Spoiler One Piece Chapter 968 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys discussing nonsense while I'm here thinking if Oda will off panel all of Kaido v. Oden or only 99% of it... :catcry:
Pls no...
:pepehands::catcry::catcry:
But be honest I think he didn´t off panel it this time, Oden vs Kaido was already foreshadowed far away from wano arc, in my opinion Oden is the "Tiger" who encounter the Dragon everytime:

Tiger(Oden) vs Dragon(Kaido).
I think this time Oda will show 60-70% of the fight, also we probably see how Oden cut off Kaido.
I think the battle will take two chapters with first chapter Oden having the superiority and the second when Kaido defeat him.

Rayleigh hold his hand to his face to don´t show his tears when Roger left, also he was the only one who look away when Roger leaves, overall it was very hard for Rayleigh to leave his friend here. Very sad and touching scene in my opinion, most like Roger even said something to Rayleigh before he going away.
I'm not gonna die partner.

Or something like that. We had a Rayleigh flashback discussing this moment in Sabaody IIRC.

WTH is this?? for a long time now we have people theorize saying Zoro is the second coming of Ryuuma, Rayliegh,Oden there even is Luffy is Roger,Oden now it's Luffy=Joy boy they're mad:giogio: double standard much ?:pepeke:
But is there any prophecy about Zoro being the second coming of anyone? I think everyone was fine with Luffy being compared to Roger for 20 years of the story but if now it comes out that there's literal plot mechanics dictating it like fate or prophecy then surely there's a difference

Zoro fought Ryuma and Ryuma literally says he would've wanted to have fought Zoro when he was a live and he says that his sword literally prefers Zoro now after that fight to Ryuma himself since you know, Zpro fuckin won...

Now if it's revealed that On Ryuma's death bed he is told of a green haired guy destined to inherit his sword then that's a whole other thing that takes aways re contextualises the thriller bark stuff from Zoro earned the sword by beating Ryuma to Zoro was born to inherit the sword no matter what

Get it?

We had a Rayleigh flashback discussing this moment in Sabaody IIRC.
Didn´t the flashback of Rayleigh was before the day when Roger leave, I think it was the last night where Roger said it?

Fairy tail 100 years quest is actually cool and has better writing than the last arc
Yeah Alvarez arc was a totally mess up, but 100years quest is actually really cool.

Luffy be like gifff me all your powerr upppssss

VOAT, COC, insane lineage

now super rare COO in FS, super rare COA, soon super rare CoC, awakening, Gear

and now he second coming of OP jesus on top of that lmao dude is making Naruto look like some poor scrub in special department

just waiting for the ultimate form "gear 0"
you are justifying your UN

Pls no...
:pepehands::catcry::catcry:
But be honest I think he didn´t off panel it this time, Oden vs Kaido was already foreshadowed far away from wano arc, in my opinion Oden is the "Tiger" who encounter the Dragon everytime:

Tiger(Oden) vs Dragon(Kaido).
I think this time Oda will show 60-70% of the fight, also we probably see how Oden cut off Kaido.
I think the battle will take two chapters with first chapter Oden having the superiority and the second when Kaido defeat him.
Lmao that reminds me if all the dumb Tiger vs Dragon symbolisms and how people were tryna link it to Zoro vs Kaido.

But now Zoro is fricking Shark....a flipping Shark:milaugh:

In term of Design, Okay, Zoro could look like Kakashi without mask and with Green Hair.

But apart from that :
> Kakashi is kind of Nonchalant even in battle
> Kakashi is a smart / strategy type
> Kakashi has big sensibility while Zoro shrug things off

> Zoro enjoy battles and seek battles while Kakashi see them as a necessity

I would say Kakashi look Far more like Sanji than Zolo.

One thing is sure, if Kaido don´t face Oden in next chapter and wait four years until to invade Wano, it shows that even Kaido accept Oden as a really strong threat. I mean from Onigashima to Wano, the distance isn´t really large and we know Oden beating up right now the Beast pirates in Wano, why he waiting for whole four years until making his move?

It just show that he wait until Orochi(asshole) did something and he could have it easier to defeat Oden. In that case I would be surprise that even someone as Kaido use such a trick to take on Oden. Oden was overall a Top tier and not a lower high tier with he destroy in the current timeline. Probably Oden with 100% is equal to Kaido?

