Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 973: Kozuki Clan

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah can see it going different route as Oda is unpredictable like that. We never thought Bellamy will fight Luffy again after his newfound respect and what Doflamingo done to him, but it still happen. Feel the same could happen with Kyoshiro. Not out of him being evil, but more his sins to pay for it as he fights Zoro. Can still happen especially a theory that if he like Canvendish on having uncontrollable side like Hakuba can push it more. Got to see. Though can see him struggling facing Orochi in a fight too with his Mythical Zoan DF. To cut what can't be cut cause his regeneration.
I thought Kyoshiro would be Zoro's Doflamingo/Cracker before he faces King. Orochi can be his Bellamy or something.

Their is one little hint/point in this chapter who at least cut of Kyoshiro/Ashura/Kawamatsu/Inuarashi and Neko from the list of the traitors.
We see Orochi in this chapter and he was totally freaking out and scared, he just want to see the corpse of the retainers, he didn´t get any information. Which means he didn´t really if Kinemon and co really get put 20years in the future, he didn´t get any information and this is the point her. If one of the 5retainer would be the traitor, they would tell Orochi about the 20year timejump, he wouldn´t be at least such scared and in panic about the retainer, the point is that Orochi didn´t really have any information/plan which let cut of Ashura and co from the list.

Which means he most like take his news after the 20years by one of these retainers: Kinemon/Raizo/Okiku and Kanjuro. And their is a reason why I believe that Kanjuro send Orochi the news after he pass the 20 years;

In my opinion these two birds are from Kanjuro df power, he send them to Orochi who finally get his information after waiting 20years without knowing anything. Also in this chapter I find Kanjuro reaction little suspect, did he feel something for Toki? Seeing how he come back while little crying as the only one was kinda suspect, at most that he cry after seeing Toki. Did he love Toki but couldn´t take the fact that Oden had her as waifu so he plan to betray Oden and take Toki to him?

Good way to wrap up the flashback. The only real questions I have left besides the traitor’s identity are what exactly happened to Denjiro in that shack, and what his relationship is with Zoro’s old master, as they look quite similar. Looking forward to getting back to the present next week.
I can't tell if Momo's declaration that he will someday rule the country is foreshadowing for him becoming Shogun or him joining the strawhats. Because Kaidou's comment afterwards seems to contradict it. Now, I really don't want him to join the strawhats but this seems to be set up for Momo finding his own dream that may not have anything to do with ruling Wano. Combined with the parallels of his father sailing with the Pirate King it's possible that he may do the same by traveling with Luffy.
Not going to happen. Luffy’s biggest influence was a man that refused to let Luffy join his crew because he was too young. Luffy isn’t going to let someone in his crew that was younger than he was when he begged Shanks to take him to sea.

I've been wondering. Does Hiyori have VOAT? Or is Oda only going to make Momo the special one of the two siblings? Thinking about the snot nosed brat makes me upset for some reason. I hate him as a character... Especially one Oda has given so much relevance. Are all female character in OP just there to be useless and helpless? Why hasn't Kyoshiro been giving Hiyori secret sword lessons these past 20 years? Why hasn't Hiyroi taken any initiative to become stronger? It's not like she doesn't have the genetics for it. Her father was a complete monster. The same justification will be used for why Momo will be a monster in the future. The more I read and think of this shit the more upset it makes me. Not because of "Females must be strong" but it's just poor writing in general. I gravitate so heavily to female OP characters that have even a shred of competence and strength because they're so rare. Even then, theres always something off and something stupid about them....
She is become the most honourable courtesan, the highest status all woman seek on old Japan era. On this Wano arc, Oda stick to the context of that period, so your idea about how Hiyori should become is out of context.

Read the official version, and the Denjiro part was a bit more clear for me. Basically he was so mad, he contorted his face in the process of venting said anger. It would be great if he was the one who defeated Orochi in the end. :blobevil:
The no. of contenders for killing orochi is ever increasing.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
for the people like me who cant use Viz ("this service is not available in your country"), what are the major points in the official version that differ from the scanlation?? i would greatly appreciate if someone can make a list ^^ thanks!

Well the dude did make lot of people extremely miserable in the past 20 years. I wouldn't be surprised if half of the populace of Wano wanted his head at this point. Denjiro might actually be the one planning to take it though.
He did control himself over 20yrs. He might just be the guy who lands the final blow.

Nah can see it going different route as Oda is unpredictable like that. We never thought Bellamy will fight Luffy again after his newfound respect and what Doflamingo done to him, but it still happen. Feel the same could happen with Kyoshiro. Not out of him being evil, but more his sins to pay for it as he fights Zoro. Can still happen especially a theory that if he like Canvendish on having uncontrollable side like Hakuba can push it more. Got to see. Though can see him struggling facing Orochi in a fight too with his Mythical Zoan DF. To cut what can't be cut cause his regeneration.
Pure fuckery

Status
Not open for further replies.