Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 973: Kozuki Clan

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Denjiro's transformation could have been great if managed properly, but how Oda has worked it feels a bit uninspired. Imagine Denjiro in the loneliness of his room using makeup to disguise himself but having trouble to apply it because the rage will keep him shaking, or an explicit contrast between the peaceful environment of winter and a Denjiro so angry that even melts the snow that touches his hot skin, and so on. I don't know, details with strong rhetorics. The way Oda did it was fine, but lacking for me.

Really enjoyable chapter ^^. The pacing and the overall flow of the chapter was really good and we seem to finally be at the end of this flashback :finally: which was really enjoyable in hindsight but damn, I really miss the SHs and I'm itching to see how the events on Onigashima unfold ^^. I really liked the interaction between Oden & his Kids. It's weird, coz Oden is supposed to be this really badass manly character, which is true, but the things that actually makes me like his character are little expositions into his character like these ^^.

Also speaking of Oden's Kids, Momo might just be a kid but the dude has balls of steel lolz, I'd have prolly passed out foaming in the mouth if I was in his shoes with Kaidou about to drop me off the castle...lolz...Even if the words weren't really from him (can't be helped he's still a kid) the cojones to say that in front of Kaidou deserves praise and I think that it was solely because of that one act of bravery that he survived but damn, Kaidou really has a soft spot for strong willed people doesn't he lolz. Even though he ultimately condemned Momo to die, it at least gave him the option to die together with his family.

Also I enjoyed seeing that one "Number" ^^. Shit looked savage as fck~! and the way it just picked off Inu and Neko as well:steef:. These things might actually be the next in line after the Calamities in the beast pirates~! Prolly like 1 - 10 like people have speculated about. No sign of the flying six in the flashback so these guys are even older with regards to being affiliated with the beast pirates than the flying six are. Plus the flying six are just named after card games and are not really part of the deck of cards. Imagine if these numbers of them are Oars class:eek: or even from his clan. I mean Oars is from a giant demon clan and these guys fit the bill with their horns and size. Anyways I'm proper hype to see what they can do on Onigashima~!

Oh! also the Toki bit was pretty interesting. She says she ran away from the past which is pretty interesting and IIRC, she also said she didn't remember her parents. So maybe Wano was under some sort of affliction during Toki's era and then she tried to see if anything would've changed so she went into the future. It prolly has something to do with the WG gaining control of the world and Wano closing it's borders, still pretty interesting stuff ^^. Also again this prophecy of 9 shadows I think is definitely referring to the SHs with all the talk of Joyboy coming to Wano. Toki was probably referring to the scabbards when she made that prophecy as she knew something big would happen 20 years from that time but it's most likely going to be the SHs who bring the dawn to Wano. I also kinda like how Oda made it feel like Wano's ceaseless night started when Oden died and Kaidou got complete control of Wano, so when Kaidou gets defeated, Wano will technically be seeing daylight again ^^.

Lastly, Kyoushiro's design is dope no doubt but I have reservations about how Denjiro became this person known as Kyoushiro. It doesn't really make any sense. So he screamed all night for several days in a temple and then viola super saiyan 2! :tchpepe: Oda really needs to explain this demon shit. Wonder if there's any lore about something like this tho? :unsure:
Anyways rant aside, Denjiro having to endure kissing up to Orochi for 20 years is harsh. Didn't really feel his pain tbf but understood it. Was well worth it in the end tho, as the fool of a Shogun left his capital at the mercy of Kyoushiro lolz....Access to ammunition, money, food supplies, rebels:pepehands: lolz. All hell is gonna break lose in the flower capital and I can't wait :ihaha:

A

ardym

who is the traitor for sure he is not a scabbard .
i am still not convinced 100 % that Shinobu is innocent :D lol
the other one would be that servant.
and by the way i think this chapter is the last flashback chapter . at the end we have current Hiyori

So... Is Denjiro gonna be the guy who exposes the "spy"? Specially with him asking Hiyori to never bring it up EVEN to allies!
He's also the closest guy to Orochi considering he's his bodyguard, so it will make him have the HIGHEST chance of knowing who is reporting to Orochi all those leaks!
In my post I was wondering on who Denjiro will unleash is wrath and you just answer me :cheers:

I think you right. Denjiro will be the one who uncover the traitors (I think there are at least two traitors). His position next to Orochi will allow him to have this information:watchout:

He will probably fight them in Onigashima:getnappaed:

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Very good chapter.

