Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato is honestly a pretty curious name for Kaido's son. First because It doesn't seems Kaido is from Wano (equivalent of fantasy Japan) so stereotypical japanese for his son is odd (all beast pirates have foreign names). And because it's not a typical "bad guy" name. For example "Orochi" sounded villainous for the japanese readers even before we saw him because Orochi is the name of a legenderay and evil japanese snake monster. Kanju used for Kurozumi in the manga also lireally means "black charcoal" aka darkness.
Meanwhile "Yamato people" is how japanese refer their own ethnicty (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato_people )
Yamato-damashii "japanese spirit/values/moral (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato-damashii )
Yamato nadeshiko "the perfect japanese" woman ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato_nadeshiko )
And depending on the kanju used yamato can mean "Great peace)
At the end it's just a name, so it could mean nothing but I truly doubt Kaido's son will just be a gag character or simple strong guy to fight for the straw hats and nothing else!
Kaido’s own name sounds japanese to begin with.

What you call "parties" I call it "daddy's meeting with his old friends", and I don't see anything weird with a child not wanting to be part of that. They aren't his friends but his dad's.
Still begs the question as to why the Flying Six and not a nameless henchman can't go get his son then. Clearly something is abnormal about his son, regardless of his age

I hope Kaido is 63. :hope:

Oden was 39 when he died and he would be 59 if he were alive, to me Kaido looked older than Oden in the flashback. :feelsokeman:

Also 63 is the perfect age for Katakuri to be his son. :kata:

15 yo Kaido banging 20 yo Big Mom it's not that far fetched, is it? :jay-he: i mean wasn't Scarlet getting pregnant at 16 or something? :memehm:

Don't bring up "but Kaido called BM oldhag" :lusalty: maybe that's a wrong translation idk:kayneshrug:, or maybe he is just stupid. :ultimoji:

Last edited:
Yamato is honestly a pretty curious name for Kaido's son. First because It doesn't seems Kaido is from Wano (equivalent of fantasy Japan) so stereotypical japanese for his son is odd (all beast pirates have foreign names).
"Kaidou" is a Japanese word and I'm pretty sure it had a meaning and connection to the bunch of references to Japanese characters like Momotaro and Shuten-doji that we've seen in Wano.

Still begs the question as to why the Flying Six and not a nameless henchman can't go get his son then. Clearly something is abnormal about his son, regardless of his age
That I agree. But I personally see no reason for him to be a grown up man, maximum a teenager (in the lower half of those years) but I'd very well go by a kid.

T

The Penguin

At this point, I'm starting to think Kaido's son is actually on the young side (teenager/20's) and this person, if he's relevant, is the Ace and a totally separate character.

We'll see soon. Definitely uncharacteristic if Oda to forget about this person. The design does not exist anywhere yet
He has to appear right here, Wano.

And yes, it could happen that he is not his son but a high ranked associate/crewmember.

The guy from Punk Hazard is just a headliner at best reporting what happened to Caesar during its retransmission. Kaido's son won't even show up for an important event of his father and the other brokers weren't really elite members of their groups (those who were part of huge organizations, I mean), so why should we expect that guy to be such an important individual doing such an "unimportant" task?

Status
Not open for further replies.