Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 967: Roger's adventure

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure narratively it is a very important chapter but I just don't think the hype from yonkouprod was applicable in this case. However that is just my opinion.
No problem at all with that stance. I actually agree with it.
It's one of those very rare chapters, which are narratively really important, well written and drawn, but still leave you with the thought that it wasn't the epic chapter it was hyped up to (although it was still really good of course).
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact, that we didn't get to see any new stuff (Laugh Tale or the OP weren't depicted, we still have to guess about it) or surprising developments. Everything was more or less like most of us suspected, which doesn't have to be a bad thing though.

Now that I think about it, didn't Big Mom say it was due to Roger's voice of all things, that he was able to decipher the Poneglyp? Same with Rayleigh who indicated that Roger could write in this ancient language due to the VOAT. When Robin asked how he did it, he didn't say there was a guy with them that could read it. But just that Roger hat the VOAT.

Now suddenly Oden is the guy translating.
I doubt that Oda didn't consider Oden in these moments. Oda is too much of a forward planner.
They never implied Roger did the writing, just that he could interpret, via the voice, the poneglyphs

How did the rest of the world find out Roger reached Laugh Tale?
That's what I was wondering the entire time.
How does the entire world know that Loadster is not the last island ?
It's been implied that once you find a way to Raftel that you'll be able to go around the world ending up right back at reverse mountain. The fact that Roger did that was what them know he pulled of the impossible.

It's been implied that once you find a way to Raftel that you'll be able to go around the world ending up right back at reverse mountain. The fact that Roger did that was what them know he pulled of the impossible.
Roger met Oden in the New World. They didn't get back into Paradise through fishmen island as Oden didn't know about it until they got there from the Paradise side. Restarting the journey from the "last island"(the one where you are suppose to find out about the poneglyths and the possible existence of another island requiring you to actually restart your journey) seems more likely than any of the other options to me. Basically from the "last island" you can cross the red line. Also going by what you said that would suggest that they went back into paradise after he became the Pirate King, abandoning Buggy and Shanks then sailed through Paradise and New World all the way to Wano and past it, picked up Shanks and Buggy and then sailed to Wano again to drop off Oden.

this is a crazy crazy chapter I fell I'm so close of knowing the truth, I feel like this chapter confirm some parts of my theories. Oda was right he almost reveled what the one piece is
Post automatically merged:

but just like that the translation is wrong ahahah

Soooo, talking about the Poneglyphs....

One was in Zou - Still there
One was in Wano - Still there (Kaido)
One was in WCI - Still there (Big Mom)
One was in FI - The one that's now missing.

Considering that FI became a WB territory I think WB hid the FI Poneglyphs, and the message that Marco gave to Neko is about that.
Good moment to repost this after Viz came out.

Last edited:
Man, Roger laughing gets me every time, it´s so fitting for One Piece. Everyone is so adamant and focused on the treasure and getting there, with sacrificing countless people, and upon seeing it, the first reaction is to laugh, it´s perfect.

And like people previously said, if Marco really does not come, he will have told Neko the location of the final Road Poneglyph, or something related to Blackbeard, or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.