Who is gonna win this battle(of likes): Worst or Warchief Sanji D Goat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CensoredbyWG

In all honestly, i think a bit differently here (wow surprise huh? :D).

I always struggled with the Idea of Luffy clashing with Shanks, it had no tension from beginn with, because we all know, Shanks would never harm Luffy in a serious way. But still, Shanks is in the way of Luffy, so there must be a way to solve this.

In my opinion, this way was Kid and thats the main reason why Oda brought him up. Oda puts alot of thoughts into his behavior and crew, shows glimpse of parallels to luffys crew (friendship, adventure-searching...) everytime they appear. This doesnt happen for a side-character. There is to much focus and predictions, even his CoC was forshadowed.

Whatever, i can see how people struggle over the idea of Kid beating Shanks here. Shanks was placed as Deus Ex Machina in the story, he never lost a fight on screen, is respected by everyone, no one was looking for a serious clash with him at all. Imagine him losing now this position, seems very odd. I understand.

But, he is still a representer of the old gen and somehow needs to be overshadowed and beaten by the new generation. Which leads in my opinion to the following solutions of the situation:

A) He will lose against in an all out full fight. Kid here would obviously need to awake advCoC and combine it heavily with his awakaning. I understand how this seems unplausible for people outside the fandom, but still, i see him in direct position behind luffy, which means he will accomplish what luffy accomplished right before, taking down an Yonko in a full fetched fight. For sure, he wont kill Shanks.

B) Shanks and Kid will fight, Shanks will firstly overpower Kid, but like we know from shonen and previous fights, Kid is able to grow, build his CoC and even advCoC and they will go more or less par en par at the end and leave each other without a clear decision about a win, leaving Shanks undefeated, but him aknowledge the new generation.

C) SImilar to B), but Shanks will have the upper hand at the end still, but only slightly, and the fight gets stopped by the giants, which take care of Kid and defend him, since they aknowledge him as a hero, since he killed Big Mum (with Law). Shanks will aknowledge Kids growing and will state that in the next encounter, Kid will most likely be able to beat him.

At all 3 cases, Shanks can keep his face, but still highlight Kid and the new generation. They seem all plausible, in my opinion A>B>C, but i can totaly see the different argumentation here.
Pure headcanon, kid has pretty much zero relevance to plot compared to strawhat pirates(especially luffy, zoro, Robin and franky) and law, he's most likely being used as a hype tool OR turned into a villain by siding with Blackbeard and becoming an opponent to luffy.

Kid is FAR from luffy. Zoro, yamato and law are stronger than him.

Why would you even bother stanning Kidd

He has no relevance to World Gov
He has no relevance to the mysteries of the One Piece World
He has no connection to Void Century
He is not a D Clan Member
His backstory so far is painfully mid

All the greatest mysteries in One Piece have genuinely absolutely nothing to do with Kidd. All he is, is a shitty fucking rival

True, he's not losing to shanks because he's not fighter shanks.

Pretty high chance beckman is the one who fucked him UP and kid will serve as a hypetool for red haired pirates.

Honestly, what's kid point in this story now??? He isnt a D, has no relevance as Far as plot goes, doesn't know anyone important.

Sincerely, If kid died in this fight, nothing would change.

He's setup to be one of the new leaders of the new generation. The fact that oda has him going to Elbaf means he still has quite a bit planned for him. And we simply haven't heard enough about the interactions between red haired pirates and Kidd or kidd himself. But Elbaf should fix that.

I genuinely didn't understand what you meant in your First comment.

Admirals were shown negging YC everytime they interacted with each other, what makes you think it would be different for zoro with kizaru and yamato with ryokugyu????
Fujitora struggling against Sabo, Ryokugyu taking down hospitalized King Queen and Marco stalemating Kizaru isn't a good feat for AdmiraLs

Why would you even bother stanning Kidd

All the greatest mysteries in One Piece have genuinely absolutely nothing to do with Kidd. All he is, is a shitty fucking rival
Why would you even bother stanning Zoro

All the greatest mysteries in One Piece have genuinely absolutely nothing to do with Zoro. All he is, is a shitty fucking subordinate

Status
Not open for further replies.