Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE, CHAPTER 1126: Taking Responsibility

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
I wouldnt be surprise if Shanks is actually a "bad" guy siding with Imu.
I found The "vibes" he has since he met the elders is kind of weird. I mean, he was mostly smily and humorous up to a point. Now it seems like he's becoming more and more serious and dark, the closer they got to a "final goal".
Maybe he is also from Joyboy & Emeth's time.
Just a personnal theory/feeling though
:endthis:

Last edited:
He's still responsible ultimately and encourages this behaviour from his own crew, unless his crew just does what they like and he doesn't try to stop or command them?

Would be ironically hilarious if they think he's too soft too like how Barto was saying but some people reckon Yasopp heard what Barto said and that provoked him to take down Barto too.

Imo Yasopp disrespected Shanks in a similar way to Usopp wanting to be captain and arguing against Luffy but in Usopps case, he was far more justified.

Some could argue Shanks is just more laidback with his crew with how tight knit and family like they are (ironically they love to abandon/neglect their actual families) and thus he doesn't mind Yasopp or whoever taking initiative and doing stuff like this, he trusts his decisions and actions and thus will ba

Look a lot like an eagle to me, possibly a falcon but I'd say eagle. God knows what it means though.

Also bingo!

In Norse mythology, Veðrfölnir (Old Norse "storm pale", "wind bleached", or "wind-witherer") is a hawk sitting between the eyes of an unnamed eagle that is perched on top of the world tree Yggdrasil. Veðrfölnir is sometimes modernly anglicized as Vedrfolnir, Vedurfolnir or Vetrfolnir.

i dont understand how anyone could possibly read that scene like yasopp disrespecting shanks or going over his captain or whatever. yasopp doesnt fire that gun unless shanks wants it lol. thats so obvious.
Post automatically merged:

I found The "vibes" he has since he met the elders is kind of weird. I mean, he was mostly smily and humorous up to a point. Now it seems like he's becoming more and more serious and dark, the closer they got to a "final goal".
shanks is keeping the balance because he knows a prophecy involving a certain year or time thats coming up soon. roger's "we're too early" and everything. hes trying to make sure that luffy fulfills it. i think thats basically what his antagonism vs luffy will come from. shanks is trying to get him to do something thats spoiled ahead of time. thats like the worst thing ever to luffy

theres some old post by sandman & probably other people, im sure dawn & dusk did a video too, going into detail on the exact japanese grammar of how all the yonko have stated they want to get the one piece recently. i can't find it specifically but iirc big mom and kaido are like just straightforwardly saying they'll take it for themselves, buggy talks about catching it like you'd say you caught a beetle, and shanks says he's going to rob/plunder/take it by force

Last edited:
Literally that plot is so pointless without the seraphim
Not just the Seraphim. Oda showed us multiple witnesses fo Saturns death, the Gorosei probably know he is dead.
If there is any report from Morgans about this, its done for.

Most common people probably dont even know what the Gorosei look like with how reclusive they are either.

Also bingo!

In Norse mythology, Veðrfölnir (Old Norse "storm pale", "wind bleached", or "wind-witherer") is a hawk sitting between the eyes of an unnamed eagle that is perched on top of the world tree Yggdrasil. Veðrfölnir is sometimes modernly anglicized as Vedrfolnir, Vedurfolnir or Vetrfolnir.

That's an amazing picture you found there, wow. You could make like 20 or 30 chapters implementing all of that alone, explaining everything. Working our way up from the bottom to the highest Point of that Giant Tree, or vice versa. Having different types of mythical beings living on Elbaf would be sick.

:steef:

That egg on Rogers Ship for example, could finally come into play here. (If Oda ever intends to make that a plot).

What could have possible been hatched from that thing.

:hope:

That's an amazing picture you found there, wow. You could make like 20 or 30 chapters implementing all of that alone, explaining everything. Working our way up from the bottom to the highest Point of that Giant Tree, or vice versa. Having different types of mythical beings living on Elbaf would be sick.

:steef:

That egg on Rogers Ship for example, could finally come into play here. (If Oda ever intends to make that a plot).

What could have possible been hatched from that thing.

:hope:
There is bird connotations in every arc…

The egg on Roger’s ship is probably going to be the biggest reveal in the series…

Yasopp is more ruthless than I realized.

I am also curious to see how Luffy and co disappeared.

I always enjoy seeing Blackbeard and his crew. I wonder what he plans on doing with Garp. Is he going to draw Luffy out?

I think Nami’s in a giant’s doll house.

