Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1095 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw man even you took a L
This is bad.
Nah, I'm good here on a lot of levels with power scaling, I'm just disappointed the fight had such an anticlimatic conclusion.

I thought Kizaru would have to use Awakening against Gear 5, and I thought he'd be a bit more serious. Even Saturn is low-key-dissing him, like "Man, I know you weren't really trying to kill Vegapunk."

I just wish it had been more of an actual fight. The "Kizaru gets to Vegapunk, then Luffy catches up" got real old real fast. And this just isn't like Sabaody.

In Sabaody, Kizaru had no reason to care about the Straw Hats. In Egghead, he's fighting them while knowing they are protecting his friend, Vegapunk.

Kizaru is MUCH stronger than Lucci, we know this because Gear 5 Luffy didn't struggle against Lucci at all, but only got one good hit on Kizaru, which then knocked Luffy out. Lucci knocked Sentomaru down in a single blow, when Kizaru didn't, because Kizaru's been holding back. And it sucks.

I wanted a balls to the walls revenge match where Kizaru was straight up trying to murder Luffy, and we got a cat and mouse chase instead. I wish Saturn had told Kizaru to focus on Luffy, and then teleported himself into the lab (or onto it, I guess?).

The worst part is I think the fight is over, and I'm just not satisfied with it. Kizaru holding back and focusing on others things + Luffy going out of Gear 5 too fast just kind of screwed it up.

And it was all pointless, yeah, Luffy stopped Kizaru from killing Vegapunk, now Saturn's going to do it. I just had too much expectations for Luffy fighting an Admiral, I guess. I wanted an actual winner in a 1v1, not, "we chased Vegapunk for five minutes, and, wow, we're both so tired we can't get up, conveniently just in time for this flashback."

I'm sick of Oda baiting us with Luffy vs Admirals. I don't want, "Ohhhh, Fujitora loves Luffy now, and doesn't want to fight him, and Luffy is calling out his attacks because he doesn't want to hurt a blind guy", or "watch Kizaru chase Vegapunk around Egghead." GIVE ME A 1V1 AND LET ME SEE LUFFY VS A NON HANDICAPPED ADMIRAL, ODA.

Now all we have is stupid power scaling, ugh.

I think this whole fucking conversation has been completely disingenuous to Kizaru entirely. Hes not even KOed, just reeling from the shock of that hit. You have instances where Akainu and Kuzan were "out of commission" from Whitebeard and Garp, yet both recovered and got up to continue fighting just fine.

You have Blackbeard and his entire group getting situationally dogged by Magellan, then Whitebeard and nobody bats an eye when he needed his crew to save him.

For some reason nobody wants to talk about how the scabbards and Luffy both made Kaido white eyed "faint".

In every case each of these people got back up or triumphed in their own ways, so why do we treat this particular fight any different? One that is clearly not even painted like other battles with no:

- Double spread ending (if Kizaru was the "Blueno or Cracker" of the arc, then why doesnt he have a proper finisher like every other villain in this series?)
- No direct KO reaction from Kizaru (He is still talking and Oda doesnt show his face)
- Actual dialogue that confirms he will be up again shortly.

Just sounds entirely hypocritical to judge this fight based on a very clear pause in the when literally every other fight ever has a climactic (read doublespread) ending with character reactions and knockouts.
Nobody is reacting to Kizaru's state in this chapter except for Saturn telling him that he's being slower than usual, not even vice-admirals and marine fodders give a shit. He's completely fine lmao.

Nah, I'm good here on a lot of levels with power scaling, I'm just disappointed the fight had such an anticlimatic conclusion.

I thought Kizaru would have to use Awakening against Gear 5, and I thought he'd be a bit more serious. Even Saturn is low-key-dissing him, like "Man, I know you weren't really trying to kill Vegapunk."

I just wish it had been more of an actual fight. The "Kizaru gets to Vegapunk, then Luffy catches up" got real old real fast. And this just isn't like Sabaody.

In Sabaody, Kizaru had no reason to care about the Straw Hats. In Egghead, he's fighting them while knowing they are protecting his friend, Vegapunk.

Kizaru is MUCH stronger than Lucci, we know this because Gear 5 Luffy didn't struggle against Lucci at all, but only got one good hit on Kizaru, which then knocked Luffy out. Lucci knocked Sentomaru down in a single blow, when Kizaru didn't, because Kizaru's been holding back. And it sucks.

