One Piece Chapter 1069: We Owe All There Is To Desire!!

Rate Chapter

• Total voters
With Vegapunk's theory on the role of desire in the origin of devil fruits (which I bet is not the complete picture), it's interesting to speculate on how and why specific ones came to be. Combined with the earlier suggestion that some seek out/attract specific people, it's also interesting to look back at all the characters with DF's in the story and wonder why/how they got the ones they got. Of course, some people hunted specific ones down, but others went in not even knowing what fruits they had until they ate them (like with CP9).

I'm glad that it was shown that SeraMihawk has the star pupils, since people were wondering about it before.

Also, how is Bonney still unconscious? :whitepress:
The theory makes sense for most Zoans and fruits like that of Brook. Some fruits though not so much. Fruits like Jacket, Door door etc.

With Vegapunk's theory on the role of desire in the origin of devil fruits (which I bet is not the complete picture), it's interesting to speculate on how and why specific ones came to be. Combined with the earlier suggestion that some seek out/attract specific people, it's also interesting to look back at all the characters with DF's in the story and wonder why/how they got the ones they got. Of course, some people hunted specific ones down, but others went in not even knowing what fruits they had until they ate them (like with CP9).

I'm glad that it was shown that SeraMihawk has the star pupils, since people were wondering about it before.

Also, how is Bonney still unconscious? :whitepress:
Human fruit: First mermaid Princess Ari D. Elle wanted to be a full human and move on land to be with her lover.

Door fruit: Somebody wanted a quiet life where nobody could bother them.

Bubble fruit: Somebody who was living in the dirt wanted to be clean.

Robin's fruit: Somebody didn't have enough hands for their work.

Sugar's DF: Somebody didn't wanna grow up and play with toys forever.

Pudding's DF: Somebody drank Osmanthus wine and wanted people to share the memories.

Zoans: People wanted to be specific animals (furries -_-).

Logia: People wanted to control elements.

Just a few ideas for this.
Post automatically merged:

These Seraphims are just Oda's way of keeping the Warlords in the story, without them actually being in the story. Even in the Red movie he told the script writers to have Croc/Doffy cameos because they're popular characters.

He knows where his bread is buttered :milaugh::milaugh:
And to keep the tension high. Can just make the Seraphim super hax because "science" and power up the WG a lot because of this.

Last edited:
My takes from the official translation. Kizaru was already on his way to Egghead for some other thing so he should be arriving any time now. Akainu seems to think that CP0 attacking Luffy, a Yonko, is a declaration of war by the navy on Luffy. Multiple times the consequences of such a battle on both sides might actually pit the marines against the SHPs including the Grand Fleet.

Everybody is getting some screen time now, Revos, BBPs, RHPs, Marines/WG. Hard to predict what the next main villain is going to be or will it all culminate in the Final War and this is just the buildup part of the saga.

I still enjoy the goofiness of gear 5. It also makes for some great memes!

The devil fruit explanation is pretty cool. I wonder if Luffy’s devil fruit the human human fruit: model nika was the first devil fruit that was created?

Also Lucci’s awakening looks pretty cool! Why a leopard has flames idk!

It seems like Kizaru is on his way to Egghead. I hope Zoro intercepts him because he’s literally doing nothing else!

I know a lot of people now think Imu is the big, bad ultimate villain since it was introduced, but the revelation of this chapter regarding Devil's Fruits strengthens my belief that Blackbeard is instead the true final villain as now even his DF is now the ideological opposite of Luffy's.

Where Luffy's power is to bring hope and liberation, his is simply amoral destruction. That's why he can nullify other DF's, because the Yami Yami no Mi is the wish to consume the world in darkness, destroying everything, even consuming the hopes of others.

G

Gorosei Informer

I know a lot of people now think Imu is the big, bad ultimate villain since it was introduced, but the revelation of this chapter regarding Devil's Fruits strengthens my belief that Blackbeard is instead the true final villain as now even his DF is now the ideological opposite of Luffy's.