Honestly I think oda should have just left him be a mentor type character for MC. Because he has no good depth given in the series, and making him either a villain or anti hero just doesn't fit... I feel oda felt he is becoming useless setup character and added these new interactions and scenes which give him a more mysterious and goal oriented person... Even buggy and his relationship I think oda retconned with the flashback in cross guild. I feel this new mess might ruin his character for me and would rather choose a safer path of keeping him someone who wants to create balance in the world.

Well all I do now is checkout Rat memes and somehow hope it gets true just for laughs.... Not really thinking about series.... But that's just how I feel now I can't put sticks be hyped about him like earlier in series... So don't care what happens.

Kizaruber Eats

Ion Fury the game is ridiculously fun and good!
Tyvm! I had a feeling Norse mythology had something with eagles too for some reason.

:BigW::wonderland:

Oh, so you reckon that egg will play a Role way later? Perhaps, I just hope Oda didn't abandon it along the way.
He abandoned it like Yasopp did to Usopp ofc, Shanks and Uta too.

:ronalaugh::vistalaugh::rolaugh::beanmean:

Honestly I think oda should have just left him be a mentor type character for MC. Because he has no good depth given in the series, and making him either a villain or anti hero just doesn't fit... I feel oda felt he is becoming useless setup character and added these new interactions and scenes which give him a more mysterious and goal oriented person... Even buggy and his relationship I think oda retconned with the flashback in cross guild. I feel this new mess might ruin his character for me and would rather choose a safer path of keeping him someone who wants to create balance in the world.

Well all I do now is checkout Rat memes and somehow hope it gets true just for laughs.... Not really thinking about series.... But that's just how I feel now I can't put sticks be hyped about him like earlier in series... So don't care what happens.
Completely agree. Could have an amazing training arc with the SHs and RHP genuinely. Teaching them to actually get more serious and real. To stop playing pirate games and holding back. To make Usopp realise he can use guns and explore why he doesn't. Give him actual screentime and development with Yasopp.

Shanks and co could have taught the crew how to actually have Haki since they're balls deep in the new world and still half the crew doesnt have it and Usopp has only used it once in 10 years accidentally and forgotten about it too.

Mentor role would have been perfect and Davy Back Fight could have been an excellent way for Shanks to test Luffy and the SHs, showing consequences and risk whilst pretending to be the villain and he can see Joyboy Nika Luffy for himself this way too.

Shanks can make it seem like he wants to take down Luffy, to stop him so Luffy is forced to take him serious like he would anyone else but in reality Shanks is just testing him and secretly supporting him, making sure both Luffy and the return of Joyboy and thus the prophecy can succeed and thus his late captain's wishes too.

Oda loves traitor storylines too much now and forced drama, taking himself/his own story too seriously but at the same time having a midlife crisis and goofing around and doing the most insane, stupidest, childish shit too, like a constant contrasts of mood extremes. The balance is so off post TS especially post Nika too. Luffy laughing his ass off as Vegapunks corpse is right next to him, literally FFS.

Same Luffy who said not long ago at all, you cant laugh at other's deaths and we had Toko only being able to laugh at her father's death because of the Smile curse and Yasuie was pretending the whole time to be affected by the Smile curse so Toko would not feel like a freak and alone too.

One Piece started jumping the shark for me with Water 7 onwards honestly. Especially Marineford, Impel Down, Sabaody too and thus the timeskip and beyond too. Jumping the Jinbei even ironically.

Also extremely based for checking out Rat memes lmao, we keep getting new ones constantly, so creative and so funny, I will laugh SO HAR and constantly roast Shanks glazers if the rat memes do become canon, absolutely no mercy. The cope that he has a twin brother who is the evil one is so hilarious, they're so afraid of him being less than perfect and not a good guy all along or at least more anti-hero, neutral and controversial than he already is.

I rather Shanks stayed a generic good guy, mentor even if meant he ironically had the red flags of death and would die, I used to think his death was the most terrifying moment that could happen in One Piece aside from a Strawhat dying or Laboon (those are far less likely though) or even Kidd or Law ofc BUT now Oda has made me want and cheer for the chance of Shanks dying. I feel the real Shanks died pre TS but I will get vilified for saying stuff like that as I have already lately.

Like the story of One Piece itself, the spirit, the charm, I feel a lot of One Piece died afte the pre TS, it lost a lot of its soul and thus characters like Shanks, Mihawk, the Admirals, Garp, Roger, Rayleigh etc all have suffered with it along with the Strawhats themselves too BY FAR. Theres still moments of greatness for them post TS but its few and far between and its still not the same at all.

Oda has become to proud and shallow. He assaulted one of his editors and injured him some years ago, during or after Dressrosa, somewhere around that time and bragged about in a SBS. His editors are now terrified to disagree and argue with him because hes a literal violent narcissist. Well narcissism and violence go hand in hand, fragile egos and all that, psychopathy basically.

