Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 980: Fighting Music

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just classic Sanji fans.

-See even a minor pixel of Zoro bleeding or clashing with someone not-high-tier.
-Create a ruckus over it and start screaming like gorillas.
-Get disproven/shut down by something countering it or an explanation.
-Start pulling the victim card and crying about how mean Zoro fans are.

I've seen kids that whine less than these fanboys. No respect.
zoro fans do the same
I shit on sanji
but no party is better than the other
drop this
:goatasure:
Post automatically merged:

is apoo a headliner confirmed?

-See even a minor pixel of Zoro bleeding or clashing with someone not-high-tier.

First they say Zoro got a gaping hole:suresure: and got low diffed then as more pics came they started saying ooh he got slashed by a non-swordsman and he cant move see he cant move:suresure::suresure: then they started saying Zoro only got the 20 attack stat while Luffy got 80:suresure::suresure::suresure: then they started saying( Gran D master ) Zoro showed his back didn't he said wound to swordman's back is shame how could he :suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure: I mean Zoro who was ready to die for his captain's dream, who was ready to give up his dream for Luffy's sake who swallowed his pride and begged Mihawk to train him for his captain's sake....wouldn't he gladly take any wound on his back for his captain's sake......:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Pfff, so Luffy and Zoro are fine, the spoilers made it look like they took a massive L, and Kidd's about to give that to Apoo next chapter.:denzimote:

Apoo's devil fruit seems undefendable, especially if you don't see it coming, since I assume his attacks are based on sonic soundwaves or air vibrations maybe? Even kizaru got landed by his attacks, but he was fine cause he's a logia.

Then he gets slammed by Kidd.

It's still impressive for someone like Apoo though, but he's still going down. :kata:

Queen says that whoever beats Luffy or Zoro will get a chance for the Tobi Roppo seat (not surprised since its a crew hierarchy based on strength), but the beast pirates charging at Luffy and Zoro are gonna get sweeped.

I guess after they are beaten by Luffy and Zoro, Queen's next 'bright' idea is gonna be to have the tobi roppo themselves take on Luffy and zoro, and if they win have a chance to challenge the all stars for their seat?:kayneshrug:

Talk about a dysfunctional crew, its like playing ranked in competitive multiplayer, its every man for himself. The Beast Pirates truly are savage. :myman:

Good action chapter to start us off, these are the kind that just fly by so fast. Just say yes to the girl Gotti, Capone could use more named crew members and now Lola and Chiffon (and Pound) can come together to get their revenge on Big Mom.

The chaos has officially begun and it's great to see it open with a Supernova clash. It's honestly surprising to see Kid managed to stick to the script this long before Luffy and Zoro spoiled everything. I give all credit to Killer. Luffy and Zoro totally got what they deserved this chapter. Queen is laughing his ass off right now, he's seeing these foolish intruders eat major damage and turn tail to run for it. Until the casualties escalate, Kaido and the Tobiroppo and All-Stars will stay out of it. But the Numbers and Orochi's forces are down there and could join as soon as next chapter.

Queen wanting to get rid of a Tobiroppo brings up the promotion/demotion plot line for a third straight chapter. Thought it's not hard to guess who most likely Queen is thinking here. 1) Page One. If Oda wanted to get rid of him for his failure, he would have remained defeated to Sanji and a new Tobiroppo would have been introduced. It's pointless to address it now. 2) Who's Who and Sasaki. They are disrespectful to the All-Stars and could potentially snag their seats, demoting is tantamount to Queen saving his own skin. But the Beast Pirates operate on a strength-based meritocracy, so even if you remove these two they will climb up the ranks quickly enough again. If this is Queen's fear, it only raises the possibility one of these guys is indeed getting promoted to All-Star. 3) X-Drake. Queen smells a traitor. By far the most reasonable guess. X-Drake is currently happy as part of Kaido's inner circle obtaining lots of juicy intel. Until Queen the tech guy has sufficient evidence to prove to Kaido that X-Drake is a spy, at the very least he can temporarily deny Drake access to information by sending him back to be a regular Headliner.

The sweet sounds of Apoo and his groupies as he slashes Zoro and drops a bomb on the Fifth Emperor. They laughed. They underestimated him. They didn't stay tuned! Like most of the Worst Gen, Apoo looks like he has a damn good Devil Fruit. How do you predict and dodge, or even block sound attacks? Music vibrates the air all around you in every direction, it will also vibrate through liquid and solid surfaces. Observation haki looks useless against Apoo, you just have to take the hit and counter attack. He can deal blunt impact, cutting attacks and explosion damage. Even a logia like Kizaru couldn't avoid the effects of Apoo, was it haki or just some bizzare property of his DF? Would he bypass Kaido's defenses just because Apoo has has own physics like Law's room? It's funny to see Kid and Apoo going at it for the third time in the series. I hope they settle it for good this time. These two hate each other's guts but maybe they'll become good friends in the end.

