Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 980: Fighting Music

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shura

Lol loved this chapter..
The luffy wankers wanting Jack or Queen to be blueno'd as a luffy warm-up fight before kaido,has been hatched in the egg,the guy is been stalled by Kaido's equivalent of the enraged army.
Luffy also fails to even use Future sight on Apoo's 2nd attack even though he was clearly focused and calm;I hope this opens people's eyes and they realize that in-verse,Luffy isn't that far ahead of his Worst generation peers as both were pretty casual but Apoo's still caused luffy alot of problems and even ko'd him for seconds.
Luffy and Zoro's interactions were on point and shows they understand each other very well.
Queen isn't that worried about luffy and Zoro and is even mocking them for being overwhelmed at the very beggining of the battle indicating he doesn't take them seriously yet.
Apoo's powers are very mysterious and interesting and I hope he isn't yet Ko'd by kid's punk Gibson attack and actually puts up a good fight against kid next week;if not,I hope Queen intervenes and clashes with Kid.
Zoro and luffy are clearly overwhelmed by the number of enemies and can't afford to fight them all while being casual,so I think they're either getting captured or someone comes to their aid.
Hopefully next week,Kaido hears about them and the war officially begins.
Ps: Lol at luffy getting ko'd by Apoo's nameless attack..so much for Luffy being low top tier and above Rayleigh lmfao.
I hope people will use the same energy they used to say Zoro fainted to nerfed Killer.
So many misconceptions in one post........

Apoo ain't using nameless attack....he used the same attack he did against Kizaru......so that is anything but casual......

Luffy got KOed in a same way Kaido got KOed....we saw Luffy was fine by the end.....

You are saying SN are not that far ahead of Luffy and at the same time you were saying he was an equivalent to enraged army???......

Also, dude learn what does KO means.....

Luffy using FS doesn't mean he can evade every attack....first, Luffy has to figure out how the attack works......just remember Katakuri vs Luffy, when Luffy used Snakeman, Katakuri got hit even when he was using FS and it took a while to understood how it work...and he adapted to it accordingly.....

Ummm... Luffy already "Bluenoed" a Yonko Commander. He was called Cracker, a.k.a. 4th strongest guy in the organization. Like Morj said, the "Blueno" is always 4th strongest.

If it happens this time, it's just going be a clean hit with Jack, and with no help. Imo, 1 clean Leo Bazooka with advanced CoA will do him in. No need for KKG. Maybe even a clean hit KG will do him in.

Apoo ain't using nameless attack....he used the same attack he did against Kizaru......so that is anything but casual......

Luffy got KOed in a same way Kaido got KOed....we saw Luffy was fine by the end.....

You are saying SN are not that far ahead of Luffy and at the same time you were saying he was an equivalent to enraged army???......

Luffy using FS doesn't mean he can evade every attack....first, Luffy has to figure out how the attack works......just remember Katakuri vs Luffy, when Luffy used Snakeman, Katakuri got hit even when he was using FS and it took a while to understood how it work...and he adapted to it accordingly.....
i agree with you, i've always thought that luffy isn't that far ahead of the supernovas, otherwise why would Oda introduced them at the first place? they are meant to be rivals... and luffy's 1.5B bounty is a mere result of Morgan's overhyped news, but the "Fifth Emperor" part is badass tho 🔥
Post automatically merged:

Ummm... Luffy already "Bluenoed" a Yonko Commander. He was called Cracker, a.k.a. 4th strongest guy in the organization. Like Morj said, the "Blueno" is always 4th strongest.

If it happens this time, it's just going be a clean hit with Jack, and with no help. Imo, 1 clean Leo Bazooka with advanced CoA will do him in. No need for KKG. Maybe even a clean hit KG will do him in.
1 clean hit? r u fukin serious man??? i love luffy but ur such a luffy wankers...

