Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Awful

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
So far Oda only gave the title of "great pirate" to yonkos. So interesting that he decided to give it to Roger at this point when Whitebeard was only referenced as "captain of the Whitebeard pirates"

That means that Roger had the edge as a pirate over Whitebeard at this point(probably due to God Valley event), but i'm loving the implication behind this since it goes in hand with my assumption that Whitebeard caught up to Roger after battles with him earning his scars

It's also interesting to see Oda drawing the rivalry between both crews with the Whitebeard pirates news overshadowing Roger pirates news to the point of them being jealous of it

:yearight:

And now, Roger is aiming at meeting the "samurai" Oden, which could potentially lead to the start of the battle rivalry between Roger and Whitebeard

Please Oda don't off-panel it

Also loved the development Oda is doing with Oden's adventure that is also in a way showing the Whitebeard pirates adventure comparatively to Roger's, at a period he had no illness

By the way, Oden was in awe of Whitebeard's power

:steef:

On the other hand, Whitebeard wanted to show his "brother" the greatest adventure he had ever seen, likely leading to the first meeting between Oden and Rayleigh. Always wondered who was fighting Rayleigh when Whitebeard was fighting Roger, so with Oden's involvement, it makes more sense

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Lol, Oden was great in this. His entire demeanor changed the moment he had the chance to set sail. At first, he was grumpy and irritable due to being cooped up in a small country. He now gets to let out his true nature and enjoy the world. And I agree with him, the world is big and wondrous. You never get the sense how small you are until traveling outside. And as someone who's done a fair bit of traveling in my life, seeing the difference in culture and environment across places is a joy. This really was a chapter that felt like One Piece to a T. The romance of adventure is palpable.

These panels were amusing. He's like a kid in a candy store.

We finally get our first full look of Toki, and she's, ehh. Idk, her character seems flat, so far. Hope she's developed a bit more, but considering how Oden focused the flashback is, and how many more characters will show up/take up attention, this is the best we'll probably get. The least I could hope for is some insight into the void century.

Really glad the Whitebeard pirates are getting some development as well, particularly Newgate, Marco, and Izo. Izo is exactly like how Ace was at the start. Wouldn't surprise me if Newgate has had to deal with this with every son he's recruited.

Last edited:
If he don't oft-panel it, im sure he gonna hyping it up at the Jump festa. As every year we get one panel of the next chapter in Jump festa(at least last year we get one), showing a panel with Roger vs Whitebeard would hype up the whole jump festa. I really hope he do it as gift/present for his fans in this year.

This is the best chance to ending this year with a big bang, everyone waiting since the teaser back then from Whitebeard flashback with Shanks and Buggy, that we gonna see the duells between Roger and Whitebeard.

It would fit to the panel where even Sanji was shocked when he hear Oden life from Kinemon. Whitebeard vs Roger and Oden vs Rayleigh,we don't even need full fights, just one chapter about the whole event is enough.

Im really looking forward for this event and I really hope that Oda don't offpanel it as he did with Ashura vs Oden.

Oden was ready to give up his dream of joining Whitebeard to save a random crying woman. He really is the Sanji of the Roger/WB Pirates.

Just noticed this on my second read ( sadly on mobile). Marco seems to already have his devil fruit.

On the second panel of Page 17 (jaiminis) where Oden is on fire there's Marco flying after him, that should definitely be him, right ?
His wings also look like they're made out of flames.
Yaaah, it's definitely his devil fruit. An apprentice with super rare devil fruit, that's Marco for you.

Im sure their was ton of stuff in that 346 pages who speak about Xebec and the God Valley incident, right after the chapter come out, im sure many threads get open(speculation about the incident and other stuff come out too) too. Of course it fall down when big bounties as from the Yonkou/Whitebeard/Roger come out, but that thread back then had anything in the discussion.

I think the people right now just enjoy the stuff and wait for more stuff.
This isn´t only WG problem, in all sites the discussion outside of the powerlevel shit and other things aren´t very active aswell.
It's the basic and really sad reality in literally any talkshow (sport etc.) or internet forum:

Hot takes, baiting and shouting at each other (generally headlined by massive meatheads) generate the most clicks by far.

That's why literally everything on this forum (and the other forums as well) is about ridiculous powerlvl nonsense.

Discussing the currently awesome story, world building and lore sadly doesn't have a place anymore.

This chapter pretty much confirming Marco has no CoC, as evidenced already by Marineford. Katakuri is really a special type of commander.
Marco fans: “Katakuri having CoC and Awakening doesn’t put him above Marco since Marco could have them too. In fact, Marco is a level above other YC1s.”

*Manga confirms that Marco doesn’t have CoC*

Marco fans: “Well he’s still stronger since he was a part of the WBP and was the first mate who fought with Rayleigh.”

*Manga confirms that Roger Pirates are way stronger than WBPs besides WB and Oden since Marco, Jozu, and Vista we’re just cabin boys*

*Manga also confirms that BM, WB, and Kaido all formed their crews at the same time, implying that the crews are all very close in strength, which means Marco isn’t a level above Katakuri*

Marco fans: “Look, I just like Marco more because he has a cool Phoenix ability. I’ll just say that he’s stronger because the Gorosei said he is even though this stupid argument has been debunked over and over again.”

So far Oda only gave the title of "great pirate" to yonkos. So interesting that he decided to give it to Roger at this point when Whitebeard was only referenced as "captain of the Whitebeard pirates"

That means that Roger had the edge as a pirate over Whitebeard at this point(probably due to God Valley event), but i'm loving the implication behind this since it goes in hand with my assumption that Whitebeard caught up to Roger after battles with him earning his scars

It's also interesting to see Oda drawing the rivalry between both crews with the Whitebeard pirates news overshadowing Roger pirates news to the point of them being jealous of it

And now, Roger is aiming at meeting the "samurai" Oden, which could potentially lead to the start of the battle rivalry between Roger and Whitebeard

Also loved the development Oda is doing with Oden's adventure that is also in a way showing the Whitebeard pirates adventure comparatively to Roger's, at a period he had no illness

On the other hand, Whitebeard wanted to show his "brother" the greatest adventure he had ever seen, likely leading to the first meeting between Oden and Rayleigh. Always wondered who was fighting Rayleigh when Whitebeard was fighting Roger, so with Oden's involvement, it makes more sense
Only WB and Roger were fighting each other. Their crews weren’t involved. If they were, then Scopper Gaban would solo the rest of the WBP besides WB and Oden

Roger is the goat so it makes sense. He is even more than just a great pirate.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I really need to see Rayleigh flexing on the WB pirates next chapter. Only to find out the WBP have someone who is actually worthy to fight him.

I'd probably be more hyped to see a Rayleigh vs Oden clash than anything tbh.

If WBPs and Roger pirates ever clashed, Rayleigh by himself would probably mop up the entire crew minus WB, that's the kind of vibe I'm getting atm.

Doubt anyone but Roger and WB were seriously going at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.