Not open for further replies.
B
One Piece - Chapter 975
Title: Kinemon's Plan

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
V1:
https://imgur.com/gallery/DkS5C1P
Cupboard version : https://bato.to/chapter/1420139

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's MangaPlus

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!

Last edited by a moderator:
Luffy using G4 for a ship is either to the « cool effect » or to show that G4 is as casual as G2 now...which implies that he has something else in store now:bamathink:

And yeah, Law and Kidd are probably on Luffy tier because as I said several times, Oda will rather respect the symbolic and the character’s dynamic that he created than respect some fanmade tier list...
The characters are as strong as they need to be. They do not have to prove that they are at this level by accumulating feats, if Oda decide that they are A level they are at A level:watchout:

Law calling Luffy a loser and act like he is better than him was...weird:jay-he:
I get that Oda wants to revive the Sabaody interaction but after Dressrosa and after the several interaction between Law and Luffy the former should not treat Luffy like that. But that is the downside of Oda’s politic about character’s dynamic :jordanmf:

Denjiro saves the day and make Kinemon look like a genius :youcraz:
I don’t know why Oda make Kinemon to be the samurai version of Buggy and Usopp but that was funny:kawak:

Sanji with gloves is classy as fuck :eeke:
Franky outfit :denzimote::denzimote:

Interesting enough the M3 lost they top knot and are back to their usual outfit with a piece more.
Luffy get a cape, Zoro get a new sword at his side and Sanji get gloves. interesting because they will close the « Yonko saga » like this as if Oda was trying to show, via their outfit, that the three of them gaînés something during this saga :quest:

-Luffy’s cape might represent his new stature. He is one of the emperors and he has a 5600 men fleet under him.
-Zoro’s new sword might represent that he get closer to his dream of WSS
-Sanji’s gloves might represent that he has accepted his origins even tho he still hate his family
:bamathink:

In term of character development, that means that they have matured. In term of strength that means that they are stronger now than their Sabaody counter part. Which means that they grew in strength recently : Luffy by mastering « penetration » and by having a new G4 form, Zoro by mastering Enma and having a technic that will use Enma spécificity to the fullest, Sanji by mastering the RS and having a technic that use the RS specificities to the fullest
Really eager to see all that
:hope:

So the pompadour was fake...cool because I prefer Kyoshiro without it:datas:

Can’t wait to see people put Kyoshiro on YC level because of the DC he shown (on « mere wood ») while they have said during years that DC is not a proof of being a YC level character :watchout::leohah::leohah:

Now that all the samurai’s plots are resolve (bar the fightingwise ones) I hope that we will have more insight on the beast pirates. So I expect act 3 to end next chapter a d act 4 to be part fights part Beast pirates flashback:finally::finally:

Wonderful to see everyone coming together.

The Strawhats all one ship again. The alliance is looking so good. I'll miss Brook's Samurai armor and katana, but Franky, Nami, Usopp, Sanji with the gloves, and Luffy with the coat look incredible. On Kid's crew, Killer is hiding for now but it doesn't look like Heat or Wire got SMILE'd. Denjiro is the man for putting together all the lost pieces for the readers and bringing the entire army of 5400 men together in one chapter. I'll miss him as Kyoshiro, but the Denjiro design of chapter 973 is just as badass. I seriously have no idea how these three battleships were expected to sink the Samurai when Denjiro can slice ships like that and Kin'emon is the only DF user. Maybe drunken Kaido was eager to squash some Samurai as part of the celebration after all.

Some SMILE guys (butterfly girl looks as good as a legit Zoan) drop a huge bomb that Big Mom is having a banquet over in Onigashima. It confirms that in fact the alliance had no idea this was going on in advance, and now it's way too late to modify their strategy accordingly. Honestly, with news like that dropped at the final hour I would be tempted to call the whole thing off. You can deal with an increase of fodder to Kaido's side, but throw on top of that Yonko Big Mom and her Commanders? You think they'll appreciate the Strawhats ruining another of her meals? Forget about it, I'm out of here.

I don't know what it is about Kid, but he always manages to rile Luffy up. In Sabaody, he blasted a bunch of marine riffraff with the power of Gear 3rd and Kid made a giant metal arm. Here he destroys a battleship with Boundman and easily changes back, I assume Rebel Punk is an equivalent attack. Nice to get some more insight on Kid's abilities as he propels himself through the air with magnetism. Law talking so much smack, he better be ready to back it up. The Auction House trio is more mad at each other than they are at the presence of enemies lol. It's such a fun dynamic to see this competitive Zoro vs Sanji side of Luffy.