Lol dude,learn to be less aggressive when you quote me,if not,next time no need to address my posts when they aren't directed at you.I was addressing the luffy wankers, you felt triggered if I look at your response so I guess you are one.
1)Just because Apoo used the same attack on Kizaru doesn't mean the attack isn't nameless. Do you know what a named attack is? That's an attack used without being named.Apoo using it preskip on Kizaru,doesn't mean that attack isn't casual postskip especially when it's an unnamed attack.
2)I don't see why you bring the Kaido part into my point since the 2 are obviously not the same.Luffy needed to be carried by zero for some seconds unlike Kaido who was getting pummeled because he was drunk.Even if you want to use it as an argument,I have no problem with it as it doesn't change the fact luffy was Ko'd for some seconds and needed to be saved.
3)Dude learn to read my posts before responding,when I'm talking about enraged army,I'm not talking about Apoo but the whole army they(Zoro and luffy) are fighting right now which includes gifters,headliners& Apoo.In rankings in the beasts pirates, all those guys are equivalent to Bm's enraged army.
I do know what means been Ko'd. .It literally means Knocked out and luffy was knocked out by Apoo for some seconds,no need to deny that.
4)The part on future sight was just to open people's eyes on how that ability isn't that overpowered unless you use it properly.It is also a signal to the luffy wankers who are always certain he low diffs every Sns regardless of match-ups.
Even ignoring match-ups,going by portrayal I doubt luffy low diffs Jack.

S

stealthblack

Why I see Queen next chapter go brachiosaurus mode and drop from that high place headbutt on luffy, zoro, kidd's head, KOing them. Like he did with BM. You are not ready for next chapter if you didn't like this one.

Lol dude,learn to be less aggressive when you quote me,if not,next time no need to address my posts when they aren't directed at you.I was addressing the luffy wankers, you felt triggered if I look at your response so I guess you are one.
1)Just because Apoo used the same attack on Kizaru doesn't mean the attack isn't nameless. Do you know what a named attack is? That's an attack used without being named.Apoo using it preskip on Kizaru,doesn't mean that attack isn't casual postskip especially when it's an unnamed attack.
2)I don't see why you bring the Kaido part into my point since the 2 are obviously not the same.Luffy needed to be carried by zero for some seconds unlike Kaido who was getting pummeled because he was drunk.Even if you want to use it as an argument,I have no problem with it as it doesn't change the fact luffy was Ko'd for some seconds and needed to be saved.
3)Dude learn to read my posts before responding,when I'm talking about enraged army,I'm not talking about Apoo but the whole army they(Zoro and luffy) are fighting right now which includes gifters,headliners& Apoo.In rankings in the beasts pirates, all those guys are equivalent to Bm's enraged army.
I do know what means been Ko'd. .It literally means Knocked out and luffy was knocked out by Apoo for some seconds,no need to deny that.
4)The part on future sight was just to open people's eyes on how that ability isn't that overpowered unless you use it properly.It is also a signal to the luffy wankers who are always certain he low diffs every Sns regardless of match-ups.
Even ignoring match-ups,going by portrayal I doubt luffy low diffs Jack.
I am pretty sure that Apoo used name attack for all 3 moves against Luffy and Zoro:
First he called it: Scraatch Bwoww! Luffy got punched
Second : Kshh! Zoro got cut
And last: Bam! Luffy took a full blow(explosion)

But I agree about all the dinamic with Zoro getting downplayed against Killer (which is sad) cuz it is the first real SN vs SN councluded fight. And is a nice feat for Zoro - (Zoro didnt use the bandana meaning he didnt go full out)
All the member of the worst generation are for me above the rest of the straw-hat - Jimbe not include

Last edited:
I love when peoples headcanon get destroyed
Let's start from dressrosa arc
Luffy defeats doffy = people saying boundman is yonko level and admiral
Fast forward to wci, luffy fought cracker(stated he's haki was stronger than doffy yet people claimed zoro will low diff him) for more than 5 hours and only won because of nami(still a win tho)
Tea party, luffy clashed with bigmom = people saying luffy is now admiral tier and big mom is weakest yonko
Then got humbled by katakuri and even the fight showed us that katakuris armament was stronger than luffys as luffys hand were in pains anytime they bumped fists and then barely won = people saying luffy is way ahead of first mate and he's gonna low diff them and only yonkos can give him a fight..lol