With that I agree with @Sentinel with probably the statement that Kaido is the strongest is just a hyperbole.
@Bogard your though, do we gonna see the battle with Oden vs Kaido and would Oden really be such a huge threat for Kaido?

From Reddit:
In the beginning, Oden narrates that after Roger returned from Laugh Tale, Akataro (Shanks) asked him a question and then cried terribly. No specifics on what that question is, but it may be related to how Roger was born too early or his inevitable death.

Interesting note is that Roger now understands why he had to go by 'Gold Roger' rather than Gol D. Roger (this is the part where he laughs while Rayleigh reads the newspaper about how he became the Pirate King).

It looks like Roger disbanded his crew, not only because he's going to die soon, but also because other pirate crews (and Marines?) began targeting them, thinking they had great treasure. They're definitely not a threat; I think Roger just thought it was the right time to say goodbye.

Aww, Roger kindly reminds his crew to drop off Oden at Wano after they drop him off at a "place with no Marines." He also mentions he plans on meeting Whitebeard and asks Oden if Izo plans on returning to Wano, too. It looks like Izo is a part of Whitebeard's family, though haha since he's not going back.

Oden has also learned something very valuable like Roger. He knows now why Wano has been isolated for so long, but no specific reason is given ("There's a reason why Wano is isolated!"). But until the day Joy Boy someday reappears, they must open Wano's borders! This must be the answer Oden learned at Laugh Tale. Very fascinating. Again, no specifics.

Tragically, Oden narrates he was convinced he was not going to die. So when he parted ways with the crew, he laughed instead because they were going to meet again someday

Very cute reunion with Toki, Momonosuke, and Hiyori ♡ Haha the Scabbards are still bitter towards Oden, but the reception at Kuri is surprisingly good, thanks to Toki's hard work and dedication in his absence. Right after she recovered from her illness, she helped people in the town, never gloated that she was the Daimyo's wife, and told everyone the stories about Oden's adventure. Toki, Wife of the Year.

Kiku readily accepts that Izo won't be coming back anytime soon and confirmation about Ashura Doji and Denjiro's current locations. Ashura went off to control the bandits running wild in the area while Denjiro is going around Wano lending money (probably to those who need it). This explains their absence a year before.

Orochi confirmed to have succeeded Sukiyaki as Shogun. Oden is confused as he never thought of Orochi as his younger brother, contrary to what Orochi said, and he already knew Orochi was from the Kurozumi clan. Also mentions of weapon making factories and how men from villages and towns are being dragged there to work.

Orochi gets away with all this (and remains Shogun) because of a pirate named Kaido. There's something the Scabbards are not telling Oden, and Toki suddenly tells Kinemon not to say anything, but Oden demands to hear it. Raizo takes Momonosuke and Hiyori out of the room, and Kinemon reveals that about half a year ago, a man who refused to work at one of the weapons factories was executed alongside his family.

This was the last straw for the Scabbards, who charged into the Flower Capital to confront Orochi, but from behind and at the same time, Orochi had Kaido send his subordinates to Kuri. They attacked the castle to kill Momonosuke (Oden's heir), but Kawamatsu and Inuarashi, who had stayed behind to protect them, fended them off (such badasses).

The defense was successful, but Toki was injured when she threw herself in front of an arrow to protect her children (not specified if Momonosuke) in the final assault. Of course, Kinemon can't apologize enough for what happened, and Oden is distressed. A clarification from the leaks, but it's Oden who says, "Something like this? Toki, have you never heard of my 'old stories'?" Edit: Sorry, I think it's specified Toki protected Momonosuke. Oden says she did well protecting their child (not "children") so it sounds like she took an arrow meant for Momo. Sorry about that!

Cue Oden rampaging in the Flower Capital solo. So cool. The coward Orochi tries to use the Kaido card, telling Oden to think of what will happen to this country if Orochi dies and Kaido is pissed. Oden: "I'll do that after slashing you." Orochi thinks, "That's right, this guy was a crazy bastard!"

*Important note: Oden declares that he knows now how Orochi thinks/acts (he's very devious and sly) so the possibility of Orochi tricking and trapping Oden (so he is executed) seems pretty low to me. I definitely think something else happens to Oden (it may have to do with him protecting his family, the Scabbards, and/or Kuni).

Status
Not open for further replies.