Where Luffy's power is to bring hope and liberation, his is simply amoral destruction. That's why he can nullify other DF's, because the Yami Yami no Mi is the wish to consume the world in darkness, destroying everything, even consuming the hopes of others.
Yin vs Yang for real. White Luffy vs Black(Beard)

Hold up...

G

Gorosei Informer

You saw what green bull did to king...... You saw how halpless zoro and sanji were to doflamingo. Kizaru is luffy's opponent. Zoro can't handle that. This is bad.... Zoro bois are going to fight tooth and nail until he get low diffed by Kizaru.
Zoro has been equally clashing with Fujitora for a while now too. He also was able to block the attack of 2 Yonkos momentarily and permanently wound one of them.

King was also wounded and recovering. GB used a DF power that King and Queen weren't familiar with yet, he most likely caught them off guard and it looks like he's extremely fast with that move, adding to its lethality and surprise element too. Since it happened offscreen for the most part too, we can't assume GB can just take down King and Queen that easily, especially when neither were fully healthy either. Queen was holding his own vs Big Mom before too and even managed to knock her out, restrain her and thus have her tied up at his mercy.

Zoro has Adv CoC, as well as Armanent and is a swordsman, so for a forest man and Logia, Green Bull is in serious trouble too if they were ever to fight. Theres no way Oda is gonna have Zoro get clowned by Kizaru too, given hes the right hand of a Yonko now and the future Pirate King too.

Kizaru brutally clowned and dominated the SHs pre TS. Part of the reason Zoro was so serious post TS and mad at Luffy was because he has PTSD from that incident and cannot afford to ever let that happen again. You think Zoro isn't going to fuck up Kizaru when he shows up due to this? Considering what Zoro just did to Kaido too?

We know Kizaru is too reliant on his DF, hes cocky and a certain right hand of the Pirate King and fellow swordsman also easily clashed with Kizaru too, despite being somewhere around 80 years old too!

Its extremely delusional and ignorant to assume Zoro at this point will get low diffed by any Admiral, especially Kizaru for the reasons I gave above too. Kizaru had to make a sword vs Rayleigh too because Rayleighs swordsmanship, along with his speed and strength with it too was far too dangerous for someone like Kizaru who prefers to fight with ranged attacks and his feet.

Oda doesnt treat Zoro the same way he does with Sanji either, Sanji is the Yamcha of the SHs most of the time, whereas Zoro has been shown clashing with Fujitora multiple times via the manga/anime, movies and whatever else. One of the games and something else also said Zoro is equivalent to Fujitora too.

There's absolutely no way in Hell Zoro is getting low diffed by any Admiral especially Kizaru and to believe otherwise is extremely copium.
Zoro is literally the 2nd most popular OP character in nearly the entire world and 3rd at worst in other countries. Oda blatantly loves him and won't ever do him that dirty.

You saw what green bull did to king...... You saw how halpless zoro and sanji were to doflamingo. Kizaru is luffy's opponent. Zoro can't handle that. This is bad.... Zoro bois are going to fight tooth and nail until he get low diffed by Kizaru.
I'm still of the theory that Zoro will get captured and we'll finally have his turn to leave the crew and have to be saved. Kizaru being the one to do it is perfect too.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
β€Ž
So much Luffy fanboys coping in places like Reddit and Twitter. β€œLuffy isn’t trying.” β€œLuffy is being careless”. Lmao can anyone just acknowledge that Lucci has gotten stronger?
Rob Lucci is the only previous antagonist that been said to get stronger since pre-TS in SBS, ever.
The chruch of Luffy Tunes should just give-up lmao

I'm still of the theory that Zoro will get captured and we'll finally have his turn to leave the crew and have to be saved. Kizaru being the one to do it is perfect too.
I lost hope in Kizaru. The admin like the character and every character TAC like takes an L sooner or later. I would bet more money on Zoro beating Kizaru

Rob Lucci is the only previous antagonist that been said to get stronger since pre-TS in SBS, ever.
The chruch of Luffy Tunes should just give-up lmao
Well, I m not a member of any church, I just don't believe that's the face of someone who is trying... He actually fell asleep for a second... Luffy is messing around and Lucci is at 100% kill mode, that much is just obvious...

This is the first proper gear 5 attack, which is a normal G5 punch, nothing enlarged, and Lucci gets the white eyes...

Luffy is messing around... Not because he is taking Lucci lightly, I mean he straight up went for G5, but because he is not fully in control. Like I said before, he is not using future sight, not advance haki... Just throwing half assed punches and laughing about it.. Where are the Conqueror's Haki attacks which one shotted Luffy in his fights against Kaido? Does Lucci have Conqueror's Haki too and he is using it to defend??

My prediction is that now that Lucci KOed Sentomaru, Luffy will actually get serious but this time he ll be up against Lucci + 4 Serafims to make things more equal and possibly Kizaru (either that or Kizaru will actually stop CP0)... Zoro and brooke will definitely join this battle if that happens.

In my opinion, the purpose of Lucci vs Luffy V2 fight is to spice things up and give us some fanservice during a very informative but relatively action-less ark

Maybe there could be more to the robot that is lying at the junk-yard. If someone should be able to get it into operational modus and maybe finds an energy-source, then the iron giant could be Luffy's end-boss. Just asking myself who will do it in case that happens.

Luffy, Nami and Zoro being the triggers of the story β‰  Each representing one of those attributes. Don't make shit up because you're falling for another fallacy. Bring me an actual evidence of those three representing fame, wealth and power or don't waste my time with another Twitter account from a noname making up the same bullshit as support.

That's not what fame is and if you're talking about it in such way then you lost even more of my interest. You can't twist what constructs mean just to fit them into your delusion.

And still in Luffy's mind there's no fame because he doesn't dream of fame but freedom. And at least have the brains to not bring Roger to the table because as Pirate King he had achieved all of it (including wealth from reaching Laugh Tale as part of the One Piece was found there from Joy Boy's treasure and certainly power since you don't get there without it).

But anyways, the Pirate King is the conqueror atop conqueror's (per Chinjao's word) and the only way to make your conqueror's stronger (therefore to make it above the rest) is to grow stronger yourself (per Rayleigh's word), so how would you describe the top conqueror in the world who Roger was? Yeah: the strongest, therefore the one with the most power. Which funnily fits Luffy's goal of becoming the strongest person in the world, which happens to be the only thing he actively pursues unlike fame and wealth:

Oh, sorry, I forgot Zoro was the one acknowledged by Kaidou by comparing him to the very few capable of fighting him, or the one acknowledged as the only one capable of defeating Kaidou in Wano, or the one who actually achieved enough power output to take him down β€”all of which Luffy was.

Oda could have drawn a panel of Kaidou thinking of Oden when Zoro slashed him in order to try to depict this idea that Zoro is the strongest Straw Hat even though his role wasn't established to be defeating the main villain and has always gotten second fiddle threats, couldn't he? I'm not even asking for a big panel where Kaidou sees Roger, Whitebeard, Oden, Rocks and Shanks in Zoro β€”just one tiny panel where Zoro reminds him of Oden's strength would have been enough. Sad Oda didn't give a shit about it, huh?

Poor Zoro, being the strongest Straw Hat yet having to suffer the narrative of the second strongest for the whole story.

I did teach you a lesson because you factually went for fallacies. I know you won't take the lesson because you're dumb as a rock in spite of trying to play smart all the time (we already saw how your intellectual efforts came to fruition when Zoro killed Kaidou as you predicted in your complex essays β€”oh, wait), but don't try to fool those of us who make the effort to debunk your idiocies. We aren't falling for your bullshit.
You are debating agaisnt niik, it is quite impossible to get through to his skull.