Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm really curious as the what happened to Mihawk to cause him to shift from wanting to fight all the strongest people, and being known as the Marine hunter, to just wanting to live peacefully.

It wouldn't make sense that it's because he reached the top, because those who typically do, always desire more. So something definitely happened to tame what seems to be a fiery nature in his youth.

I think it would be interesting if he killed someone during a duel, that he soon came to regret. It could add some real depth to his character.
It's like Rayleigh (his dad) chilling on Sabaody, drinking, gambling and fucking. Mihawk fulfilled his ambition and now waits for Zoro to challenge him.

Now I'm really curious as the what happened to Mihawk to cause him to shift from wanting to fight all the strongest people, and being known as the Marine hunter, to just wanting to live peacefully.

It wouldn't make sense that it's because he reached the top, because those who typically do, always desire more. So something definitely happened to tame what seems to be a fiery nature in his youth.

I think it would be interesting if he killed someone during a duel, that he soon came to regret. It could add some real depth to his character.
Yeah that would be a good start. Mihawk needs some depth, right now he's just boring as a character, feels more like rayleugh rather than current active top tiers. Has to be something more than him jimust wanting to live in peace, as you said something might have happened to his youth.

think it would be interesting if he killed someone during a duel, that he soon came to regret. It could add some real depth to his character.
I like this speculation.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
according to rough translation, Marines think Buggy equals shanks in strenght and its this power that made Midhawk and Croc obey him.... Shanks neggs mihawk :holdthisl: zorobois

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Thing is
Mihawk's dialogue in the chapter indicates that according to Crocodile's original plan he would've been the Emperor.
And would've had the entirety of Cross Guild under him.

Meaning an EVEN higher bounty than 3.6 Billion (which is only 10% shy of Shanks' bounty btw).
Isn’t it crazy that Crocodile knew he could rival an Emperor in strength? Truly Oda forgot about Crydo already, he dunked him in magma and killed him just to clarify that a character Alabasta Luffy defeated is relative to Kaido in strength.

No wonder @Sasaki Kojirō has gone silent, his hero being shown to be relative in power to Crocodile must have really gotten to him. Lol

Why can't Zoro fight both? It's not like the Strawhats will fight the Blackbeard Pirates and Cross Guild at the same time.
Oda said he wanted to end one piece in 3 years. I don't see how or why he should fight both.

Zoro already surpassed the YC1s when he defeated King. Why should his fight in the blackbeard pirates be against an opponent on a similar tier?
If you've noticed, there's a clear jump in tiers in the opponents zoro(or any SH) faces.
King>>Pica>>Hyouzou

I don't see how Oda could hype Shiryu to be that much stronger than King, unless Oda goes the Shiryu kills mihawk route.

Assuming Oda didn't lie about the series' timeframe, which tbh makes sense as Luffy has almost found one piece, either Shiryu>Mihawk or teach allies with cross guild. I'm guessing its going to be the latter.

My EoS matchups:
Luffy vs Teach
Zoro vs Mihawk
Sanji vs Aokiji
Jinbe vs Crocodile

remaining SHs+grand fleet vs Blackbeard pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.