But again I'll get flamed for saying shit like that because like Shanks, Oda can do no wrong and is a perfect individual just like Mr Beast too. Oh wait.

Last edited:
He abandoned it like Yasopp did to Usopp ofc, Shanks and Uta too.

:ronalaugh::vistalaugh::rolaugh::beanmean:

:risitameh:

Of course, that egg will go straight to the pile of scrapped Ideas 2.0 which Oda will give us after we specutaled about it for many Years, why am I expecting anything else?

But on the slim Chance that it won't, I couldn't even guess for what Oda would use that. If this were to be an Elbaf mystery, looking at that image you posted earlier, there are so many possibilities to choose from. Norse Mythology has so many awesome creatures.

Kizaruber Eats

Ion Fury the game is ridiculously fun and good!
I swear it would be so fucking funny if Devon as Saturn walks into Mariejois all cocky and then Garling strikes her down in a single stroke.
Similar energy:

:risitameh:

Of course, that egg will go straight to the pile of scrapped Ideas 2.0 which Oda will give us after we specutaled about it for many Years, why am I expecting anything else?

But on the slim Chance that it won't, I couldn't even guess for what Oda would use that. If this were to be an Elbaf mystery, looking at that image you posted earlier, there are so many possibilities to choose from. Norse Mythology has so many awesome creatures.
Tbh I had hoped it would be the last living western dragon, we had clones of western dragons at Punk Hazard that Vegapunk did but Oda never said anything more about it. Western Dragons have been known to hoard and guard treasure in caves and such, we saw it with the Hobbit with Smaug ofc. And since Elbaf will be all about Western Fantasy and Fairy Tales, (Finally Gildarts will appear in One Piece lmao), it should have western dragons there too. We've had eastern dragons in Wano now ofc. My headcanon was that the egg hatched and became a dragon which Scopper is looking after in Elbaf or somewhere else like Lodestar at least. Dragon eggs tend to be scaly and look different though? Spotted eggs tend to be used for dinosaurs/jurassic stuff or birds I believe? Well birds are their descendants anyway ofc lol.

Aside from that idk, we still got that mysterious man who met Scopper and seemed to be from Wano. Burned Mark Man? That one silhouette on who will get the One Piece from that double spread recently? Or and the man waiting for the SHs on Elbafs shore? We also had a man who looked like what Scopper would look like now reacting to Whitebeard at Marineford from somewhere in the world, the manga and anime put emphasis on him as if he were important and Oda gave him such a detailed design. Why would he do that for such a random, irrelevant character?

But yeah as you said, probably scrapped ideas, a graveyard for many ideas Oda has buried like the 20 scrapped film plots for Film Red which would have been AMAZING and some of them we've wanted in the main story for YEARs now, over a decade even at minimum! Same with Zoro and Ryuumas grave, Zoros family and 2nd/more backstory etc.

Oda admitted he changes the story when people guess what hes planning, when theories get too close to home too, which doesnt help. His egomania and desperation to be number 1, the never ending enigma, the unsolvable mystery, the permanently unpredictable, always one step ahead of you genius is intoxicating and insufferable.

Isn't it fucking convenient we never saw Bartos barrier vs the Rat and his crew? Can't let his precious rat look bad vs a barrier like he did to Oden!

Last edited:
oh...

Everyone here has a reaction except Lilith. If the vegapunks have the ability to capture devil fruit users, then she probably has the ability to separate them as well. :kata:

They don't believe it
The pride won't let them admit, just like zkk
Just spam rat and poison memes to hide the tears
:pepehawk::pepebuggy::pepecroc:
zkk maybe, but not Mihawk being better than shanks. That more of a fact. Oda has no choice but to keep. Shanks might have more fans than Mihawk, but Zoro does exist.
The King of all swordsman :zosmug:

Last edited:
Tbh I had hoped it would be the last living western dragon, we had clones of western dragons at Punk Hazard that Vegapunk did but Oda never said anything more about it. Western Dragons have been known to hoard and guard treasure in caves and such, we saw it with the Hobbit with Smaug ofc. And since Elbaf will be all about Western Fantasy and Fairy Tales, (Finally Gildarts will appear in One Piece lmao), it should have western dragons there too. We've had eastern dragons in Wano now ofc. My headcanon was that the egg hatched and became a dragon which Scopper is looking after in Elbaf or somewhere else like Lodestar at least. Dragon eggs tend to be scaly and look different though? Spotted eggs tend to be used for dinosaurs/jurassic stuff or birds I believe? Well birds are their descendants anyway ofc lol.

