Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now that I have read the chapter, it has to be one of the most boring chapters of Wano to date. A completely "nothing happens" even WITH Jinbei showing up.

The only thing that piqued my interest is that Kin'emon's death is probably being foreshadowed here. I am guessing Tsuru has been captured by Orochi and will be used as a hostage when Kin'emon confronts him. Would be poetic for Kin'emon to die for Tsuru.
Nah Kiku will probably kick the bucket.

If I remember correctly Oda said that the new strawhats would join one after another and who we see cheering Jinbe's arrival with the SH? Carrot!
I don't even like her but it is becoming more and more clear that she will indeed Join and probably after Wano.
To me shes getting super close to that territory:

- Tragic event: this time it just happened in the present

- Possible dream, inherited by the tragic event with Pedro. He wanted to travel with Roger. It only makes sense if that comes full circle with Carrot traveling with Luffy.

- Unique fighter among minks (not a swordsman, hand to hand, nimble combatant). If Wano does not show off controlled sulong forms that fight like Carrot's (compare it to Peckoms, who was a formless, angry blob), them she's in the clear, she's one of the fastest fighters in the series. She fucked with multipled commander level BM characters in minutes. If Brook and Zoro can swordfight, her and Nami can use Lightning/Electricity.

- Unique, female personality not seen anywhere else. Her massive love for adventure.

- Has a unique position to fill on the ship: Lookout. Her and Wanda explain that they basically dont sleep, that they serve both Inu and Neko. She has been shown on the perch more times than any other crew member ever has in the span of 80 chapters with WCI.

REALLY, all Carrot needs is:

- Decent focus in Wano's War
- A revenge battle against Perospero, to solidify her/Pedro's dream
- A means (maybe through Chopper), to harness Sulong when she needs to. Some sort of false moon, aka a Dragon Ball refrence.

I dont even say the above as a Carrot fan, its just what ive observed from the story. She's the closest character sans Jinbe that has had this level of potential.

Last edited:
What a rubbish chapter this was.... am I reading one piece??? or some fan-made drivel??

The plot-induced stupidity in this chapter was unbelievable... the writing on almost everything in this chapter was utterly atrocious on astronomical levels... I would even consider Big Mom's "weeeddding cake" as genius writing compared to this shit... Is this the chapter?? Or is this a lame april fools' joke??

---------------------------------------------------------------

Momo's rescue

There were literally so many characters in the alliance that could've acted in saving Momo, but no-one can do a fucking thing? Luffy, Law.. where the fuck were you guys?? Usopp, Robin.. you were about to do something, yet nothing fucking happened??? Nami, even you could fucking DO something... wind, rain.. anything to remove the cloud. Yet you're just standing there doing nothing?? What is this?? A joke??

And for god sake Nami, stop being a damsel in distress for fucking once... you could've just taken cover from the arrows, but nooooo... Sanji has to rescue you again like a fucking idiot, because you had to stand around doing nothing like a complete retard...

And Sanji, why did you have to save her ass in the first place? Why was that an option, when the whole fucking crew is on board, and Nami could've took cover? You could've rescued Momo, ffs.... Luffy, where the fuck was that G4 that you just casually used last chapter?? Why didn't you fucking fly, you idiot??

To have Momo kidnapped was fine, but to have it executed so fucking atrociously like this?? Is this really Oda's writing?? Because this was so fucking amateurish, coming from him.. it's incredibly retarded..

------------------------------------------------------------------

The distant ship

Same fucking thing... Why the fuck was Luffy saying "we need to get closer" when half the fucking straw hats + the gaon cannon could've raped that fodder ship into oblivion??

Luffy could G4, Sanji could sky-walk, Brook could sea-walk, Zoro could send flying slashes, Franky could launch beams, Usopp can launch long-range projectiles at it, Nami can use her weather.... Kidd could've magnetized if he cared... fuck, even Kawamatsu could've fucking done something...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Jinbe

Why the fuck is he starting to be the biggest Deus Ex Machina this manga ever had right now?? Always coming back to conveniently save Luffy and solve everyone's problems in this precise location, in this exact time, exact place, exact day... I mean, come on now, ffs..

