Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
Because this is the first time we'll actually get to know her since like, forever? Every time she's been shown, she's only been shown for a short period of time, and then we could go 5-10 years before we see anything of her again.

This time, we'll actually get to know her better as a character, which is good for the community and people who are a fan of her.
How can you be fan of her and waiting for years, if you've seen her for a short period of time like you said ?

I don't have issue with awakening. Infact I liked the awakening as it perfectly fits and post awakening reminded me of pre TS Luffy pranks. He was more serious in post TS than in pre TS. His good moments were overshadowed by extremely shitty moments like these in the present chapter.
This chapter literally assassinated a part of his character. Might as well kill him here and then if this shit is oda planning to write ahead.
huh

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Friendly reminder Lulusia is a pretty small island

Then you have Kizaru's attack directed at fodder creating an explosion at least a quarter the size of lulusia. Kizaru > Uranus lmfao
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Blackbeard @MarineHQ @AkainuTheGrimReaper @Extravlad
This is idiotic.

There are several mountains that can be seen in the background.

Oda just drew the buildings not to scale. We have other shots of Lulusia where the building are more appropriately scaled down.

Yeah he had some good moments, like how he handlded getting Katakuri away from the crew and Sunny, him remembering Pedro and his attitude about Tama and such. Also towards Yamato too.

Its these moments as you say, that really do him a disservice and ruin the good he has gained and learned.

Odas writing is very inconsistent/erratic, contradicts itself a lot.
To be honest, he acted as a real captain more times in post TS than in pre TS. But his bad moments are extremely bad that it ruins all the good moments. Post TS Oda is sacrificing characters and consistency for the sake of scenarios he imagines like plot, or even for gags.

Looks like a town to me. Those mountains aren't that big. Onigashima too is surrounded by a mountain range and is over all massive, rather than being a flat island with some buildings on it.
It's just a matter of perspective. Mountains look smaller over larger distance but it is clear that the island is not really that small. I still think that Onigashima is still larger but completely nuking an island - which was even engulfed into the explosion - is still a huge feat. Especially since it also means that Imu could easily nuke islands even larger than this one.

It is just the first demonstration of his power or the weapon he uses. They wouldn't rely on it if all they can destroy are small islands with it (again, I think Lulucia Kingdom is larger than most islands in Tottoland for example).

I don't have issue with awakening. Infact I liked the awakening as it perfectly fits and post awakening reminded me of pre TS Luffy pranks. He was more serious in post TS than in pre TS. His good moments were overshadowed by extremely shitty moments like these in the present chapter.
This chapter literally assassinated a part of his character. Might as well kill him here and then if this shit is oda planning to write ahead.
I think you're taking One Piece too seriously. Stuff like this happens from time to time, and this chapter isn't all that different. Just give it a few more chapters and if you don't like it then... uh... you could drop One Piece, I guess? :quest:

Status
Not open for further replies.