Knew the flashback wasn't over because of the lack of fading to the present day (and in general too much stuff skipped.) Still isn't over yet btw.

The time Momo hearing the "see the world" speech from Oden being the descent from Skypiea is brilliant. I'm very interested in Hiyori's song. Obviously a Kaguya mythology reference, but with all the hints that the moon is heavily, heavily involved in the Void Century it's another interesting piece of the puzzle.

The middle chunk of the chapter's pretty good as well, mostly just filling in stuff we knew happened (Inu vs Neko, Hiyori and Kawamatsu, Toki, Kaido and Momo). I quite like the design of the guy who presumably killed Toki. Would like if he turned out to be a Tobi Rokko instead of just a throwaway design.

It's the Enma shrine that Denjiro goes nuts in, isn't it? Wonder if he tried to master it in his rage and that's how he failed- I know Toki was given the sword by Oden, I know Hitetsu had it later, but I'm not sure if it's whereabouts elsewise has been said. Even if it's not involved, I do wonder if Oda's going to throw in some Asura/Possessed Sword stuff with him, cause this rage transformation is quite an interesting thing he's thrown in. When we see him lose his cool in the present day it'll be quite spectacular. Clever of him to be the reverse spy, at any rate.

Not really sure what Oda's got left for this flashback now. It's not over, but most of the big stuff has been dealt with. Maybe just Momo arriving on the present day and escaping, because Kaido deciding to go after him for Void Century reasons is the only big thing to tick off.

The way Oda did it was fine, but lacking for me.
It would be far better if we would get hints in the flashback in the previous chapters with Denjiro showing something strange about himself, but we don´t really see much of him or get any hint, like now it come out nowhere how Denjiro had a strange personally with rage, it would be far better if we would see Denjiro struggel in the past with Anger/Rage, so it would make here in the new chapter more sense how he was change in such a away and became Kyoshiro. I also say Oda did it fine, but he could do and bring the personally of Denjiro far better.

The chapter was good but I have to say that I now need my straw hats dose.
Overall the flashback itself is also good but I'm under the impression that oda stretched it a little bit too much. I guess that's how much he likes Oden.

Anyway, the fact that denjiro is kyoshiro pretty much confirmed that the alliance is fine and that they will have more than the 4200 men they previously had. He also probably knows who the traitor is. That's one of the plot point I'm the more eager to know about. Who is the fucking rat?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
It would be far better if we would get hints in the flashback in the previous chapters with Denjiro showing something strange about himself, but we don´t really see much of him or get any hint, like now it come out nowhere how Denjiro had a strange personally with rage, it would be far better if we would see Denjiro struggel in the past with Anger/Rage, so it would make here in the new chapter more sense how he was change in such a away and became Kyoshiro. I also say Oda did it fine, but he could do and bring the personally of Denjiro far better.
We'll probably get a bit more on Denjiro's past later on.

He's pretty obviously a Shimotsuki, for one thing, so we're going to need to find out why someone from Wano's six noble families was wandering around like a street urchin, and why Oden was the only adult he respected back then. Well, not so much why he respected Oden, we've learned that, but why he didn't respect anyone else.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
We'll probably get a bit more on Denjiro's past later on.

He's pretty obviously a Shimotsuki, for one thing, so we're going to need to find out why someone from Wano's six noble families was wandering around like a street urchin, and why Oden was the only adult he respected back then. Well, not so much why he respected Oden, we've learned that, but why he didn't respect anyone else.
I’ve seen a few people speculate that he’s a Shimotsuki - what makes you think that?

Status
Not open for further replies.