I wanted a balls to the walls revenge match where Kizaru was straight up trying to murder Luffy, and we got a cat and mouse chase instead. I wish Saturn had told Kizaru to focus on Luffy, and then teleported himself into the lab (or onto it, I guess?).

The worst part is I think the fight is over, and I'm just not satisfied with it. Kizaru holding back and focusing on others things + Luffy going out of Gear 5 too fast just kind of screwed it up.

And it was all pointless, yeah, Luffy stopped Kizaru from killing Vegapunk, now Saturn's going to do it. I just had too much expectations for Luffy fighting an Admiral, I guess. I wanted an actual winner in a 1v1, not, "we chased Vegapunk for five minutes, and, wow, we're both so tired we can't get up, conveniently just in time for this flashback."

I'm sick of Oda baiting us with Luffy vs Admirals. I don't want, "Ohhhh, Fujitora loves Luffy now, and doesn't want to fight him, and Luffy is calling out his attacks because he doesn't want to hurt a blind guy", or "watch Kizaru chase Vegapunk around Egghead." GIVE ME A 1V1 AND LET ME SEE LUFFY VS A NON HANDICAPPED ADMIRAL, ODA.

Now all we have is stupid power scaling, ugh.
This was probably the last time Luffy fought an Admiral, exept for Akainu

Kuma: Just like Nika the "Warrior of Liberation" !!!
Saturn: Everyone, aim at the head!!!
Bonney: Nika?
Kuma: Yes, the one I always admired.
Kuma: If you make a rhythm like this....he'll come to you with a smile!! (while laughing/smiling etc)
together: Don dodotto~ Don dodotto~
Sanji: Bonney-chan!!
Sanji: Stop you guys!!
Vegapunk: Stop!! She's just a child!!!

Bonney: Will he also let me do what I want / be free?
Kuma: Of course!!
Yeah Saturn vs Luffy is definitely happening. Dialogue heavily implies this. I atleast see a small fight happening to save bonney

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Except Luffy is in the state he's in through his own drawback, Kizaru is in the state that he's in through Luffy's singular attack.

Mind you Luffy wasn't even fresh going into the fight, there's no way this can be anything but an L for Kizaru.
Excuses

Luffy is an emperor and there hasn't been any indication before the fight that luffy isn't 100%.

And, drawback? Luffy was able to fight kaido for much longer and he was able to recover even in G5 once yet here he is down....

This is a draw..heck I will say it - kiz came out looking better because he withstood Emperor luffy peak form without logia awakening - destroying you people agenda that luffy will beat kiz

I think this whole fucking conversation has been completely disingenuous to Kizaru entirely. Hes not even KOed, just reeling from the shock of that hit. You have instances where Akainu and Kuzan were "out of commission" from Whitebeard and Garp, yet both recovered and got up to continue fighting just fine.

You have Blackbeard and his entire group getting situationally dogged by Magellan, then Whitebeard and nobody bats an eye when he needed his crew to save him.

For some reason nobody wants to talk about how the scabbards and Luffy both made Kaido white eyed "faint".

In every case each of these people got back up or triumphed in their own ways, so why do we treat this particular fight any different? One that is clearly not even painted like other battles with no:

- Double spread ending (if Kizaru was the "Blueno or Cracker" of the arc, then why doesnt he have a proper finisher like every other villain in this series?)
- No direct KO reaction from Kizaru (He is still talking and Oda doesnt show his face)

Just sounds entirely hypocritical to judge this fight based on a very clear pause in the when literally every other fight ever has a climactic (read doublespread) ending with character reactions and knockouts.
Nothing hypocritical.
Kizaru ate 1 named attack from G5 Luffy and he lying on floor already, being helpless and apologizing.
Yet people made fun of Lucci for fainting 2 seconds after taking 3 named attacks from G5.

Being consistent, it is only natural Kizaru is being clowned. He is in worse condition than Lucci after taking fewer attack.

That's fair but we are judging that fight as of now.
Kizaru is getting back up and so is Luffy, but as of now Kizaru got rocked by a single hit which is what everyone has been saying the entire time.

I don't really know why people are just pretending this isn't happening. Kizaru got rocked by a punch to the point he can't move and his superior is actually doing his job. I doubt Kizaru is getting back up before Luffy, because the later is the only one who can deal with Kizaru there. The alliance already has their hands full with Saturn.

Not only people are pretending Kizaru hasn't been incapacitated but they are also using Luffy's own draw back as a Kizaru feat this is dishonesty at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.