Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 981 : "Engagement"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Oda used Marco to confirm that the BMP are out of the war
So now it's Kaido+Big Mom+Calamities+Flying Six(Five)+Apoo and The Samurais Vs Luffy Zoro Sanji Law Kidd Killer Jinbei Marco Izo and The Scabbards plus the other Strawhats and Perhaps Hawkins and Drake Joining

So Oda used Marco to confirm that the BMP are out of the war
So now it's Kaido+Big Mom+Calamities+Flying Six(Five)+Apoo and The Samurais Vs Luffy Zoro Sanji Law Kidd Killer Jinbei Marco Izo and The Scabbards plus the other Strawhats and Perhaps Hawkins and Drake Joining
There's a chance of other WBPs being around too, we'll probably get confirmation next chapter

Agree since Killer has a mask on his face now so Zoro might not recognize Killer and Killer has no interest to talk about his fight with Zoro. I think they should have bonded at Onigashima. It's weird if after they fought they don't have interaction or bond.

It's also funny someone with the name Killer is the most calm headed among the four lol.
It's just that our other three idiots share one braincell lol.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Zoro may only end up realizing who he is through his laugh "fa fa fa"
Even if he does recognize Killer as Kamazou, I don't think it'll cause any drama. If he knows Killer ate a failed SMILE it might even spark some respect from Zoro or something. But the fact they fought before won't cause any issues - Zoro's had drinks with Braham at the end of Skypeia and even made some jokes after defeating Kaku. He doesn't tend to hate his enemies.

That was just an amazing chapter, top to bottom. I loved so much about it.

Luffy’s humor was on point, he actually had the audacity to tell someone else that he knew they would cause trouble. Zoro, Kid, and Killer’s reaction to him and each other was excellent.

Apoo’s ability now confuses me a bit. If it was only about hearing, why do the attacks from it occur on the outside of the body? Them putting their hands over their ears really stopped his power? Though, maybe that was just a gag and it’s only about being out of range, because Killer wasn’t covering his ears.

Nami was pretty good too, in the one scene we got her. I like how she’s just smiling widely in a situation where they’re in the most dangerous position they’ve ever been in. She’s grown a tremendous amount over the course of the story, and that’s one small, subtle way. Luffy’s had a huge impact on her, smiling just like he would. Chopper was also hilarious without saying anything. I love how all the samurai jumped into the water and only he was left there. His face was amazing. Can’t wait to see what comes of that. Also, remember when anyone tries to tell you that Sanji “loves” a certain someone, that he separated from the group in the middle of the most dangerous mission they’ve had to date to go look for prostitutes. Just saying.

Marco was the best part of the chapter to me. Seeing him is awesome, I really didn’t think he’d show up. I expected him to show up when Luffy went after Teach, but not now after he said he wouldn’t. I’m not complaining though. The earlier he’s here, the more time he spends with Luffy, which means a better chance of joining the crew, which, while it’s more of a hope for me than anything, I can see legitimate reasons behind it. His line was excellent though. “The next time you make it up here...it’s ages of ours might look a little different.” Gave me chills. Izo’s line about him was interesting as well, he truly has been out of commission since their loss to Teach.

Big Mom’s crew not making it up the waterfall in all this time is a bit strange, I wonder why Oda has kept them there. Maybe they lost the carp after the first fall and couldn’t find any more until now. I do think that their fall is purposeful though, and not just Oda screwing with them. Maybe something to do with Katakuri, if he isn’t there. A device of sorts to make them wait for him.

Oh, and the colorspread was great. The colors were vibrant and different. Zoro was knocked the fuck out while Sanji, Usopp, and Brook played music for Luffy and Nami who looked like they were on a date lol. Nice all around.

This was one of the best chapters in Wano, can’t wait for the next one.

Last edited:
Luffy one
Bringing ear plugs to the battle is cheating lol. If you cover your ears while fighting it is a great nerf. Now imagine Luffy who always fight with his hands has to cover his ears. He cannot attack with his hands and the majority of Luffy attacks that need to be used with his hands too like G3, Red Hawk, etc.
Luffy can fight with his hands tied as seen is fishmen Island.

Gears 2 and jet stomps.

Luffy is the only one that has no excuse for him running away.

Bringing ear plugs to the battle is cheating lol. If you cover your ears while fighting it is a great nerf. Now imagine Luffy who always fight with his hands has to cover his ears. He cannot attack with his hands and the majority of Luffy attacks that need to be used with his hands too like G3, Red Hawk, etc.
Why is wearing ear plugs cheating.

Is it also cheating if you rip off your cloth from your shirt and put it in your ears?

Is the only fair fight against Apoo a naked one?

Wait, are you also not supposed to cover you ears with hands? Is that cheating too?

So the only way to fight Apoo without cheating is to fight naked without arms? What about legs? Should those be cut down too?

:pepecafe:

N

NeutralWatcher

Luffy one
Luffy can fight with his hands tied as seen is fishmen Island.

Gears 2 and jet stomps.

Luffy is the only one that has no excuse for him running away.
So atacking with his head? Apoo's endurance is high. He got up after Kidd's named attack which is stronger than Luffy's head attack. Even if that's the case Apoo would get up fine and attack Luffy back.

So atacking with his head? Apoo's endurance is high. He got up after Kidd's named attack which is stronger than Luffy's head attack. Even if that's the case Apoo would get up fine and attack Luffy back.
Luffy has advanced armament Haki( both versions), so he can attack apoo and destroy him from the inside out.

He also has Advanced Observation haki Future Sight.

Combine both advanced observation and
Advanced Armament haki with Gear 2's teleport speed and jet Stomp gattling attack. Apoo would not stand a chance.

Luffy the only one that can deal with Apoo has not excuse for his behavior unless he wants Kid, Killer and Zoro dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.