admirals or most Commanders. He just went around having skirmishes here and there, I don't think that was much of establishing hierarchy? Just Mihawk doing Mihawk shit- he didn't get good feats though, true, but he was clearly not giving much fucks.

MF scaling is shit to begin with. Worst in OP history.

Status
Not open for further replies.