Votes: 12 6.5%
  • 3 stars

Votes: 21 11.3%
  • 4 stars

Votes: 39 21.0%
  • 5 stars

Votes: 105 56.5%

• Total voters
My guess is that Ancient Kingdom s original name is Romance Dawn. Then named Laughtale by Roger. Romance Dawn=Laughtale. This has been hinted as the same.

Oda has been freaking hinting it since the beginning of the story. Plus the Franky s comment cemented it. The D s stand for Dawn and when the RD lost the war, the WG propagated a propaganda that D stands for Devil to chase out the survivors and thus the survivors of RD hide their middle name and through generation, the carriers of D forgot what D stands for.

I think the Giants knows what the D truly stands for because for them 900 years ago was their grandpa s time but for humans with 100 years lifespan, it s been like prob 10 or 11 generations.

Robin:
Will of O'Hara
Future World's Most Famous Archeologist

She's going to make O'Hara 2.0
Maybe Elbaf gets turned into the next Ohara. Worlds knowledge guarded by the strongest supposed country.

I hope this little nugget of info leads to some kind of civil war in the World Government.
Yeah I like that. A fallout between WG/Navy eventually is what I see. WG doing shit behind their back over and over. Keeping shit hidden. Fooling the entire world that it was an alliance too and that there's no king of the world when that's a big fat lie, think about it how that would affect the navy, and someone like Akainu who hates pirates is gonna feel like a pirate in a way.

Vegapunk is changing their views without having to join the revs.

Robin:
Will of O'Hara
Future World's Most Famous Archeologist
She's going to make O'Hara 2.0

I hope this little nugget of info leads to some kind of civil war in the World Government.
:hope:
This is majestic. Vegapunk is basically referring to Sword. And he is aware of Dragons end goal. How many are in on the scheme and for how long has it been prepared? Who else puts on a public mask while all along being in on the overthrowing of the WG?

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Love how he emphasis the navy about having good people:goyea:
Yeah I really hope something comes from this.
Post automatically merged:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria

While Ohara does feel like it in a way, I'd consider it fitting if Robin actually sets up the genuine thing with all the knowledge.

Maybe even in Alabasta itself and entrusts it to Vivi's lineage as a means to get back for assisting Crocodile, cause the value of all this knowledge is worth more than any treasure.
I equated the Ancient Kingdom to Alexandria, but O'Hara makes sense as well.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Maybe Elbaf gets turned into the next Ohara. Worlds knowledge guarded by the strongest supposed country.

Yeah I like that. A fallout between WG/Navy eventually is what I see. WG doing shit behind their back over and over. Keeping shit hidden. Fooling the entire world that it was an alliance too and that there's no king of the world when that's a big fat lie, think about it how that would affect the navy, and someone like Akainu who hates pirates is gonna feel like a pirate in a way.

Vegapunk is changing their views without having to join the revs.
Elbaf has the strongest army according to Big Mom so it makes sense to establish the next O'Hara there to ensure its security.

If there is a fallout in the WG, I hope Oda makes it into a separate mini arc like Reverie. It's too important to just gloss over. But then again...it's Oda we're talking about here:seriously:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria

While Ohara does feel like it in a way, I'd consider it fitting if Robin actually sets up the genuine thing with all the knowledge.

Maybe even in Alabasta itself and entrusts it to Vivi's lineage as a means to get back for assisting Crocodile, cause the value of all this knowledge is worth more than any treasure.
Maybe other parallels would be
God Valley = Babel
Ancient Kingdom = Heaven

I don't have a whole lot to say but I wanted to express my interest in Dragon, especially after this chapter.

I've always been pretty big on him as a revolutionary considering he's attempting to bring change directly and is in opposition to the government out of choice, not as a result of being chased by the Navy like with some pirates (obviously their issues with Celestial Dragons and such is still legitimate but Dragon's actually going out of his way to do something about it). I fully expect a bounty higher than Roger's but that's not exactly what this is about. His appearance in the past did quite a bit for me in my opinion. I always liked him and was waiting for this kinda chapter. Great design with the long hair with no tattoo.

Pretty intriguing that Dragon seemed to start out as a pacifist but took drastic measures after Ohara's destruction. Reminds of actual movements and revolutions where pacifists and extremists share the same views but stick to their convictions and choose different paths. Guess Dragon was tired of hoping for the best and for change and took matter into his own hands. In regards to the original army he was aprt of, I think it's possible it wasn't some really significant group if Dragon left to start his own that actually lead to him being debudded Worst Criminal. Not to mention it seems he was a pacifist of sorts of prior whilst still there atleast Vegapunk was shocked at the prospect of hims starting his own army despite him already being part of one.

Iva and Kuma being Dragon's initial top 2 (and still probably are aside from Sabo) kinda always seemed to be the case since the other Commanders were all given one of the 4 blues to command over whilst Iva had Paradise and Kuma had his own hype as a Warlord. Nice seeing Sanji comment on Ivankov, yeah I wouldn't expect him to be gushing or anything after staying on Kamabakka Kingdom for 2 years but I kinda expect it to be tsundere kinda thing he atleast seemed grateful for the boat ride from Iva.

Overall, I think there's hope that Oda will do him justice from here on out. His debut and that speech after Luffy got to 300 milliom were his last really memorable moments for me and I feel like this chapter is atleast comparable. I just really enjoyed it and Dragon's starting to leave more of an impression, not just as the leader of a major faction but as a character. Definitely better than just scowling and reacting to news.

Head of Freedom Fighters, then built an Army.
Vegapunk was surprised and said Dragon hated violence so FF was likely not a combat faction.
The “XX” Dragon wears on his thigh could indicate a counter espionage division of the British secret service in WWII, so mostly like Freedom Fighters was an intelligence group created to counter Cipher Pol.
sounds a bit like what SWORD does .
to counter CP :sus:
maybe The Freedom Fighters division were allied with the Marines,back then.

Don’t understand why people seem bothered by Saul being alive. Always felt odd that Kuzan would kill him like that when his sensibility seems to give a different take on the absolute justice deal, plus the nature of his fruit and freezing makes sense as well.
Like others have said it gives Robin a bit more light in her tragic past since she did go through a whole character arc from it and dealt with it for years.

One of the better chapters for sure