Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 979: FAMILY TROUBLE

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Ah, The Three Unpredictable Dimwits(Luffy, Kidd, Zoro)

So Queen's Funk Party, then the Allstars and Fukurojou's toast, Kaidou and Orochi's Thoughts, Big Mom Alliance Announcment, and Finally AN IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT RELATED TO YAMATO BY KAIDOU SAN!?

God dang it! I'm excited. Ngl, I don't see the alliance staying undetected before Kaidou's final words.

The Flying Six are going to be sent out on high alert in order to find Yamato and I'm sure they'll be able to detect some unnaturally strong fodder. At some point, the strawhats won't be able to hide. (I wouldn't put it pass Kaidou to have executions to commemorate the event)

The good thing is, the alliance may be able to take down all six of them while they're in search of Yamato. These fights will definitely have a time limit on them in order to avoid detection so I'm expecting them to go all out from the jump.

From the groups present.

Luffy(Solo Dolo)(Guaranteed Fight. Testing his Armament Haki)
Zoro(Solo)(Guaranteed Fight. Testing Enma)
Kidd(Possibly Solo or with Crew)(Guaranteed Fight. Showcasing his fighting style)
Sanji(Protecting The Girls and Ussop)(Possible Fight with Page One Rematch)
Jinbei(With Robin)(Someone is watching them now. Could it be Yamato?)
Kinemon(Samurai Group)(Definitely could be confronted by The Flying Six)
Denjiro(Samurai Group)(Again, could be confronted by The Flying Six)
Law(Scabbards)(They will probably make it to the back of Onigashima later so I don't see them having any fights)

I want to see Luffy vs Xdrake(Xdrake is curious about Law and Luffy. Tbh, probably the strongest headliner), Kidd vs Sasaki(lacks a metal weapon so should be a good fight), Zoro vs Who's Who(swordsman), Sanji vs Page One(rematch), Jinbei vs Black Maria or Whoever that person is that is watching him?, Ulti vs ???

Flying Six Rankings (Xdrake, Who's Who, Sasaki, Black Maria, Ulti, Page One). Who's Who and Sasaki are at least comparable to commanders if they have confidence that they could take their seats. Xdrake is definitely hiding his strength and I believe he's probably the strongest.

I can't see Oda having Luffy making an outburst here over Oshiruko. There's too much on the line and Queen is right above him. Someone will calm him down. But him being in the epicenter of the first event must mean he'll do something important soon.

Curious about where Kidd has run off to. If he's not at the ceremony yet then..where could he be? O.o

I bet Zoro is somewhere on the outskirts of Onigashima.

Crazy Scenario

Zoro defeats a flying six-member while protecting a strange personwho was on the outskirts of Onigashima or he defeats this strange person. (This person turns out to be Yamato). But he doesn't tell Zoro that he's the son of Kaidou. Yamato finds out from him that they plan on defeating Kaidou and Orochi. Yamato hates his father so he joins Zoro and guides him to the banquet(Zoro can't get there on his own lol). Yamato has taken a liking to Zoro and his strange swordsmanship.

Later on, Zoro and Yamato are caught by Kaidou and His Alliance at the banquet. Yamato reveals his identity to the drunken Kaidou and tells him to spare Zoro's life. Of course, Kaidou would say no. Orochi recalls that Zoro even tried to kill him. But Yamato also overheard that the person who found him would have the chance to take on one of the Allstars. After a bit of grilling by Yamato, Kaidou agrees that a promise is a promise. Not to mention, he recognizes the sword of Oden that Zoro has with him which has piqued his interest.

Kaidou asks Zoro which all-star he will take on. Zoro sees King's sword and smiles, "Him".

The crowd begins to laugh. Zoro's bounty is brought up, "320 Million Berries" and King's Bounty is finally revealed to be "1.65 Billion Berries." King is said to be Kaidou's strongest subordinate along with a list of other feats that overshadows Zoro by miles. Orochi says, "An execution to commence the celebration! Fufufufufu!" The crowd erupts into even more laughter as Zoro places a sword in his mouth. "Three Sword Style!? AHAHAHAHAHA. Is this a circus act?"

Luffy is in the crowd amongst the beast pirates looking on with a serious expression. Ussop asks Luffy is they should help Zoro but Luffy only smiles and says, "He promised he'd never lose to a swordsman until he defeated that guy".

Kaidou and his forces, Big Mom, her commanders, and Orochi's forces look on as King and Zoro take the center stage. The samurai duel will commence soon!
I dream this shit.

So the Big mom pirates aren´t their right now, as @Buusatan94 though this will probably the game changer for later and will bring to brutal lose for the alliance if they don´t get a help from the Navy or someone else.
Also it seems like Kaido probably plan to let his Son Yamato married one of Big moms daughter, in that case my bet is Smoothie, probably it can be someone else. Hyped up to see Yamato later, hope not a goofy character again.

Like the conversation between the beast pirates, the flying six are probably old strong ex captains who working now under Kaido as a special group with he created not long time ago. While I can see the numbers beeing Kaido´s "veterans" while the flying six are overall a new group. Showing again their strenght when they get the highest position after the allstar even before Kaidos Vets.
Want to see Who´s Who and Sasaki in action, the duo seems be a big threat and they could be very good opponents for Zoro and Jinbe for the first fight.

Overall a good chapter, now waiting two weeks again...

Ther isn't a sungle thing in the chapter that i liked.

Pound being alive is awful.

The umpteenth summary of what's going on was unnecessary.

Kanjuro being lost and still unable to report the samurai attack while he was able to send messages from Zou to Wano is absurd.

King getting introduced for the 3th time without a bounty is frustrating.

Yamato's name introduction wasn't worth an entire chapter...

The alliance's raid is going to crash down pretty soon with Luffy, Kid and Zoro's impulsivity and all these characters like Yamato, BM, the BMP, Hawkins and Kanjuro having not arrived yet to the Fire Festival and who may arrive at the worst moment for the alliance plan.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
The alliance's raid is going to crash down pretty soon with Luffy, Kid and Zoro's impulsivity and all these characters like Yamato, BM, the BMP, Hawkins and Kanjuro having not arrived yet to the Fire Festival and who may arrive at the worst moment for the alliance plan.
Hawkins is dead, and I think the Calamities and X Drake will be the only ones able to recognize the Straw Hats. They might go further than expected, especially with the BMP not here at the moment. In fact, they might not be here so the Straw Hats can get their forces into position.

J

Jo_Ndule

Ther isn't a sungle thing in the chapter that i liked.

Pound being alive is awful.

The umpteenth summary of what's going on was unnecessary.

Kanjuro being lost and still unable to report the samurai attack while he was able to send messages from Zou to Wano is absurd.

King getting introduced for the 3th time without a bounty is frustrating.

Yamato's name introduction wasn't worth an entire chapter...
Kanjuro stuff is just awful.
Oda doesnt even try anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.