Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 977 : "The Party Won't Start Now"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Kidds differences with luffy have been highlighted here. He cares more about the image aspect of killer's laughing and getting revenge than actually curing killer. As he talks about the image of the crew becoming the jolly pirates rather than kaido hurting his friend. I mean combine this with last chapter he is really similar to Gary from pokemon that he has no empathy for his team and sees them as a means to get his goal. I mean it is subtle how Oda has shown this but quite clear. He doesn't care about the samurai being blown up.
I am convinced that in the same scenarios although luffy would feel compelled to seek revenge that it is his empathy that allows him to humble himself in order to ask for help on behalf of his friends. He is willing to change plans time and time again to suit his nakama. So no wonder he attracts nakama compared to Kidd who just cares about his own.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Wow Kidds differences with luffy have been highlighted here. He cares more about the image aspect of killer's laughing and getting revenge than actually curing killer. As he talks about the image of the crew becoming the jolly pirates rather than kaido hurting his friend. I mean combine this with last chapter he is really similar to Gary from pokemon that he has no empathy for his team and sees them as a means to get his goal. I mean it is subtle how Oda has shown this but quite clear. He doesn't care about the samurai being blown up.
I am convinced that in the same scenarios although luffy would feel compelled to seek revenge that it is his empathy that allows him to humble himself in order to ask for help on behalf of his friends. He is willing to change plans time and time again to suit his nakama. So no wonder he attracts nakama compared to Kidd who just cares about his own.
Killer hated his laugh and Kidd has his entire crew openly mimic said laugh with Kidd himself joining in....all so that Killer doesnt feel so ashamed. Its more wholesome than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.