One Piece Chapter 966 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Luffy will be surpassing Garp as the strongest fighter type, I'd take it Garp was a tier above Roger too then?
You are debunking yourself here. Zoro wants to be the strongest swordsman ever, but he never took Roger's name into his mouth even once. It was never debatable for him to be greater than even Roger. It is Luffy who wants to surpass Roger. It's all the people around Luffy who compare Luffy to Roger.

Roger is not a swordsman. He is also a fighter.
Me swinging my fists in a bar also doesn't make me a boxer.

Yep I see the difference you're talkin about now. Roger was excited me to samurai and he got the chance to meet one he immediately showed off his power. That was a named haki attack.

Well Mihawk didn't even take his battle with Vista serious. No named attack, no haki. He didn't even look at or focus on Vista for most of the battle. he doesn't even look happy, while Vista is excited to fight him.

Thanks for pointing that out again.
Post automatically merged:

That was already disproven with Mihawk struggling with Vista while Shanks is a Yonko. Shanks became a Yonko 6 years ago, while he fought Mihawk before he even met Luffy, more than 12 years ago.

Mihawk blocked by Crocodile.

Big Mom took out queen without Haki or her devil fruit easily

Mihawk never faced Yonko Shanks.
More headcannon.
Post automatically merged:

You are debunking yourself here. Zoro wants to be the strongest swordsman ever, but he never took Roger's name into his mouth even once. It was never debatable for him to be greater than even Roger. It is Luffy who wants to surpass Roger. It's all the people around Luffy who compare Luffy to Roger.

Roger is not a swordsman. He is also a fighter.
Me swinging my fists in a bar also doesn't make me a boxer.
Because Mihawk is currently the world strongest swordsman. Roger is dead.

Last edited:
Yep I see the difference you're talkin about now. Roger was excited me to samurai and he got the chance to meet one he immediately showed off his power. That was a named haki attack.

Well Mihawk didn't even take his battle with Vista serious. No named attack, no haki. He didn't even look at or focus on Vista for most of the battle. he doesn't even look happy, while Vista is excited to fight him.

Thanks for pointing that out again.
You make it sound like Vista was serious or used Haki or a named attack. Vista was even more casual.

Also, Mihawk wasn't distracted "most of the time". He had an inner dialog for 2 seconds while being fully aware of Vista. A casual Vista.

The story is about Luffy inheriting Roger's will and surpassing him. The whole story consists of parallels between Roger and Luffy. But sure, it's about Zoro surpassing Roger.

We officially reached a point in the fandom where people are arguing EOS Zoro > Roger.
Roger - Luffy is a connection of finishing the fight against the World Government and bringing upon a new era. That has nothing to do with Luffy's strength or determining luffy's ranking as a fighter. Luffy will surpass Roger in piracy. That has no bearing on who Luffy is surpassing when it comes to actual power.

I can give you a break down of who are the individuals that Luffy's individual abilities are the most alike (if you want).. the answer certainly isn't Roger.

The notion of EoS Zoro > Roger is only unthinkable to individuals who have Whitebeard & Roger in this God-like tier where only the few chosen one can touch them. For individuals like myself who view Garp/Sengoku/Whitebeard/Shiki/Rayleigh/Roger all on the same realm, as they've been portrayed to be, Zoro surpassing Roger & the other's is only inevitable. And Zoro won't be the only one, the likes of Kidd (if he survives for that long)/Sabo/Smoker/etc will all be surpassing the likes of Roger and such when it comes to individual strength.

I simply don't hold Whitebeard & Roger in a special glass ball tier.

Whitebeard was labeled as the king of the sea, that ruled in front of the throne. The equal of even Roger. Not "even Kaido". Let alone "even Mihawk".
All you're establishing is that the golden era stood above the mid-era, which is something I'm not going against, since I'm a firm believer of Golden Era top tiers high-diff present day top tiers.

What you need to prove is how Whitebeard & Roger stood a tier above Garp/Sengoku/Shiki/Rayleigh. Be my guest, what you said above has no relevancy in proving they were a tier above the ones mentioned.

You make it sound like Vista was serious or used Haki or a named attack. Vista was even more casual.

Also, Mihawk wasn't distracted "most of the time". He had an inner dialog for 2 seconds while being fully aware of Vista. A casual Vista.
More casual? Vista was the one who was there to save Ace. To believe he didn't take his battle serious is foolish.

The battle was not long at all it lasted a few panels.

Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsmen. Vista is the one that has to prove he's a challenge to mihawk not the other way around. Vista couldn't even make Mihawk become serious.

It never cease to amaze me how some of you believe a skilled fighter to get into the ring with the number one fighter (champion) in their category. Never touch the champion, never make the champion ever become serious but believe that the contender is equal to the champion.

Looking at the panels, it looks more like Roger launched a physical attack than a cut lol. See how Oden is spitting blood that looks like he was punched in the stomach, and then on the next panel he appears with no cut in his chest, just bleeding.
Sounds like a gust of air than a slash of cut...
You literally see a panel of Roger cuck backing his sword before that.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Can you all postpone the talks about Vista, Zoro and Mihawk for a bit? Or do you want me to make you postpone it?

I don't think TheoryKing is trolling. He believes that.

Jozu is shaking at Shanks' presence. Vista can't stop laughing when crossing blades with Mihawk. It is fair to talk about these odd things.
Just to make things clear, I wasn't talking about the likes of @TheoryKing, who, as far as I can tell, doesn't waste much energy on trolling and the likes of @Topi Jerami and @Admiral Lee Hung who seem to have some talent at trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.