It's like the dude knew exactly the alliances Luffy made, the alliance's plan to go Onigashima, and that he knew they were in trouble to save them at the exact, precise moment they needed to saved.... srsly??

At least make it fucking believable, Oda...

And to have him appear in perfect condition... without a scratch... not even tatters in his clothes.... as if he came back from attending a wedding rather than escape a Yonko territory.. what an insult to Big Mom, lol.

Orochi

Ffs, come on... 40,000 troops are stationed in Onigashima, yet no-one is bothered to pick a single phone call?? Why didn't Orochi have at least one or two soldiers to go on duty... out of the 40,000 fucking troops he has??? He sent 3 squads of Kaido's ships... it's obvious he'd be expecting a call to tell him the job is done... only an idiot wouldn't expect such a thing... so why didn't he?

He can fucking have fun if he wants to... I don't give a shit... but to have the entire 40,000 troops with him fucking celebrate??... he has these guys for his security, not his own personal wank-fest.. he could've stationed a few troops on duty or on the phone or something... for crying out loud..

Reading this chapter was painful...
It's as if the plot contrivances in this chapter were literally punching me in the face..

Last edited:
What a rubbish chapter this was.... am I reading one piece??? or some fan-made drivel??

The plot-induced stupidity in this chapter was unbelievable... the writing on almost everything in this chapter was utterly atrocious on astronomical levels... I would even consider Big Mom's "weeeddding cake" as genius writing compared to this shit... Is this the chapter?? Or is this a lame april fools' joke??

Momo's rescue

There were literally so many characters in the alliance that could've acted in saving Momo, but no-one can do a fucking thing? Luffy, Law.. where the fuck were you guys?? Usopp, Robin.. you were about to do something, yet nothing fucking happened??? Nami, even you could fucking DO something... wind, rain.. anything to remove the cloud. Yet you're just standing there doing nothing?? What is this?? A joke??

And for god sake Nami, stop being a damsel in distress for fucking once... you could've just taken cover from the arrows, but nooooo... Sanji has to rescue you again like a fucking idiot, because you had to stand around doing nothing like a complete retard...

And Sanji, why did you have to save her ass in the first place? Why was that an option, when the whole fucking crew is on board, and Nami could've took cover? You could've rescued Momo, ffs.... Luffy, where the fuck was that G4 that you just casually used last chapter?? Why didn't you fucking fly, you idiot??

To have Momo kidnapped was fine, but to have it executed so fucking atrociously like this?? Is this really Oda's writing?? Because this was so fucking amateurish, coming from him.. it's incredibly retarded..

The distant ship

Same fucking thing... Why the fuck was Luffy saying "we need to get closer" when half the fucking straw hats + the gaon cannon could've raped that fodder ship into oblivion??

Luffy could G4, Sanji could sky-walk, Brook could sea-walk, Zoro could send flying slashes, Franky could launch beams, Usopp can launch long-range projectiles at it, Nami can use her weather.... Kidd could've magnetized if he cared... fuck, even Kawamatsu could've fucking done something...

Jinbe

Why the fuck is he starting to be the biggest Deus Ex Machina this manga ever had right now?? Always coming back to conveniently save Luffy and solve everyone's problems in this precise location, in this exact time, exact place, exact day... I mean, come on now, ffs..

It's like the dude knew exactly the alliances Luffy made, the alliance's plan to go Onigashima, and that he knew they were in trouble to save them at the exact, precise moment they needed to saved.... srsly??

And to have him appear in perfect condition... without a scratch... not even tatters in his clothes.... as if he came back from attending a wedding rather than escape a Yonko territory.. what an insult to Big Mom, lol.

