Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical first chapter after the break, when Oda doesn't make huge progresses and introduces new minor complications, but still gives a little candy (Jinbe). Kanjuro becoming a bigger factor and opponent was giving me Dressrosa-vibes, which was drawn out by lots of little fights with Doflamingo cronies. (It's good that there subordinates now which are real bosses.)

Last edited:
Man... I voted for "poor" chapter LMAO
I voted great for jimbei's greatness. At first I didn't like him, well I had no opinion about him during MF arc, and even dislike him in fishmen arc but his interactions with the crew especially with nami and luffy and the way he acted in the WCI arc convinced me that he would be a good recruit.
And his comeback is just so badass. It's like he was there for a while already but just waited for the right moment to blow people's minds off.

Man. Haven't read the thread but I had to register an account just to vote "Blew My Mind", these last few chapters have been legendary. Just payoff after payoff. Even Momo finally showed some bravery and said the crew should go on without him and focus on Kaido and Orochi. Obviously Jinbe's the highlight, but Luffy looks SO FUCKING GOOD in that Pirate King/Yonkou coat. Been waiting so, so long to see him wear that. Such an amazing payoff.

Man. Haven't read the thread but I had to register an account just to vote "Blew My Mind", these last few chapters have been legendary. Just payoff after payoff. Even Momo finally showed some bravery and said the crew should go on without him and focus on Kaido and Orochi. Obviously Jinbe's the highlight, but Luffy looks SO FUCKING GOOD in that Pirate King/Yonkou coat. Been waiting so, so long to see him wear that. Such an amazing payoff.
The way he said casually that it didn't matter where the beast pirate's ship goes since they are going the same way :steef:
He knows he is going to kick ass no matter what.
My boy is going to solo kaido despite what supernovas fanboys or zoro's fanboys are thinking, what a feat:myman:

I voted great for jimbei's greatness. At first I didn't like him, well I had no opinion about him during MF arc, and even dislike him in fishmen arc but his interactions with the crew especially with nami and luffy and the way he acted in the WCI arc convinced me that he would be a good recruit.
And his comeback is just so badass. It's like he was there for a while already but just waited for the right moment to blow people's minds off.
I love Jinbe
And I like him becoming a strawhat
and I'm happy he finally joins

But that doesn't mean the chapter is bad/poorly written... it's just fucking bad

But it's typical of oda that the main characters don't handle with an easy situation to create a bigger tension.
And then in the end we have the pay off..
being Typical doesn't mean it's not bad
Like I said... I love jineb joining... but give me a BETTER entrance than him coming out of random for fodder ship.. make it more impactful

I don't mind Kanjuro escaping with Momo... but dude even "threatening to cut Momo's throat" to escape and make the alliance hesitate to attack him is better than this grabage writing...

What I'm saying is the "outcome of the chapter" and the key events are NOT MY ISSUE... it's how BADLY they are executed.. it just undermines the importance of those events...

For now things look good for the alliance with Denjiro's reveal and Jinbei's return but I smell something fishy from afar. Once the Fire Festival raid truly begins things are surely start to go south.

And I understand that. But to me this is not an important chapter. It's just setting up for the next ones.
But I agree that oda should speed up a little bit. It is time go see the big fights.
But this is wrong
An arc is evaluated by ALL OF IT
Not just a portion of it

Set up chapters need to be done piece by piece in the RIGHT TIMING... that's why they are "set up chapters" they are not the most entertaining ones.. but they are SOOO IMPORTANT for the future hype events to make SENSE. Because they are SETTING UP for those hype moments... and a good story is a story that executes those plot points well

What we are asking for is "good writing"... why do we have to just pander and say "oh it's not important" as long as we get the result we want "Kanjuro kidnapping Momo will make more intensity" and Jinbe joining is finally payed off... That's what matters.. but how it's done and set up DOESN'T MATTER

That's the same as saying "Luffy defeats Kaido.. that's what matters.. how he defeats him DOESN'T MATTER, even if it was just by a simple Gatling attack, doesn't matter.. important thing is he defeated him... HYPE..." But does it even make sense to defeat him by base Gatling attack??? LMAO
that's what we are arguing... the execution of those events is fucked up in terms of story writing

But this is wrong
An arc is evaluated by ALL OF IT
Not just a portion of it

Set up chapters need to be done piece by piece in the RIGHT TIMING... that's why they are "set up chapters" they are not the most entertaining ones.. but they are SOOO IMPORTANT for the future hype events to make SENSE. Because they are SETTING UP for those hype moments... and a good story is a story that executes those plot points well

What we are asking for is "good writing"... why do we have to just pander and say "oh it's not important" as long as we get the result we want "Kanjuro kidnapping Momo will make more intensity" and Jinbe joining is finally payed off... That's what matters.. but how it's done and set up DOESN'T MATTER

That's the same as saying "Luffy defeats Kaido.. that's what matters.. how he defeats him DOESN'T MATTER, even if it was just by a simple Gatling attack, doesn't matter.. important thing is he defeated him... HYPE..." But does it even make sense to defeat him by base Gatling attack??? LMAO
that's what we are arguing... the execution of those events is fucked up in terms of story writing
Well you're talking to the wrong then, because anything luffy would use to defeat kaido would be ok for me. I don't care about hype and pis. The mc defeating someone just means he is stronger than that character. Thats when it comes to fight.

Everything else is just oda writing his story to get to the conclusion of the arc, emotions and fights outcomes.

Well you're talking to the wrong then, because anything luffy would use to defeat kaido would be ok for me. I don't care about hype and pis. The mc defeating someone just means he is stronger than that character. Thats when it comes to fight.

Everything else is just oda writing his story to get to the conclusion of the arc, emotions and fights outcomes.
Bruh
I'm not even going to bother to argue here LMAO

Eh, I gave the chapter a great mostly for Jinbei.

I'm getting use to Oda doing weird stuff with the Wano narrative. I could spend paragraphs ranting about how much I disliked the ending of Oden's flashback and other issues I've had with this arc. But those problems have already been cover time and time again on this forum. So Kanjuro escaping is somehow not surprising at this point, and I didn't want that to happen, but it did. :few:

I'm just going to take the bad along with the good and hope the good outweighs the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.