Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best chapter of the flashback so far. Young Nekomamushi is hilarious and cute. WB’s original crew looks pretty interesting, makes you wonder what happened to the members we hadn’t seen before now. Marco was essentially Shanks when Shanks was on Roger’s ship, it looks like. Oden is an odd dude, demanding to be on Whitebeard’s ship like that, he was clearly caught off guard. Doubt WB beat him with a tremendous amount of trouble, even then, though it’ll be interesting to see how much stronger he was than Oden back then.

It's cool to see this stuff, but the fact that we have to wait so long to get to Kaido and Big Mom vs. Luffy, kind of ruins it. It's like eating vegetables, before you have desert.

I mean we have 4 flashback chapters, and we're still FAR from the Roger and One Piece part of the Oden flashbacks, which editors mentioned is coming.

seeing the scabbards training to be the best samurai in wano because oden was on track to be the shogun kind of implies kyoshiro is currently the best wano has to offer being the guard of the shogun.
"a servants duty is to protect their master"- denjiro
the guard dog comment makes a little bit more sense now. The only problem is , is kyoshiro loyal to orochi?

Denjiro still going on about finances, and even educating others. How people could deny he's Kyoshiro is beyond me.

Why would Oda, go out of his way TWICE, in a flashback about Oden in a manga about Luffy, to emphasize something as trivial as a character money handling ability for a side character? Kyoshiro was literally introduced as a "money changer".

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
This is easily the best chapter of the flashback, thus far. It's nice to see the contrast between the Scabbards at the start of the chapter and at the end. They were a rowdy, unorganized group, with no set plans.

But then that fantastic montage reel of them making all those improvements, both as individuals and fighters hammers home the devotion they hold for Oden. Which brings me to the overarching themes of the arc; loyalty. Everything down to Luffy's alliances, the traitor, Big Mom/Kaido's alliance, Orochi's betrayal, etc, they all coalesce to the idea of loyalty and fealty. And Oda has this crafted around the motif of historic Japan. A time of Samurais, Ninjas. Where this very concept of duty and honor are tantamount. It's amazing. The 9 Red Scabbards and Oden themselves are kind of like a proxy of the Strawhats. The words echoed by Yasu drive this home.

The Strawhat Pirates will work hard towards becoming the best crewmembers for Luffy's sake, for him to become the Pirate King.

We're seeing all these groups like the Scabbards being torn apart by time, and torture, seeing their devotion tested to such lengths. This even extends to other WG crews like Hawkins, who cares not for his subordinates and sees them as disposable, Law, who's crew failed to live up to their captain, and now Kid's is falling apart, as he tries desperately to bring them together.

Doing right by your lord, trusting your lord, giving back to your lord.

And to think, the timeskip began under the backdrop of the Strawhats training for eachothers sake, specifically Luffy's. Then the first major saga of the New World connects back to this arc, and all the aforementioned themes and messages. Oda has been playing the long game with this. I'm honestly impressed. If the rest of the flashback chapters are this resonate, we're in for something truly special.

Last edited:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Denjiro still going on about finances, and even educating others. How people could deny he's Kyoshiro is beyond me.

Why would Oda, go out of his way TWICE, in a flashback about Oden in a manga about Luffy, to emphasize something as trivial as a character money handling ability for a side character? Kyoshiro was literally introduced as a "money changer".
he is educating people and cares about the finances, kinda like leading a.... Dojo?
It is Koushirou dude.

I

Inspector_Mu

Lol Marco could barely stop himself from falling over when WB and Oden clashed.

This chapter proved that Marco wasn’t important during Roger’s Era. He was just a cabin boy / apprentice. That’s why Shanks never met him before.

The WBP were never equal to the Roger Pirates. It was just WB = Roger. The WB Pirates are equal to the BP and BMP, not a step above. All three crews formed at the same time. Even the future YC1s of the WBP and BMP were young boys still on the rise back then.
Dont say this lol WB pirates wankers are crying

It was obvious when Oda made WB BM kaido all in the same crew, all 3 started being famous 33 yeats ago at the same time.
Their current Commanders were still rookies back then. ESPECIALLY Kaido took years to reach Yonko level after BM and WB and his crew were not hyped.
BM at least has her family called the strongest
WB crew never had been called strongest nor did they have that hype.

It was WB ~ Roger, Oden ~ Rayleigh , the rest of roge pirates had advantage.
When Oden left. WB crew became even way weaker.
There is a reason why they say WB equalled Roger not WB pirates equalled Roger pirates .

Marco Willpower was never great... as a rookie he cant even survive CoC blast that much, this is why he quit piracy after losing badly. Even chopper could survive BM CoC.

I forgot THIS CHAPTER KILLED : MARCO WAS FIRSTMATE, MARCO WAS OFFICIAL RIGHT HAND (HE WASN'T, THE PEOPLE SAW HIM AS ONE BUT OFFICILALY WB NEVER CALLED ONE OF HIS SONS RH), MARCO WAS VC, MARCO IS SPECIAL LOL NO COC NO STRENGHT HIGHLIGHTED AS DOFFY EVEN.

S

Shura

Well for starters, it is great chapter

The relationship between scabbards and Oden has been exposed well.

Chibi Kawamatsu, Inu and Neko are really adorable.

Lol mountain god is still alive and kicking.

So Yasu disbanded Orochi already?

Last page with WB is interesting and flashback is going at good pace.

It seems WB didn't have his DF yet. And that clash between WB and Oden is so amazing and looking badass. Oden is fucking chad.

Now I am eagerly waiting for the appearance of Toki.

Hope, Oda goes at fast pace without missing important details.

3.5/5 chapter

:finally:Oda once again throwing in small details

Kawa's sad backstory on why he calls himself a Kappa :josad:

Yasuie giving them the resources and knowledge to become retainers:josad:

The half moon on the retainer's clothes

The mountain god with the stitches, then carrying Oden's precession

Of course the WB Pirates

And finally this little nugget:
Thats not mountain god thats its son mountain god junior lol....yeah its cute to see okiku learns some manner...
Post automatically merged:

Wait wtf.... the boar survived??? How??
Thats its child mountain god Jr

I

Inspector_Mu

Best chapter of the flashback so far. Young Nekomamushi is hilarious and cute. WB’s original crew looks pretty interesting, makes you wonder what happened to the members we hadn’t seen before now. Marco was essentially Shanks when Shanks was on Roger’s ship, it looks like. Oden is an odd dude, demanding to be on Whitebeard’s ship like that, he was clearly caught off guard. Doubt WB beat him with a tremendous amount of trouble, even then, though it’ll be interesting to see how much stronger he was than Oden back then.
Where was WB caught off guard ? He saw oden coming, he had his stance ready and both exchanged a blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.