Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
as if franky is worth much

luffy crew has an edge beacuse of Jinbei only
Franky alone can take on all of Law's crew (excluding Law himself)
Jean bart and Bepo would get fucked by his Laser beam
and they can't even hurt his Wapol-metal steal
let alone "shogun Franky"

Monster Chopper can literally fuck them up as well

They will never be able to kill Brook as well or figure out a way to put him down.

Literally most of the SH members can fuck them up... specially when you see "Jean Bart" being defeated by a "no body" who's injured like that mink gorilla... one body slam was able to put Jean Bart to sleep
Law's crew is SCRUB and you can deny that... but it's the truth

I'm thinking Van Auger was used to narrate, "One Piece Chapter 976; The Sanji Sucks Club is formed!!" Notice the speech bubble.
Makes no sense..
but it's funny that he included those characters
Because I can swear that I will be able to create THREE PAGES of characters at least who look down on Zoro though LMAO

I mean... let's not forget that Zoro was captured by Fishmen fodders and put in prison by Hody's army
That's just the biggest L, which came RIGHT AFTER TIMESKIP

Jinbei always knows how to make an entrance. Nice to have all the Strawhats together again. I bet Kidd and Law and super jealous that Luffy got a powerhouse on his side, lol.

I can't believe they let Kanjuro get away though. That was dumb. The first thing Kinemon should have done when the Shs showed up was to emphasize to everyone that Kanjuro betrayed them. Instead he gave the traitor the chance to run, and then the Sh's realized he was a bad guy. Great going there Kinemon!

I appreciate Sanji trying to shield Nami from the arrows and Robin's humor is fun as always. So I enjoyed the chapter overall.

Jinbei always knows how to make an entrance. Nice to have all the Strawhats together again. I bet Kidd and Law and super jealous that Luffy got a powerhouse on his side, lol.

I can't believe they let Kanjuro get away though. That was dumb. The first thing Kinemon should have done when the Shs showed up was to emphasize to everyone that Kanjuro betrayed them. Instead he gave the traitor the chance to run, and then the Sh's realized he was a bad guy. Great going there Kinemon!

I appreciate Sanji trying to shield Nami from the arrows and Robin's humor is fun as always. So I enjoyed the chapter overall.
Honestly I hated Sanji scene LOL
I'm like... if Sanji wants to go save Momo
Why the hell people like Franky who's made of steel or Zoro or Luffy or someone else is protecting Nami from these arrows

Why does Sanji have to return to save Nami when there are many who can shield Nami...
But then again... plot demands Kanjuro to take Momo in the middle of SO MANY powerhouses that can save Momo with ease

Why the hell people like Franky who's made of steel or Zoro or Luffy or someone else is protecting Nami from these arrows

Why does Sanji have to return to save Nami when there are many who can shield Nami...
But then again... plot demands Kanjuro to take Momo in the middle of SO MANY powerhouses that can save Momo with ease
Robin should do this to Kanjuro, would be instantly over.

Robin should do this to Kanjuro, would be instantly over.
LMAO
for real

Also, it would have been VERY AWESOME from Momonosuke to overcome his "height fear" by actually having a chance to jump from that high... and believing in his allies that they will catch him before he falls into water

I would have preferred a scene like that which shows "great character development" for Momo... but anyway.. oda has his own style of writing... we'll wait and see how he will proceed

Sanji doesn't like Momo very much due to all the attention Nami gives the kid. So of course Sanji would rescue her instead, lol. In reality, Oda has the plot set up to rescue Momo in the future and needed a distraction to stop Sanji.

Sanji doesn't like Momo very much due to all the attention Nami gives the kid. So of course Sanji would rescue her instead, lol. In reality, Oda has the plot set up to rescue Momo in the future and needed a distraction to stop Sanji.
It doesn't excuse the retardation the Strawhats cant defend themselves from measly ink arrows. What the fuck do they think they've been through? Nami could of used Zeus Usopp usingbhis pop green to cover everyone... Are they a bunch of pirates or kindergartners.