Just want to make a small note that I am loving all these Beast Pirate grunt designs. All these SMILE abominations around every corner. Some toy men probably belonging to the Cyborg Scotch family. Some outright demonic minions like the giant silhouette guy and the four-armed devil most likely continuing the Wano yokai themes. A stunning amount of variety because Kaido fed his fodder the SMILE. The only group of minions I like more than these were Moria's zombie creations in Thriller Bark.

Hopefully the rest of the Strawhats and Kid Pirates get to have fun next chapter. I just noticed Kid is doing the alliance a favor every time he uses his power. He disarms all the blades, guns, and technology of the enemy to use his attacks then leaves it all as a mess. The SBS says his hobby is listening to music and I imagine that's how he'll name all his attacks. But would it kill this man to use an attack that's not a giant hand? I'm rooting for Apoo just to push Kid's brain to that next creative level.

It would have been a great chapter if not for Zoro and Luffy blowing up their cover for nothing. I don't know but this time I didn't think that was fun : Zoro slicing the tower getting mad at Luffy and one second later agreeing that they must wreak havoc... It was a bit too forced comedy wise for me and character wise a bit weird.

And it lessened the tension of the arc and the war to come, not really a good thing.

Love Apoo here , the guy is fun, his attacks are cool, love his DJ vibes, and love that Kid will smash his traitor face.

Queen and Apoo taking like buddys was cool too.

Queen wanted to remove a F6 is new, I think he is aware of WsW disrespect and wants to kill him.

And it was nice to see more headliners and to see that they are more or less capable fighters

Good chapter
Come on dude, both Luffy and Zoro had seen the plight of Wano and how Otama reacted when she got to eat her first Oshuriko....also Zoro has seen what the starvation has done to Ebisu town.....they were forced to eat defective smiles and Zoro was mighty pissed when he saw how they couldn't cry at Yasu's death only laugh...even Yasu's daughter...so they blowing up the cover isn't that bad....and come on its the dynamic idiot duo they would have blown their cover anyhow

That will never happen, this community is very very very biased. Especially a subset of zoro fans who will never ever ever ever say that zoro ever shows any signs of weakness. Its almost like it would kill them to do it.
Why focus on the weakness of a strong character? He told Mihawk he'd be ashamed of a back wound. Yet when Luffy's flagging he puts that aside to carry him. Apoo looks good, the crew will eventually look good, it's all good.

Lol cut it out Zoro fans do the same thing when sanji is mentioned even slightly in a bad light and I don’t see you complaining then.

Shit everyone on here does it but it’s all in good fun only problem is when people start taking shit too seriously and y’all fall right into that category along w luffy fanboys and sanji fanboys lol it is what it is.

Speaking of the chapter I enjoyed it greatly and as I said in the spoiler thread you can’t judge this chapter based on feats cuz as zoro eloquently pointed out the Yonko crew is full of heavy hitters. Imagine having to fend off fodders and heavy hitters and still go up against an opponent like Apoo where you’re unfamiliar w his devil fruit abilities. They were both bound to get tagged. But it’s not something that should be used to measure strength or skill as other factors were clearly in play as well neither was it a 2v1 fight or 1v1 fight clearly so there you have it!

A picture of any upcoming troll

Is that red admiral at micky ds?

Why focus on the weakness of a strong character? He told Mihawk he'd be ashamed of a back wound. Yet when Luffy's flagging he puts that aside to carry him. Apoo looks good, the crew will eventually look good, it's all good.
Yo man, zoro is a G dont worry. I just want the war to start already at this point.

zoro fans do the same
I shit on sanji
but no party is better than the other
drop this
:goatasure:

is apoo a headliner confirmed?
If he's aiming for the tobi roppo seats, I'd say he's pretty much confirmed
No mention of that in this chapter thou

Anyway, as usual, the thread, like every other threads where the chapter involves Zoro and/or Sanji, is turning into a Zoro vs Sanji thread where both party downplaying each other
Such Toxic kids, I really hope Oda kill those 2 character in 1 chapter, with only 1 hit
But that ain't gonna happen sadly :seriously:

Status
Not open for further replies.