Luffy vs kaido = people saying kaido was weak until the next chapter came out and luffy was one shot..lol

Now he learnt adv coa = people saying he is real yonko tier but got hit and ko(still fine tho) by apoo..lol

Now for zoro..
Zoro hasn't stressed since new world = people saying he's already fm level(the wank)..got injured by killer, still wom the fight tho and now got humbled by apoo
Casual mountain slash zoro yet clashed equally with Hawkins strawman and killers scythe

Ps: luffy isn't yet yonko level and he won't be after this war( he will will be in their realm of power tho) until solos one yonko himself(either shanks or bb).
And zoro is gonna enter the realm of fm after fighting king

So can we stop making luffy more powerful than he is because of pu, we knkw he is strong but the wank is not needed..luffy ain't invisible

I forgot doffy
150 chapter + after dressrosa and people think doffy wins against cracker or jack..lol
And people think law remained stagnant since dressrosa

This war is gonna be handing L's to everybody including villains too

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
You took the L with dignity at start and now you are backtracking... Just dont, it cant end well.

Now for zoro..
Zoro hasn't stressed since new world = people saying he's already fm level(the wank)..got injured by killer, still wom the fight tho and now got humbled by apoo
Casual mountain slash zoro yet clashed equally with Hawkins strawman and killers scythe
I know you tried to shit on Zoro but this doesnt help your argument at all. I am not sure if you can understand why tho.

S

Shura

I love when peoples headcanon get destroyed
Let's start from dressrosa arc
Luffy defeats doffy = people saying boundman is yonko level and admiral
Fast forward to wci, luffy fought cracker(stated he's haki was stronger than doffy yet people claimed zoro will low diff him) for more than 5 hours and only won because of nami(still a win tho)
Tea party, luffy clashed with bigmom = people saying luffy is now admiral tier and big mom is weakest yonko
Then got humbled by katakuri and even the fight showed us that katakuris armament was stronger than luffys as luffys hand were in pains anytime they bumped fists and then barely won = people saying luffy is way ahead of first mate and he's gonna low diff them and only yonkos can give him a fight..lol

Luffy vs kaido = people saying kaido was weak until the next chapter came out and luffy was one shot..lol

Now he learnt adv coa = people saying he is real yonko tier but got hit and ko(still fine tho) by apoo..lol

Now for zoro..

Ps: luffy isn't yet yonko level and he won't be after this war( he will will be in their realm of power tho) until solos one yonko himself(either shanks or bb).
And zoro is gonna enter the realm of fm after fighting king

So can we stop making luffy more powerful than he is because of pu, we knkw he is strong but the wank is not needed..luffy ain't invisible

I forgot doffy
150 chapter + after dressrosa and people think doffy wins against cracker or jack..lol
And people think law remained stagnant since dressrosa

This war is gonna be handing L's to everybody including villains too
We know Lufy ain't yonkonlevel yet....but did someone really beat any Yonko to be Yonko level ??

We know Lufy ain't yonkonlevel yet....but did someone really beat any Yonko to be Yonko level ??
Besides no one said he is invincible......invincible means he can't be injured which no one said Luffy comes out uninjured....not to mention there was nothing happened other than some superficial injuries.....

Besides no one said he is invincible......invincible means he can't be injured which no one said Luffy comes out uninjured....not to mention there was nothing happened other than some superficial injuries.....
Probably there were strong dudes on the sea that Kaido & Meme killed that didn't get to be recognized cause of them.

S

Shura

and luffy's 1.5B bounty is a mere result of Morgan's overhyped news, but the "Fifth Emperor" part is badass tho 🔥
Luffy didn't get bounty because Morgans news...stop it....WG never gives bounties based on Morgans news.....

Aggresive??....

did I abuse you? no
did I scold you? no

I didn't get triggered.....I mean if someone offers you counter arguments, then it means they were triggered???...what kind of logic is that.....besides, triggered people will abuse you/troll you which I didn't do any of that...I merely placed my arguments.....

Besides, you can turn a blind eye to Luffy wankers who you think are waking him to invincible the same way you can turn a blind eye to Zoro fandom or any other fandom ...guess only Luffy wankers can trigger you.....

anyways, it is your choice to which post you can respond...so it is fine .....

