ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1107: I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
I'll be answering here what I can't anymore in the spoilers thread:

They are the wings of the future PK, they should accomplish comparable achievements. Strength is not a factor in this discussion. King being stronger than Queen would have already been enough for the Zoro > Sanji enthusiasts. The rooftop was totally unnecessary. An overkill

I would love to see Sanji and Zoro vs Kizaru, the only matchup that makes sense strength wise and that excludes Nika. Zoro and his fans do not deserve it though. Perhaps I should side with the Nika boys. Just once :josad:
Why, though? The only top two subordinates who have been depicted as equally strong are Buggy's (Cabaji and Mohji).

Most Zoro fanatics (not just the average fan) are braindead, but that's not Zoro's problem. Zoro is stronger than Sanji, normally fights and defeats stronger people than Sanji, and his whole role in the crew is based on fighting (unlike Sanji's). I see no problem at Zoro achieving more than Sanji, in fact Sanji has achieved way more than expected from a person whose main job is cooking.

While Oda gives Zoro more fighting, he gives Sanji more character. I find it balanced, don't you? You're just as obsessed as Zoro fanatics with power scaling; why don't you focus on how Oda clearly prefers to write Sanji than to write Zoro? Why don't you focus on how Sanji is the only main character (bar Luffy) to have two developed flashbacks and two arcs around his persona, while Zoro's lineage was thrown at an SBS and pretty much all of his character-wise potencial in Wano was wasted? Why don't you focus on how Sanji's nuances and conflicts have been explored way more than anything Zoro can dream of?

Again, Zoro is expected to do better in battles. Why the "overkill" is King+rooftop in Zoro's favor instead of three arcs of character exploration (so far, still going with the power of love) plus an additional flashback plus an additional personal arc? You want Sanji to excel at Zoro's area instead of his own, why?