Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 978: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a speculation dummy, but a probable one and actually make sense but unlike you who thinks in a linear way, I'm able to think outside the box. This is probably who things are, Kaido's original crew probably didn't have many strong people but the numbers were skilled at different roles so they managed for a while, but when the other Yonko crews started to be really powerful and with the rise of the red hair pirates, and at that time the big mom children probably got older, so Kaido started recruiting powerful SN each year for 5-7 years plus the smile deal. It does make sense
r/iamverysmart

Some Raw Panels...
Queen: Tobi Roppo~!!
*Silence*
Queen: Sike!! We’ve never gotten a response from them before have we?
Beast Pirates: Gyahahaha
Queen: Let’s ignore that impertinent bunch~!
Queen: Next up, the Monsters~! ‘Numbers’!!!
Numbers 8?: Hachachacha
Numbers 5?: Gokikiki
Numbers 9?: Kunyunyu~Kunyu
Queen: You guys are all over the place!!!
Queen: Orochi’s Group! Let’s go!!! Samurai ~ ‘Mimawarigumi’!!
Mimawarigumi: Yeah!!!

Queen: ‘Oniwabanshu’~!!
Oniwabanshu: Yeah~!!!
Queen: And then finally, seems like our guests for today are pretty close and will arrive shortly!!
text is cut off but it’s prolly something along those lines
Queen: Big Mom’s children~!!!
Beast Pirates?: What~?!
Ulti: That silly Queen is being annoying
If any of y’all have watched overlord, she speaks a bit like the way shaltear does. Noble lady~esque
Ulti: Did you just hear him call the Tobi Roppo impertinent?!
Page One: Cut it out with that way of speaking. Is that some sort of weird personal trend again?! It’s embarrassing
Ulti: That’s only because Pagie~tan gets embarrassed easily♥️.
(Tan is a term of endearment similar to ~Chan but comes across as a bit cuter)
Page One: Stop calling me pagie~tan!!
Who’s who: Per chance, let’s say Queen dies all of a sudden...
page is cut off here so can’t see the rest of who’s who’s talk
Black Maria: You think it’d be you don’t you?
(here Black Maria is referring to who’s who - also the ‘you’ she uses here is sometimes used to refer to someone beneath you but isn’t particularly malicious but rather used with someone you’re close to)
Drake: I’m personally not interested...
Sasaki: Will be weight of my shoulders If you’re gonna pull out of your volition. It’s prolly impossible for Pagie~tan as well.

Ulti: You, if you look down on my Pagie~tan I’ll shred you to pieces. Sasaki!!
a bit of the text is cut of so not sure what exact phrase Ulti used but it’s something along the lines of I’ll kill you
Page One: Oi Stop that already sis!
Ulti: Did you just tell me to stop?!
(for a bit of context here - the word page 1 uses for "stop" is yamero which comes off as a command of sorts, so Ulti prolly gets angry coz page one is using that tone with her even though she's his older sister..given he's younger he should've said something like "yamete~kudasai" which is more polite)
Who’s who: You brats are doing my ears in...
Black Maria: ...my favorite♥️
Text is cut off so only translated a bit of what Black Maria said
Ulti: is it a family issue again? Is Kaidou an idiot or something?

Last edited:
*Silence*

Queen: And then finally, seems like our guests for today are pretty close and will arrive shortly!!
If any of y’all have watched overlord, she speaks a bit like the way shaltear does. Noble lady~esque
Page One: Cut it out with that way of speaking. Is that some sort of weird personal trend again?! It’s embarrassing
(here Black Maria is referring to who’s who - also the ‘you’ she uses here is sometimes used to refer to someone beneath you but isn’t particularly malicious but rather used with someone you’re close to)
Sasaki: Will be weight of my shoulders If you’re gonna pull out of your volition. It’s prolly impossible for Pagie~tan as well.

a bit of the text is cut of so not sure what exact phrase Ulti used but it’s something along the lines of I’ll kill you
Sasaki calling him Pagie-tan lol. The guy is being bellied hard.

Is Sasaki meaning it in a way where he thinks that Drake doesn't have chances to become a calamity anyways or him moving out on his own accord means less competition, obviously meaning that Sasaki wants that spot?

Hopefully the second option :catcry:

Is Sasaki meaning it in a way where he thinks that Drake doesn't have chances to become a calamity anyways or him moving out on his own accord means less competition, obviously meaning that Sasaki wants that spot?

Hopefully the second option :catcry:
I think it's the later ^^

@PuckTheGreat Do the Headliners have the "Gifter Elite" description?
It says "The Chosen Gifters - Shinuchi"

So elite isn't necessarily wrong as it gives off a similar nuance I think.

*Silence*

Korean raws is the only one that translated the chapter with little to no errors, props to them.
btw i think Black Maria is the one who says "That's because Pagie-tan gets embrassed easily". given there's heart symbol in the dialogue bubble, and that aligned with another line said by her in the final page which also has heart symbol to it.

This just adds more confusion to the Beasts Pirates hierarchy. Some of them aren't even Gifters.
Yh it's a bit confusing considering Hawkins is a Headliner but I guess you could think of it as something akin to "only special gifters acquire the headliner rank".
I'd say it's sumin like this:
waiters -> gifters -> special gifters/non-gifters that are worthy of the rank (headliners) -> Tobi Roppo (top headliners)-> *Numbers? -> Calamities (All Star)

Worst

Custom title
I didn't saw many people talking about that sentence, "is it a family issue again?"

Now the fishman if I remember right said that "finally Kaido called them for something important" idk if there is a better translation of that
And by what Ulti said seems that Kaido calls them only for these "family issues"? Maybe his son is a troublemaker?.....I'm curious maybe I'll open a thread about that

I didn't saw many people talking about that sentence, "is it a family issue again?"

Now the fishman if I remember right said that "finally Kaido called them for something important" idk if there is a better translation of that
And by what Ulti said seems that Kaido calls them only for these "family issues"? Maybe his son is a troublemaker?.....I'm curious maybe I'll open a thread about that
I haven't seen the raws and can't say for certain but iirc in that conversation after Sasaki said that, according to spoilers or was it one of the already translated chapters, someone said something along the lines of why are they still waiting even though Kaiidou already summoned them? and then someone said the reason for that is coz Kaidou is busy with something else so ulti's statement could've been in response to that. Might be tripping lolz but I could've sworn I read that somewhere

Sounds interesting. I also don't think they're talking about the numbers.

Worst

Custom title
I haven't seen the raws and can't say for certain but iirc in that conversation after Sasaki said that according to spoilers or was it one of the already translated chapters, someone said something along the lines of why are they still waiting even though Kaiidou already summoned them? and then someone said the reason for that is coz Kaidou is busy with something else so ulti's statement could've been in response to that. Might be tripping lolz but I could've sworn I read that somewhere
Ye I saw different translations of that bust most of them were saying that "finally Kaido called us for something important (but even if it's different Ulti's sentence still keeps the mystery)

Status
Not open for further replies.