Aside from that idk, we still got that mysterious man who met Scopper and seemed to be from Wano. Burned Mark Man? That one silhouette on who will get the One Piece from that double spread recently? Or and the man waiting for the SHs on Elbafs shore? We also had a man who looked like what Scopper would look like now reacting to Whitebeard at Marineford from somewhere in the world, the manga and anime put emphasis on him as if he were important and Oda gave him such a detailed design. Why would he do that for such a random, irrelevant character?

But yeah as you said, probably scrapped ideas, a graveyard for many ideas Oda has buried like the 20 scrapped film plots for Film Red which would have been AMAZING and some of them we've wanted in the main story for YEARs now, over a decade even at minimum! Same with Zoro and Ryuumas grave, Zoros family and 2nd/more backstory etc.

Oda admitted he changes the story when people guess what hes planning, when theories get too close to home too, which doesnt help. His egomania and desperation to be number 1, the never ending enigma, the unsolvable mystery, the permanently unpredictable, always one step ahead of you genius is intoxicating and insufferable.
A Dragon Egg would definitely fit and be interesting too, especially in an arc that's about fairy tales. As you mentioned, we have already seen a few in the Story. I am certain, we even had a Filler in the Anime that involved Dragons very early on. Something about eternal life, I forgot the whole premise of that. (anyway, it was just filler)

I am with you on that part, that if this egg didn't hatch before Roger's execution, he most definitely entrusted it to someone close. Scopper Gaban wouldn't be too far-fetched, but Then there are people who believe they left this egg somewhere on their Journey along the way to hatch safely, Laugh tale?

Loadtstar is also still a mystery to me, and something that is still bugging me to this day is when Roger mentioned that nobody ever reached it except for them, how come? It's the final Island you can reach following the Log Pose.

What makes this place so unreachable? Is it just that Pirate Groups decimate each other so much that nobody, ever comes close to it, or is there "something" that makes it "impossible".

As for the silhouetted Person waiting on the shores, well some people want him to be Scopper + the man marked by flames + the Guy that was sitting with Crocus in the Cover Story all at once. It would certainly make things easier to have so many differently depicted people being the same Person, but I can also see them being unrelated. After all we havn't seen any signs of that pitch black Ship yet, that this man marked by flames is supposed to sail on. Only his "alleged" Powers to create whirlpools could fit into the recent events, and be responsible for the disappereance of the Sunny.

But, speaking of Scopper, and the man you mentioned that we saw after the Marine ford War who looked suspiciously "important" I immediately knew who you meant haha, the guy that was used in a thumbnail at least once from many YouTubers. This guy.

He definitely could fit being an Ex Roger Pirate age-wise. That tattoo on his head is definitely sticking out.

But, now that you brought this Guy into my memories again, I just realized he could definitely be the Guy on Crocus Cover Story and the Man waiting on the shores of Elbaf, if it's a Wig he is wearing with that hat on top of it.

I made that Post a few weeks ago where a Japanese YouTuber was pointing out that in Chapter 929 in the Room with Franky and Minamoto who is currently missing in Yamato's Cover Story, there was that exact looking hat thingy with that exact looking hair attached to it hanging on the wall to their right (and it was also blonde in the colored Version). Could this Person be it? Is he trying to cover up his Tattoo with it, hm.

(Link to that colored Panel of mentioned wano hat+blonde wig)

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...tory-the-mysterious-person.59758/post-5615780

Honestly all this Scopper, man marked by flames, and the man waiting on elbaf + the Cover Story talk, confuses me only more lol.

I would like it better, if Scopper is just waiting on Loadstar Island or something, being unrelated to this burn scar man. This tattoo head guy might also never be mentioned again.

Yeah, Oda should have never made it public that he would change stuff when someone guesses something right about the One Piece. That most likely how we have gotten, so many scrapped Ideas to begin with, but who knows for sure. Looking at that positively, it leaves more Material for spin-offs later on.

:pepebusi:

Oh, I forgot to mention that Shiki is also a possible candidate for this Cover Story Guy / the man waiting on the shore of Elbaf, while at the same time both of them could be different people. We are just going with that same looking hat, and the hair for now. But that seems to be a very common thing from Wano. (All just speculation)

Isn't it fucking convenient we never saw Bartos barrier vs the Rat and his crew? Can't let his precious rat look bad vs a barrier like he did to Oden!
It is definitely odd why Oda decided not to show us Bartos barrier against Shanks. Given how, even Oden couldn't breach through it. I mean, maybe it did happen and was just off screened, by leaving it ambiguous one could think Shanks was just too quick for Barto to react. But then again, why not just draw that in a small Panel.

:MonkeighWhat:

Last edited: