Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask you when a swordman in one piece fights does he turn off his haki ?

What skill has the next WSS has learned since joining the SHs?
Can you bring any skill training panel after joining?
From what I remember the upcoming new WSS is training his body , learning and improving his haki( mihawk only teach him haki)and improving his weaponry.

With your logic of "skill" only Zoro has been wasting his time.

You think the final fight with be without haki or something?

Get a brain dude.
Lol Mihawk > entire One Piece when it comes his skill, obviously Mihawk uses haki but it's not to the same level of Shanks

Feats nor portrayal support Mihawk having the same level Haki usage Shanks has, no even Kaido or Meme.

Whenever Shanks appears he gets hyped not for his lineage, not for his swordsmanship but for his Haki

Lol Mihawk > entire One Piece when it comes his skill, obviously Mihawk uses haki but it's not to the same level of Shanks

Feats nor portrayal support Mihawk having the same level Haki usage Shanks has, no even Kaido or Meme.

Whenever Shanks appears he gets hyped not for his lineage, not for his swordsmanship but for his Haki
Yes, it's not because of his Haki, that's why he has a black blade and Shanks doesn't.

There is. He never makes power-level answers direct. This is the most direct Oda has ever been when comparing two characters. He even refuse to make Kaido look directly superior to Big Mom despite his title.
He doesn't make them 100 percent direct, but if you read the dialogue of Branew, he set Shanks as the Gold standard.

The misconception is that "Buggy Rivals Shanks"

Then he turns around and says "Mihawks Swordsmanship surpasses Shanks swordsmanship."

One is thought to rival Shanks, the other surpasses his swordsmanship. Not one Rivals Shanks, and the other surpasses him.

Oda explicitly added the Swordsmanship bit in there, right after a direct strength comparison.

Page 9
Mihawk: right now the Marines have surrounded the island
it’s a lot of work but I’ll have to relocate my base now
Crocodile: Then why don’t you work with me? You know, it’s not a bad deal for you. If you and I come together we’ll have an organization that the Marines can’t ignore!!
You’re a man that was once known as the “Marine Hunter”!! We are very similar when it comes to being careful with whom we trust!!)

Buggy: eek!!

Flashback
(Buggy’s crew: Captain Buggy!!
Buggy: what’s wrong?! Keep fighting!! Don’t tell me you’re scared of Marine forces!!
I’m busy preparing for my escape right now…!!
Buggy’s crew: the warships that surrounded this island..are under attack!!

If you want to, you can read this as Mihawk purposefully choosing to get Buggy out of trouble with Croc. After he remembers how Croc helped him out, he thinks for a second then glares at Buggy. Later he talks Croc out of killing him.
You can also read it as Mihawk just realizing that Buggy is in a tight spot and they can fuck with him tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.