Spoiler One Piece Chapter 983 Spoilers Discussion

Who Is Luffy’s Right Hand Man?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isnt a character arc because there is no beginning

See the problem is Oden had never failed. Least of all at a physical endeavor.

If we had seen Oden FAIL before and then get a glimpse of a bad decision he makes when he has failed, THEN when we see him being docile and not going berserk we would notice a change.

Like if he FAILED to beat Asura douji in a physical confrontation and then we see how he responds to that. Then that itself informs how he deals with failing to beat Kaido and Orochi. Then that's a character arc. But this is the first time hes ever failed so we don't have a reference for how he would previously have dealt with failure in this regard.

You even say it yourself that somewhere along the way with roger and whitebeard he SOMEHOW learned to be along more docile and that's the problem. We don't see it. We don't see Oden fail before. And we don't see what alongctually changed him in the middle. We just cut to Oden' s very first failure and he's now supposedly alongctually more docile person as if we can pick out a previous situation when he wasn't.

See I admitted somewhere along the way that there is ONE very clear change Oden went through. I said Oden was not a man of faith at the start of flashback and became one by the end. Oden "killed" a scared boar, he desecrated a corpse during a funeral, he didn't even believe in his own country's ideologies. He believed in nothing at all. Then at the end of the story, he's a firm believer in thus mysterious Joyboy prophecy. And when I say firm believer, I mean this man is willing to die and even risk the death of his friends and family upon this nonsense prophecy shit.

This is the ONLY thing I see actually changed with Oden. And yet ITS NOT A CHARACTER ARC AS WELL. We don't see how or why the prophecy changed oden because that's the fuckin one piece so we can't see that now. So once again, there's Nothing there. No character arc. Just things happening.
Yeah I cant argue with that, we definitely don't see the arc I was more arguing that point that he stayed static. He definitely had character growth its just not highlighted or shown as to what the trigger or triggers were. I'll concede that this perpetuates your point so I'll take my L lmao.

Still not bad writing to me tho, I don't need the character arcs from ever major character, just that he story is cohesive and compelling with a deeper theme or themes attached lol. But dat me

Dont say all just say sasaki the others didn't say nun bout his strength or laugh
■ Ulti made fun of him
■ Sasaki is laughing at him .
■ Other F6s didn't see him as an opponent who can make it to the top while they were discussing who would be the leader of F6s?
Post automatically merged:

Zoan's are insane tanks
Yamato 👀👀

Why?

If Yamato was this strong then there would be no point of letting the f6 search for him, they would at least send Jack.
Post automatically merged:

This Jack disrespect needs to end
:endthis:
The Tobi Roppo just think too highly of themselves. That's really it. Yamato is the son of Kaido and therefore should be quite strong. I think putting him above Jack makes sense.

The Tobi Roppo just think too highly of themselves. That's really it. Yamato is the son of Kaido and therefore should be quite strong. I think putting him above Jack makes sense.
I don't really understand that argument though. How makes it sense to put him above Jack only because he's the son of Kaido?
Why jack? Why not Who's Who or Queen?

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
He used a full powerup which raised his Ap/durability/defense... but he couldn't make him bleed simple as that .
Thats mean
1. He not getting used to his raid suit.
2. He not combined his raid suit + Diamble Jambe (and + Armament Haki?)
3. How good Ancient Zoan durability is.

And the fact, sanji ran away from Page One is because X-Drake and Hawkins might appear in the place where they are fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.