Why did York Betray Vegapunk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. I don't like how she was helpless when BB put her in a chokehold though it kind of makes sense... But Ace and WB could counter Kurouzu so I don't know why she couldn't somehow.
Though BB IS a Yonko member, so him subduing Hancock wasn't too surprising, only expected of him really.
Just like Aramaki capturing Weevil through unknown means.
Anyway yeah, I can see her and the Fleet coming to help Luffy against the piles of fleets coming at them.
Barto's barriers and Hancock's AOE hax are gonna be devastating in a team.. Just cover her sides and back and let her spam her arrows at everyone.
GB captured Weevil by telling him that WB’s treasure was in a cell on the marine’s ship.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
He looks more carppier by the moment

- has so called invincible defences

- blocks an tatsumaki with those defences in hus most durable zoan form

- dodges 360 pound canon

- gets hit once without his flames and never uses them again

:kaidowhat:
There is no need to micro-analyze everything just to shit on characters. You don't have to eat everything thrown at you just because you can withstand those attacks. King's trying to fight normally despite his defense, and I see nothing wrong with that. The only issue here is the reason why he stupidly decided to turn off his flames before confronting Zoro, and the reason was quite literally ego as implied by manga.

As for Oda's reasons, he probably doesn't want us to see the Lunarian's defense fail on the panel before the Seraphim's defeat.

There is no more adventure, this is a big war now. Why is Elbaf the most likely location of the fourth Poneglyph? Oda mentioned three possible locations.
There is adventure, this war is just a stop gap in luffys adventure to be the king of the pirates.

And because it’s the last major area left connected to an original emperor unless you think the Poneglyph will be on a random island?

True. I don't like how she was helpless when BB put her in a chokehold though it kind of makes sense... But Ace and WB could counter Kurouzu so I don't know why she couldn't somehow.
Though BB IS a Yonko member, so him subduing Hancock wasn't too surprising, only expected of him really.
Just like Aramaki capturing Weevil through unknown means.
Anyway yeah, I can see her and the Fleet coming to help Luffy against the piles of fleets coming at them.
Barto's barriers and Hancock's AOE hax are gonna be devastating in a team.. Just cover her sides and back and let her spam her arrows at everyone.
Would be underwhelming if BB as an Emperor wasn't able of doing as much. She already put BB in a spot where he had to escape especially with rayleigh as he risked of losing 2 titanic captains and everyone he brought there with him thanks to her ability.

I was hoping for something more when it came to York's motive.

Does she actually think that the Five Elders are going to allow her to become a World Noble, the moment Saturn arrives he is probably going to have York killed.

Her goal is stupid, at least Kanjuro's motive makes sense.

This makes the traitor sub plot feel like a waste and just another way for Oda to drag the arc.
York is part of Stella personality. So Stella at one point want to be celestial dragon too. Just look at cover page. You have these creepy smile from Stella. That creepy smile also is in York face now.

@Elder Lee Hung @SakazOuki @Kurozumi Wiwi

The crew will catch an L. This will lead as built up to the final war at Navy HQ. Oda is building up the threat level of the WG and even Saturn came in.

Think of Kizaru as Houken and Saturn as Riboku at the battle of bayou. The crew will taste utter defeat.
:endthis:
Well the page showing Saturn, Kizaru and the marine is apparently similar to the page for Marineford preparations, and we all know how that ended up for the WBP :myman:

Status
Not open for further replies.