Votes: 32 24.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Awful

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not disliked a protagonist character right off the bat as much as I currently dislike Oden. Between completely disrespecting the family of the recently deceased, belittling the dead and creating petty conflict for the sole purpose of creating petty conflict that causes casualties, Oden is just straight up detestable. :tchpepe:

Also just gonna put this out there, but Denjiro seems to be very good as handling money & scamming people out of their money so ‘money lender’ seems like a fitting occupation for him. I mean he literally convinced the store owner that it was in his best interest to pay him for his pot 😂, which is what money lenders do, try to convince you that you have nothing to lose from lending money from them & then they hit u with that massive interest :lusalty:lolz.

I think it’s very interesting that money lending is Kyoshiro’s occupation, so potential similarity between the two? (Father -> Son maybe? 🤔) would explain why Orochi’s retainers said Kyoshiro was tryna gain Orochi’s trust by killing Komurasaki to preserve his honour
No, rather Denjiro had escaped to Nami's birthplace had a wife and she had Nami.... lol

I have not disliked a protagonist character right off the bat as much as I currently dislike Oden. Between completely disrespecting the family of the recently deceased, belittling the dead and creating petty conflict for the sole purpose of creating petty conflict that causes casualties, Oden is just straight up detestable. :tchpepe:
I think thats definitely okay, it's Oda's job to now build him to the character that will gain the respect of his country and the fans as well.

But also incase you missed it, it was revealed that Oden was actually friends with the deceased guy, it wouldn't surprise me if we find out later that Oden boiling Oden on his cremated remains and sharing a drink was some inside thing or inside joke between Oden and Katsuzo.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Is it just me or is Oden the biggest Gary Stu that Oda ever made? I dunno I can't take him seriously
Not really. He's faced consequences for his misdeeds (getting disowned), he changes over the course of his life (from the pest he grew up as to the loved and respected man he became), and he even dies without achieving his goals. If he was a Gary Stu that stuff wouldn't happen :kayneshrug:

For the first time in years I might consider starting to skip chapters again. Oden.... he's dead. We learned about him through Kin'nemon and other character's stories already and I fail to see the point of this flashback except to wank a character we will never see in present action. Starting off the third arc with a cliffhanger and continuing with a damn FLASHBACK STORY... as if Wano wasn't terribly paced already
:seriously:
Three simple reasons:
1- More info about Toki
2- More info about WB and Roger
3- Info about Kozoki clan which is tied to why the border is closed, some ancient history stuff

If all three reasons aren't good enough, then I don't know why are you watching the series to begin with haha, afterall, it's tied to many serious mysteries in One Piece

Charlotte LinLin

The voice of Jinbei stans 😊
Three simple reasons:
1- More info about Toki
2- More info about WB and Roger
3- Info about Kozoki clan which is tied to why the border is closed, some ancient history stuff

If all three reasons aren't good enough, then I don't know why are you watching the series to begin with haha, afterall, it's tied to many serious mysteries in One Piece
One thing it's called different opinion, not everyone stans Wano like you. And honestly I can understand Milous point of view. Aside of that, the argument "why are you even watching the series if you don't like that and that" is just ridiculous. Personally I am not invested in Wano at all and just wait for it to end as it stays a big disappointment for me this far.

H

Homelander

That is not scooper gaban dude. What’s the obsession with scooper? Had his name ever appeared in the manga? Why I see his name pop up everytime someone new is being revealed? Do you think we’ll meet another prominent roger pirate after we already met the first mate? Does that seem like odas writing to you
Post automatically merged:

Hiyori and tengu noticed it and that’s enough. Kin’emon only cared about Shusui
Kinemon not noticing is a bull. Werent they like pals. Denjiro and kinemon had friendship over 40 years he should have recognised it or either oda messed up .

One thing it's called different opinion, not everyone stans Wano like you. And honestly I can understand Milous point of view. Aside of that, the argument "why are you even watching the series if you don't like that and that" is just ridiculous. Personally I am not invested in Wano at all and just wait for it to end as it stays a big disappointment for me this far.
I get that, but what makes you think next arc will be more tolerable for you?
At the very least we know who are the major players in this arc and it's big considering the characters who will participate in the war.
Next arc??? no freaking idea!
So, personally, I understand your view, but I think it's too soon to judge an arc as a whole while all what we are in so far is "set up" for the war.
It's not fair in my opinion.
But again, you're all free to critisize it as you wish.

Let's just hope Oda doesn't listen to your complaints and rush its ending the same way the fans annoyed the hell out of him about finishing WCI and moving to Wano to begin the year with it.

H

Homelander

It is a flaw, but not a very big flaw. Kin'emon recognized Shusui because it is the most famous sword of Wano. On top of that, now we know that it is a black blade (and there is a scarcity of those). So it is easy for Kin'emon to recognize it.

Wado on the other hand is no more famous than Enma. And we saw that Kin'emon et al. don't react to Enma or Ame no Habakiri.
Thats a fair point.Enma is not yet a black blade but still very powerful that made zoro forcefully use haki.

I am surprised why oden never mastered black blade? That does mihawk way better swordsmen than oden i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.