It doesn't excuse the retardation the Strawhats cant defend themselves from measly ink arrows. What the fuck do they think they've been through? Nami could of used Zeus Usopp usingbhis pop green to cover everyone... Are they a bunch of pirates or kindergartners.
It's call plot contrivance. Oda wanted Momo captured so he made everyone stupid to pull it off. Although you could argue the Strawhats were taken aback by Kanjuro sudden power boost when before they knew him as a klutz. But still Oda fanagled things to make them work out which is why I called Kanjuros escape dumb.

It's call plot contrivance. Oda wanted Momo captured so he made everyone stupid to pull it off. Although you could argue the Strawhats were taken aback by Kanjuro sudden power boost when before they knew him as a klutz. But still Oda fanagled things to make them work out which is why I called Kanjuros escape dumb.
I feel like Oda needs to work on his craft and re evaluate things.

It's not use to think too much about it, it's one of those chapters where Oda makes everyone act stupid because it was needed for plot

It's not use to think too much about it, it's one of those chapters where Oda makes everyone act stupid because it was needed for plot
The problem is by doing so... he makes LOTS of characters who are supposed to be HYPED before this war... look incompetent before heading to this war
Basically it's wrong...
Becuase it doesn't matter if the alliance is going to WIN or get defeated in this upcoming First round of battle... they need to look competent before entring Onigashima

So... again I'm not against Kanjuro escaping with Momo... but Oda could have made sense out of it

Another example is for a bettr way for Kanjuro to escape with Momo... would have been him "NOT saying" that is mission now is to kidnap Momo... and deliver him to Orochi

Rather.. Kanjuro after revealing he's the spy... he takes Momo... and WHEN the alliance tries to get after him... he THREATENS to cut Momo's throat for example... which leaves them a little bit hesitent about whether he is doing that on his own whim to protect himself and escape... or whatever the case may be...
the point is threatening to kill Momo as a way for Kanjuro to GET OUT of that place... is a better way to make anyone makes ANY MOVE

Even if it was a "fast switch" shambles by Law's fruit as example... or Robin growing hands on Kanjruo and snapping him...

They would STILL THINK TWICE before making a counter move if his sword is on Momo's throat... as his means to escape this place safely... and kidnapping Momo basically will not be done as a MISSION... rather it will be something he accomplished by his OWN after his reveal as a spy

That would make more sense to me... also wouldn't make the alliance look bad like in this chapter

The problem is by doing so... he makes LOTS of characters who are supposed to be HYPED before this war... look incompetent before heading to this war
Basically it's wrong...
Becuase it doesn't matter if the alliance is going to WIN or get defeated in this upcoming First round of battle... they need to look competent before entring Onigashima

So... again I'm not against Kanjuro escaping with Momo... but Oda could have made sense out of it

Another example is for a bettr way for Kanjuro to escape with Momo... would have been him "NOT saying" that is mission now is to kidnap Momo... and deliver him to Orochi

Rather.. Kanjuro after revealing he's the spy... he takes Momo... and WHEN the alliance tries to get after him... he THREATENS to cut Momo's throat for example... which leaves them a little bit hesitent about whether he is doing that on his own whim to protect himself and escape... or whatever the case may be...
the point is threatening to kill Momo as a way for Kanjuro to GET OUT of that place... is a better way to make anyone makes ANY MOVE

Even if it was a "fast switch" shambles by Law's fruit as example... or Robin growing hands on Kanjruo and snapping him...

They would STILL THINK TWICE before making a counter move if his sword is on Momo's throat... as his means to escape this place safely... and kidnapping Momo basically will not be done as a MISSION... rather it will be something he accomplished by his OWN after his reveal as a spy

That would make more sense to me... also wouldn't make the alliance look bad like in this chapter
Feels like we're reading a 4kids version of One Piece.

We're about to have a clash between 2 Yonkos and a bunch of ex-Shichibukai/Worst Gen/Samurais. Does anyone think it's safe for Momo to be with the crew instead?

Momo/Hiyori needed to be away because it wouldn't be safe.
Pfft, that means Momo so useless he's better off stuck in a prison somewhere. Wano's future is looking bright!
:suresure:

I'm kidding... I know he's eight. Even Luffy was a liability at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.