Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE, CHAPTER 1126: Taking Responsibility

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
I feel like Shanks’ characterization is a complete 180 from the first chapter. The guy who let himself get beat in a bar full of people all of a sudden cares about his reputation :seriously:
Hard to believe this is the same noble pirate from chapter 1
He's protecting the town here, though
His flag was the shield the town had and some pirates burnt it up. He's gotta show some teeth here otherwise he's a pushover

This makes more sense, BB giving Kuzan credit is one thing, I thought it was very odd/disrespectful for Kuzan to ignore the rest of the BBP when they were getting laid out as well lmfao.
You were just hoping that Oda gives Kuzan all the credit 😂 acting like we didn't see what happened on panel. Oda clearly knows what he was doing when he gave Shiryu such a presence this chapter =>

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
You were just hoping that Oda gives Kuzan all the credit 😂 acting like we didn't see what happened on panel. Oda clearly knows what he was doing when he gave Shiryu such a presence this chapter =>

Lol no, I was shocked Kuzan and Oda went that hard to discredit the rest of them. It seemed out of place to the level where it felt Oda was in on the agenda.

With this translation it just shows Teach is only giving Kuzan credit for taking Garp. But Kuzan being humble. Pretty in line with what we saw.

He's protecting the town here, though
His flag was the shield the town had and some pirates burnt it up. He's gotta show some teeth here otherwise he's a pushover
I get that, but if he wanted to make an example out of Barto he should’ve just wrecked him then leave. Instead he fucks with his head and gives him the false hope that he’s letting them go, only to gun them down when they were leaving:kriwhat:

Nothing noble about this, just lame behavior

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Kuzan being humble? Kuzan was just being honest. Bro was getting beaten before Shiryu messed Garp up. Of course, it was a team effort.
He could have easily just not said anything and taken the praise from BB. Even BB knows only Kuzan could be capable of something like this from his crew. That's called being humble.