One Piece Chapter 1069: We Owe All There Is To Desire!!

Rate Chapter

• Total voters

CoC: Color of Clowns

We Shall Sail On Every Light Wave
β€Ž

Lot's of fun stuff to analyze here.

So, we have a big drawback with the Seraphim: without direct contact, they can't take orders. If Vegapunk steals the Seraphim, the only people who can actually take them back would be the Gorosei, and they'd have to contact them directly.

As long as one Vegapunk out of 7 survives, it's a great threat for the WG, as the Gorosei obviously don't leave Mary Geoise, so the remaining Punks would be able to control any Seraphim they ran into.

So, now, we have a game of Keep away with the Punks. Even in Sentomaru goes does, the other Punks can still order the Seraphim. The Straw Hats will fight CP0, probably Kizaru, and a few Seraphim.

I'd expect to see:
Zoro and Brook vs Kizaru
Luffy vs Lucci
Kaku vs Sanji
Stussy vs Robin
Jinbei vs S-Shark at some point

And, I now expect S-Snake to betray all parties. While the other Seraphim has shown no emotion so far, S-Snake has been seen smiling multiple times.

We know from Vegapunk that it's impossible to erase the nature of a being, from the Mechashark. That means S-Snake still has some elements of Boa's personality.

Guess who HATES being ordered around? This chick:

Oda is setting up a blind spot here: we assume the Seraphim are going to either go with the Punks or CP0. What if one of them, or multiple, just stop following orders? What if those things on S-Snake and S-Hawk's arms, ARE control chips, and they... just, rip them off?!?

Look at S-Snake's face in the bottom panel. Everyone else if looking to the right, while she's looking to the left with ellipses in a text box.

S-Snake is going to go off on her own, IMO (and possibly run into the Blackbeard Pirates or Cross Guild).

G

Gorosei Informer

I always felt Sentomaru was actually Kizaru's (at least adopted) nephew, because Sentomaru bickered with him like he was family. I'm wrong, though, Sentomaru uses "uncle" more in a organization sense, apparently.

It's still a respectful title, but not the same as a familial address.
Tbh this chapter has now revealed that Sentomaru came from a poor background like Kizaru has too?

Kizaru probably is fond of him after all, giving him a much nicer, gentler, kinder etc too side to himself.

G

Gorosei Informer

Since each Devil Fruit is born from human desire, does that mean Sanji is slowly transforming himself into a devil fruit model "Devil" through his strong desire and that's why he can turn himself on fire?
:crazwhat::sanmoji:
Maybe even Lucifer the fallen angel specifically? Sanji referred to himself as the devil before and to hell too.

Now Zoro wants to be the king of hell too. Robin has a demonic new form..hmmm...

Really enjoyed that chapter.

DuFeld being the bankroller of MADS is quite interesting.

Kizaru coming along is pretty interesting. I’ve always felt he’s quite a disposable character so tying him in with Vegapunk should be a good thing. Would also make a really good final fight for this arc, give Luffy a proper 1 vs 1 victory.

Implication of Lucci’s awakening also having the ribbon thing around them could mean Yamato and Enel are also awakened? Course, Katakuri and Doffy don’t have it, but maybe it’s only for Zoans and Logias. Does then raise the question of Kaido however.

Thought that Oda would go for a science explanation for Devil Fruits so it’s quite interesting that he’s went for the purely fantastical instead. I wonder if this is the explanation for Asura. Maybe when Zoro dies there will be an Asura Mythical Zoan and he’s manifesting it now from his desire to be stronger.

Very impressive feats for Lucci. Fighting evenly with Luffy in G5, even just for a bit, is really impressive. He’s maintained his pre-skip ability of just being a skilled sort of pure fighter. Never been a big fan of the character (or lack of) but one thing he did deliver, and deliver well, was as a fighter.

Shame thereβ€˜s a break next week, especially given it’ll be around the winter schedule, cause it looks like the next couple of chapters will be pretty action packed. Seraphim should start fighting, Kizaru coming, Lucci there, maybe Zoro will get involved now. Just waiting for Smoker as well
Other people had their desires come true years and years later in the form of Devil Fruits. Zoro manifested his desire on the spot without a Devil Fruit. :zosmug:

Lot's of fun stuff to analyze here.

So, we have a big drawback with the Seraphim: without direct contact, they can't take orders. If Vegapunk steals the Seraphim, the only people who can actually take them back would be the Gorosei, and they'd have to contact them directly.

As long as one Vegapunk out of 7 survives, it's a great threat for the WG, as the Gorosei obviously don't leave Mary Geoise, so the remaining Punks would be able to control any Seraphim they ran into.

So, now, we have a game of Keep away with the Punks. Even in Sentomaru goes does, the other Punks can still order the Seraphim. The Straw Hats will fight CP0, probably Kizaru, and a few Seraphim.

I'd expect to see:
Zoro and Brook vs Kizaru
Luffy vs Lucci
Kaku vs Sanji
Stussy vs Robin
Jinbei vs S-Shark at some point

And, I now expect S-Snake to betray all parties. While the other Seraphim has shown no emotion so far, S-Snake has been seen smiling multiple times.

We know from Vegapunk that it's impossible to erase the nature of a being, from the Mechashark. That means S-Snake still has some elements of Boa's personality.

Guess who HATES being ordered around? This chick:

Oda is setting up a blind spot here: we assume the Seraphim are going to either go with the Punks or CP0. What if one of them, or multiple, just stop following orders? What if those things on S-Snake and S-Hawk's arms, ARE control chips, and they... just, rip them off?!?

Look at S-Snake's face in the bottom panel. Everyone else if looking to the right, while she's looking to the left with ellipses in a text box.

S-Snake is going to go off on her own, IMO (and possibly run into the Blackbeard Pirates or Cross Guild).
nice theory lol i thought about her actually helping luffy even though lucci is in control but we will see

Stussy stated one obvious but suggestive thing: attacking a Yonko can lead to a war, for the remarkable backup they have.
Even more, Kizaru, Sentomaru, the Strawhats and maybe Kuma are gonna be in the same place for the first time since Sabaody.

1)How Kizaru is gonna react to the deafeat-homicid of the man that calls him "uncle"?

2)Akainu fears that a deal between Vegapunk and Strawhats gonna represent a blow in their military superiority. Cp0 and Kizaru were sent to protect this superiority (the Seraphims) and the government ordered to wipe out Punk. Will the Seraphim be retrieved by the WG or will they escape their authority?

3)Long-term scenario: Luffy already said that he wanted to attack Mary Geoise (Zoro obviously made him use his brain), but as Stussy said, this could be leading to a war, Yonko have a fleet. How far are we from that huge incident between the SH grand fleet involving, I suppose, the WG itself?

4)Short-term scenario: if Sentomaru is still alive, he will be able to control the Seraphim. Maybe, he will be holding cp0, for the SH to escape safely, until uncle Kizaru shows up? Or Luffy will he stay with him, engaging in an all-out battle with Cp0 and later Kizaru?