So according to you, WB was casual in MF since he didn't use any named attacks....besides, Apoo used named attack.....

momentary stunned =/= KO.....he need not to be saved....I mean how do you think he can get captured in that fraction of seconds??...by those fodders ?...nope.....Apoo??....he didn't do anything in that fraction of seconds eventhough both Luffy and Zoro are in range......

Hmm...sorry....my bad...I have no comments regarding that....it is not like they were completely stopped....they were just an annoyance....anyways we need to see the next chapter on what they can do.....

Abilities are such that they have loopholes even though they were overpowered/hax......

for example, Sugar can even eliminate Yonko with her touch but does that mean she is strong and yonko level or Yonko can't neg diff her because she can eradicate them....or take Law ....what happened to him against Doflamingo??...did it worked like it worked in PH.....

Hax are hax until they were figured out....but haki ain't...of course agreed on properly using part though...

The panels are there but you're not showing them, this issue is that there are no presentable facts to support your evidence that because killer didnt have his mask, he was in some way, shape or formed, mentally unstable. This is subjective nonsense that you're claiming to be facts presented by the story. Was he tortured, yes, that was implied when Kid said what did they do to you, did that make him at any point in Wano weaker than when he fought Kaido vs Now, which is where my argument is at and that is NO, it's a very obvous NO, and i was asking to show me any foothold in evidence stating that he was weaker because of that.

B His face was covered the whole time with Bandages, so him having his mask doesnt make any difference whatsoever.

My issue is when people go on random fantasy tangents, that are usued to support extreme bias in characters strengths or weaknesses and then claim it to be objective when it's their own subjective nonsense
I don't know if he was physically weaker, but considering that Robin's betrayal left the Straw Hats significantly weakened just because of the emotional impact I don't see why it wouldn't be Killer's case considering his situation, which is arguably worse than theirs.

Regarding the mask, his face wasn't covered as Kamazou. His mouth and eyes, main points of expression of laugh, are still visible, and odds are that Killer just tried to hide his face the best he could without a mask especially made for it.

And my facts are there, the problem is that you understand "fact" as Oda explicitly explaining something to you. The fact here is that Killer is traumatized by his laugh, which he hates; that he hated it so much that would kill whoever mocked it (a very stable answer) until he ended up stopping laughing and covering his face with a mask he won't take off even as an adult; and that his laugh still affects him because his crewmates had to adopt it to support him.

So for Kamazou to be as mentally stable as Killer you need to accept that:

A) Killer can live while constantly laughing and unmasked, showing his eyes and smiles; which he can't.

B) Killer won't be affected by his laugh and therefore won't need support from his crew to cope with it; which he does need.

Again, I'm just understanding a character here. No point in building such background and support from the Kid Pirates if Kamazou was as fine as Killer and wasn't mentally affected by the situation. I'm not saying he developed a psychosis or some hard mental disorder, let's get that right, but I find it to be undeniable that the whole situation did affect his performance to a certain degree because, well, it is a damn trauma. Not only that, but his biggest one. You can't expect me to think that a guy who needs to wear a mask to hide his face, hates his laugh the most and would kill whoever mocked it will feel perfectly normal and fine in a situation where he can't avoid laughing, can't properly hide his face and doesn't even have the crewmates that ended up supporting him by mimicking the laugh.

Again, Luffy performed significantly worse because of Robin leaving. Now imagine Killer without all of his crewmates (and his relationship with them, and with Kid, has been portrayed to be very close like that of Luffy and his people), without his coping tool and unable to control the core of his trauma. In no way a proper character writing would have him perfectly operational and fine.

Apoo must use an attack to face Kizaru against Luffy, it's like Luffy and Apoo used each other as hypetool.

..but i guess Luffy with his FS and adv CoA must always be plot-restricted as usual in order not to look better aside his nakama and allies.

and props to Apoo, he can use various types of attack with music. But if sound is waves, then Kidd may be the exact match up for him. electromagnetic uses waves too i guess, so they match up well, Kidd vs Apoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.