Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 981 : "Engagement"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Avg chapter bt no complains.

Highlights for me are:-
Ofcrs Marco return. Pulling the same feat as King, BM also inviting King like Shanks did with Marco, so Oda migjt be onto something here.

Killer have his original weapons back, so we know he was nerfed in his fight with Zoro. That was good step from Oda, he was fucking disappointment otherwise.

Kidd-Killer and Luffy-Zoro, make sense Sanji didn't come with Luffy-Zoro. Also, Apoo be the first to make all 4 of em run lol.

Apoo was right as well, if Kaidou alone can smash em as Hawkins prediction, they never stood any chances against RHPs. So Kidd shouldn't put all blame on Apoo for ending up how he did.

Sanji panels might look funny to some bt if i meet Oda i am not threaten him to not go overboard with Sanji gags, at this point i have started to not find em funny anymore.

BM-Chopper panel was fun tho. Sanji being there, i wonder what Oda has planned for em. Hopefully Oda doesn't use cheap logic to avoid this confrontation, bt i think he will.

Last edited:
This war is gonna be really messy, atleast in MF u know its pretty much Marines vs WBP alliance (with squardo drama but thats pretty much it). In wano, nobody could trusts each other. lots of backstabbing, unfinished beefs, hidden agendas, and a ticking time bomb with Kaido and BM alliance. My one and only wish, is for O-Lin not to make a comeback, esp in crucial moments. That'll be my biggest nightmare. I'd rather have BM and Kaido fighting each other in sane state of mind bcs of one reason or another, like BM feeling betrayed that Kaido didnt tell her about the port which costs her children to be stuck for days, rather than O-lin wrecking shits up bcs shes trying to protect Tama, Chopper, and o-shiruko.

First thing first, why is there no Robin and Franky at the color spread..?? :choppawhat:
RIP to King's false hype as a strong YC1 for knocking down an entire Yonko crew off the waterfall. Every YC can achieve it as a surprise attack.:phoenixmarco::goatasure:
Kidd getting triggered by hearing others talk bad about Killer was so satisfying..:finally:
It looks like Who's Who and Sasaki are the only active participant of Yamato hunting. I have a high hopes for Whos'Who after this chapter.:kaimoji:
Lastly, Sanji didn't see what I think he saw did he..?? :doffytroll:

a few gems
"a brothel with no women should surely have no men" lmao.

who's who recieves additional focus with the mention of sasaki. he might have an ongoing rift with queen and I am curious where this goes.
There's a chance bm pirates are prevented from joining the war , with marco here, chances kaido is going down right here in wano and now is likely. talk of the alliance not being ready is not something I can take seriously at this point. Moreso the only people that could possibly aid them are either marine admirals or the grand fleet.
era changing is a big event folks. perhaps thats why oda needed so many of the worstgen here. their era/legend starts now
:finally:
law is missing out on important chemistry right now and tbh I dont miss him at all . no break next week :fransuper:

Superb humor with this 4 worstgeneration, love that!!! Luffy calling out Kid, Zoro calling out Luffy, Kid calling out Roronoa and Killer calling out all 3 idiots. Love that :goyea:.

The art was on fire for this chapter, all panels with Kid are splendid.
Marco is on fire:phoenixmarco:.

I am annoyed with Oda about Sanji, give that man a break from all this repetitive gag please :giogio:
Exactly what I am saying, all of this is true esp sanji with the repetitive gags
I know its repetitive but you gotta admit that was funny.
Imagine youre one of the main fighters of the allaince and u go looking for hookers before the war begins :milaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.