Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although im not exactly as Admiral fanboy im willing to defend them more just because there's always unnecessary downplay regarding them.

Also i have the same stand on kaido and shanks. Until we see a complete fight from shanks i still have Kaido above him
Shanks having AP completely on a level beyond Kaido and BM makes much sense because they have the defence that he doesn't have. Oda needs to balance it somewhere

The Sea King stuff makes less and less sense as the story goes on, like man had a 1 billion bounty at that point. Only way is that he did it on purpose to "show Luffy how dangerous the sea is" or some shit.

Can't explain how the Haki future sight master was outsmarted by Higuma with a smoke bomb though.
:seriously:
He cut his own arm off before jumping in the water. It was an apology to the underworld boss for losing the hito hito model Nika at sea.

Kid's performance wasn't bad, just underwhelming. This was his shot to prove how far he'd come, including and since Wano, and Oda has him simply register as a threat to Shanks' companions in Shanks' eyes followed by Shanks culling said threat. Feels bad...I think he still has a shot of returning but I doubt he'll have his crew. They don't do anything anyways, he just needs himself and his partner, Killer. Him showing up at the final war to take down the pre-established system and aid Luffy is something but we won't be seeing much from him in a while.

As for Shanks, amazing Conqueror's haki, probably great armament, Future Sight, Future Sight cancelling abilities and who knows what else. He's quite stacked. Blackbeard's probably gonna continue to be pushed a decent bit by Law whilst using his 2 fruits (assuming Teach isn't the one on Egghead cause if he is, Oda did the non-Emperor 3 billion men dirty) but I think against Shanks, he'll reveal the third cause he's gonna need it to bridge the gap between current him and Shanks based on how they handled the 3 billion man that came their way.

Mihawk should get a chance to show off prior to the Zoro rematch. He has a black blade, the hawk eyes moniker and his observation haki was highlighted (by pre-skip standards and with hints like the concept of him being called the clairvoyant) so I expect Future Sight. I just want to see this dude fight and more of his character. I thought Future Sight would be fitting to contrast with Shanks' observation cancelling abilities and I still do but this dude Shanks has both. He's just a powerful and well-rounded fighter despite few feats and just his haki and blade.

Hopefully Luffy's upcoming battle gets me this invested. I still think Luffy vs Kizaru would be great at this stage but Teach's crew (whichever members being around throws things into chaos).

Gotta admit, the more I look at them panels, the more I appreciate Shanks and feel less bitter about Kid's treatment. Kid's still a 3 billion berrie man who, along with Law, took down an Emperor. It's just Shanks is that guy and for the next few years, we'll simply see Shanks' overwhelming power highlighted. It happens, Shanks is just one of the closest to One Piece at this stage, no shame in losing to him. I'm bummed but it'll be alright, Kid was ticked at the Celestial Dragon's behaviour back at Sabaody, Oda could easily have him in the final war with just kid, in his eyes unaffiliated with anyone but really as a Luffy ally. If Kid fades into irrelevancy completely and only returns to show how beaten and broken he is mentally then yeah, that'd be screwed up.

Shanks, Blackbeard, Mihawk, Dragon, Luffy, Admirals, I can't wait to see more of these guys. One Piece is really hype currently and hopefully Oda keeps it going up.

Don't think BB knows luffy is there. This information was a surprise even for WG. And, morgan has yet to spread rumours about it..even if he did then BB making move from defeating law to egghead in such short time messes timeline

BB was looking for RPG and he said he was waiting for one of Luffy/law/kidd to pass through winner island.

Most likely one of the captains of BB was already heading towards egghead for Vegapunk
Maybe you right but not forgot oda don’t care about messes on timeline look shanks stopped kaido in new world and few hours later stopped the MF war.
At tha time much people theorized roo having the teleportation DF

Status
Not open for further replies.