Orochi

Ffs, come on... 40,000 troops are stationed in Onigashima, yet no-one is bothered to pick a single phone call?? Why didn't Orochi have at least one or two soldiers to go on duty... out of the 40,000 fucking troops he has??? He sent 3 squads of Kaido's ships... it's obvious he'd be expecting a call to tell him the job is done... only an idiot wouldn't expect such a thing... so why didn't he?

He can fucking have fun if he wants to... I don't give a shit... but to have the entire 40,000 troops with him fucking celebrate??... he has these guys for his security, not his own personal wank-fest.. he could've stationed a few troops on duty or on the phone or something... for crying out loud..

It's as if the plot contrivances in this chapter were literally punching me in the face..
I agree with Momo's abduction, Kanjuro should have left the same chapter he got Momo.

The rest.....you need to wait until next chapter before we start making these complaints. Kanjuro already is going to end up telling Orochi anyway. Really not a big deal.

It makes sense that Jinbe joins the Straw Hat as Straw Hat is currently a Yonko.

This addition will make Jinbe one of Straw Hat 3 commanders:

- Zoro
- Sanji
- Jinbe

All Yonko has at least 3 commanders:

- Big Mom has 3 Sweet Commanders.
- Kaido has 3 All-stars.
- Black Beard has wow - too many.
- Shanks - don't know much but all of his crew members seem extremely capable to be commanders.

I may be wrong but let me know what you think.

Pretty excited that Jinbe is now official a Straw Hat crew! Look at Kid's face... man... He's jealous!

To me shes getting super close to that territory:

- Tragic event: this time it just happened in the present

- Possible dream, inherited by the tragic event with Pedro. He wanted to travel with Roger. It only makes sense if that comes full circle with Carrot traveling with Luffy.

- Unique fighter among minks (not a swordsman, hand to hand, nimble combatant). If Wano does not show off controlled sulong forms that fight like Carrot's (compare it to Peckoms, who was a formless, angry blob), them she's in the clear, she's one of the fastest fighters in the series. She fucked with multipled commander level BM characters in minutes. If Brook and Zoro can swordfight, her and Nami can use Lightning/Electricity.

- Unique, female personality not seen anywhere else. Her massive love for adventure.

- Has a unique position to fill on the ship: Lookout. Her and Wanda explain that they basically dont sleep, that they serve both Inu and Neko. She has been shown on the perch more times than any other crew member ever has in the span of 80 chapters with WCI.

REALLY, all Carrot needs is:

- Decent focus in Wano's War
- A revenge battle against Perospero, to solidify her/Pedro's dream
- A means (maybe through Chopper), to harness Sulong when she needs to. Some sort of false moon, aka a Dragon Ball refrence.

I dont even say the above as a Carrot fan, its just what ive observed from the story. She's the closest character sans Jinbe that has had this level of potential.
I absolutely agree with everything you said there, couldn't have said any better. I do expect her to fight against Perospero but I am not sure Oda will actually follow this path.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

Momo's rescue

The distant ship

Jinbe

Orochi

Lmao an explosion of warranted negativity. Underrated post.

It makes sense that Jinbe joins the Straw Hat as Straw Hat is currently a Yonko.

This addition will make Jinbe one of Straw Hat 3 commanders:

- Zoro
- Sanji
- Jinbe

All Yonko has at least 3 commanders:

- Big Mom has 3 Sweet Commanders.
- Kaido has 3 All-stars.
- Black Beard has wow - too many.
- Shanks - don't know much but all of his crew members seem extremely capable to be commanders.

I may be wrong but let me know what you think.

Pretty excited that Jinbe is now official a Straw Hat crew! Look at Kid's face... man... He's jealous!
Lucky Roo, Ben Beckman abd Yassop were highlighted by Sengoku in chapter 957.

The distant ship

Well that was the point, that the distance to the ship is too high, which was also to reason to highlight/hype the long distance cannons of the beast pirates lol

Status
Not open for further replies.