I wonder what the Big Mom news will do the alliance. It seems so hard to believe they might not even be convinced it's true. Are they planning to split up their forces for each emperor? Will they ignore Big Mom and go straight for Kaido and Orochi? Big Mom might not think of Kaido as her best friend and might instead enjoy seeing him killed off, but the banquet celebrating their alliance only just came together. It's far too early for those two to be betraying each other. Big Mom's #1 priority for sure will be going after Luffy and Zeus. Even if the alliance tries to ignore her or reason with her, she sure as hell won't be having it. Thanks to this chapter, it doesn't look like there's anything left to flashback to except maybe how Kid ended up here and I wouldn't mind seeing more Kid. Next chapter, I could see the alliance entering crisis mode but then reassures themselves of their capabilities.

Luffy using G4 for a ship is either to the « cool effect » or to show that G4 is as casual as G2 now...which implies that he has something else in store now:bamathink:

And yeah, Law and Kidd are probably on Luffy tier because as I said several times, Oda will rather respect the symbolic and the character’s dynamic that he created than respect some fanmade tier list...
The characters are as strong as they need to be. They do not have to prove that they are at this level by accumulating feats, if Oda decide that they are A level they are at A level:watchout:

Law calling Luffy a loser and act like he is better than him was...weird:jay-he:
I get that Oda wants to revive the Sabaody interaction but after Dressrosa and after the several interaction between Law and Luffy the former should not treat Luffy like that. But that is the downside of Oda’s politic about character’s dynamic :jordanmf:

I don’t know why Oda make Kinemon to be the samurai version of Buggy and Usopp but that was funny:kawak:

Interesting enough the M3 lost they top knot and are back to their usual outfit with a piece more.
Luffy get a cape, Zoro get a new sword at his side and Sanji get gloves. interesting because they will close the « Yonko saga » like this as if Oda was trying to show, via their outfit, that the three of them gaînés something during this saga :quest:

-Luffy’s cape might represent his new stature. He is one of the emperors and he has a 5600 men fleet under him.
-Sanji’s gloves might represent that he has accepted his origins even tho he still hate his family

In term of character development, that means that they have matured. In term of strength that means that they are stronger now than their Sabaody counter part. Which means that they grew in strength recently : Luffy by mastering « penetration » and by having a new G4 form, Zoro by mastering Enma and having a technic that will use Enma spécificity to the fullest, Sanji by mastering the RS and having a technic that use the RS specificities to the fullest

Can’t wait to see people put Kyoshiro on YC level because of the DC he shown (on « mere wood ») while they have said during years that DC is not a proof of being a YC level character :watchout::leohah::leohah:

Now that all the samurai’s plots are resolve (bar the fightingwise ones) I hope that we will have more insight on the beast pirates. So I expect act 3 to end next chapter a d act 4 to be part fights part Beast pirates flashback:finally::finally:
They're not Luffy Tier, nor are they his rivals. Rivals are people you fight, but as you know Luffy destroys everyone he fights completely. They either end up dead or in jail.

So I'm not sure what Kid will do after Wano as Blackbeard is Luffy's rival.

Also Luffy pre timeskip could destroy marine bustercall battleships with ease without haki or Gear 4 as shown below.

His attacks were stronger pre timeskip as well. Oda nerfed Luffy post timeskip

J

Jo_Ndule

the way you make your chapter analysis are usually chilled to read

Great post.

*Law is currently high high tier at least and top high tier at best. people can hate it like they want.
*Kidd is top high tier at least, Inbetweener at max for now
*Luffy low top of course.

Oda could have just made Luffy use g3 as in sabadoy while Kidd uses his best form/attack & Law his Room
But he decides to make all 3 use their best form/attacks to flex and impress each other

Just like Luffy and Law were equal in Dressrosa....oh wait

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Gotti you lucky bastard :catlewd:

Denjiro making Mihawk and Zoro proud :zosmug:

As I mentioned in the spoiler section, this juxtaposition between Chapters 958 and 975 was brilliant.

All the Strawhats look great. Especially Sanji (and his sexy gloves) and Luffy. I interpreted losing their top knots as a sign they aren't succumbing to Wano's isolationist customs anymore.

Kinemon's master plan was doubly hilarious on the second read. Poor Law devising these intricate plans not knowing no plan is the best plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.